Jump to content
Nett Swing

Golfing Curator: Collector Of Anecdotes/Disasters/Bogeys

12 posts / 995 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Hi all; new to the site, so take this as a general 'fore'

Currently writing a humorous book about the absurd yet strangely addictive past-time/sport/affliction that is golf. All nonsense welcome. Thanks for having me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Recently saw a guy pick up and flip his ball up with a putter. Hit him hard, square in the forehead and knocked him down. Needs more practice. Best, -Marv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST. Lots of books already out there on the topics you listed. Good luck in your endeavor. 

As for humorous remarks, actually heard this, and have read it in print before. 

Caddy: "150 to to the front of the green." 

Player: "Can I get there with my 6 iron?"

Caddy: "Eventually".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, MarvChamp said:

Recently saw a guy pick up and flip his ball up with a putter. Hit him hard, square in the forehead and knocked him down. Needs more practice. Best, -Marv

I saw an unfamiliar guy the other day, who was pissed that he missed a short putt. He kicks the ball towards the cart, and while walking, put a big swing on the ball with his putter. Caught the ball perfectly. The ball hit the wheel of the cart, just right, and rebounded straight back,  squarely on his shin bone. 

Left an ugly, purple bump on his leg he had to deal with the rest of the round. Probably for a few more days too. 

My fake cough, hopefully disquised my slight laugh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, Patch said:

I saw an unfamiliar guy the other day, who was pissed that he missed a short putt. He kicks the ball towards the cart, and while walking, put a big swing on the ball with his putter. Caught the ball perfectly. The ball hit the wheel of the cart, just right, and rebounded straight back,  squarely on his shin bone. 

Left an ugly, purple bump on his leg he had to deal with the rest of the round. Probably for a few more days too. 

My fake cough, hopefully disquised my slight laugh. 

Cough cough cough hahaha cough cough cough.  Smirk.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It never fails to amaze me what happens to a golf ball once it has left the club face! Absolutely anything seems possible, except what was intended....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2019 at 1:16 PM, Nett Swing said:

Hi all; new to the site, so take this as a general 'fore'

Currently writing a humorous book about the absurd yet strangely addictive past-time/sport/affliction that is golf. All nonsense welcome. Thanks for having me.

Humorous, I’m afraid I can’t help. Horror,...I’ve got you covered...for pages and pages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was very lucky during my college years. I pretty much worked my way through college at one golf course or another and then spent another 7-8 years as a club pro. I should really write a book. I worked at a public golf course that was pretty full of degenerate gamblers, drinkers,etc. Probably was the best years of my life. I learned many, many interesting lessons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interesting to hear from American golfers on here. Have any of you played in the UK? Would love to hear about your impressions of the English conditions by comparison. By contrast, the US game looks so glamorous; although I'm sure it's not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Nett Swing said:

Interesting to hear from American golfers on here. Have any of you played in the UK? Would love to hear about your impressions of the English conditions by comparison. By contrast, the US game looks so glamorous; although I'm sure it's not...

If the pros had to play with the course conditions we sometimes encounter at our local munis, they wouldn't score so well either. Best, -Marv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/10/2019 at 3:07 PM, Nett Swing said:

Interesting to hear from American golfers on here. Have any of you played in the UK? Would love to hear about your impressions of the English conditions by comparison. By contrast, the US game looks so glamorous; although I'm sure it's not...

I lived in Northern England for 4 years, the biggest difference to me between the US and the UK, is the steady rain and wind in that part of England.  Here in the US, a lot of folks don't golf because of the rain, when I was in the UK I can't remember if I ever golfed when it wasn't raining.

The one thing I really enjoyed in the UK though was that everyone was walking, only riding in a cart if you had a doctor's note.  I think walking is more enjoyable, but a lot of courses here are just not good for walkers, where I think the UK courses are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, JGus said:

I lived in Northern England for 4 years, the biggest difference to me between the US and the UK, is the steady rain and wind in that part of England.  Here in the US, a lot of folks don't golf because of the rain, when I was in the UK I can't remember if I ever golfed when it wasn't raining.

The one thing I really enjoyed in the UK though was that everyone was walking, only riding in a cart if you had a doctor's note.  I think walking is more enjoyable, but a lot of courses here are just not good for walkers, where I think the UK courses are.

I watch Golf VLOGS UK on YouTube. Set in and around Bolton. They often play in rain and some cold...and they WALK. Even 80-year-old The Dad. I wondered if I could do that. Best, -Marv (Co. D, 2nd Bn./16th Inf. Reg., 1st Inf Div BRO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...