IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay easy one this time. No controversy here. Just a simple question. I think I know how a lot of you will answer but here goes. 

Would You Rather #46:

Would you rather get foot at the turn (hot dog, burger, something where you stop and purchase, not counting just pulling a snack from your bag). 

Or would you rather just play on at the turn and get food after the round? 

Play on.   I tend to just get a bag of chips and some Powerade.  

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay easy one this time. No controversy here. Just a simple question. I think I know how a lot of you will answer but here goes. 

Would You Rather #46:

Would you rather get foot at the turn (hot dog, burger, something where you stop and purchase, not counting just pulling a snack from your bag). 

I rarely eat feet. Maybe pig knuckle or something on occasion, but that’s where I draw the line.😜

I usually have a Clif Bar in the bag and would rather just keep playing.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I rarely eat feet. Maybe pig knuckle or something on occasion, but that’s where I draw the line.😜

I usually have a Clif Bar in the bag and would rather just keep playing.

🤷‍♂️🤪.... Ha, I read that three times, didn't realize my type-o. ... I'm an idiot 🤪🤷‍♂️

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

4 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

🤷‍♂️🤪.... Ha, I read that three times, didn't realize my type-o. ... I'm an idiot 🤪🤷‍♂️

FWIW, my Italian mother eats chicken feet soup!

I will occasionally get food at the turn if I’m in a cart with a buddy and the course is slow.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Would You Rather #46:

Would you rather get food at the turn (hot dog, burger, something where you stop and purchase, not counting just pulling a snack from your bag). 

I'd rather grab something after the round is over.   If I grab something mid-round, it's usually just a drink.

@ChetlovesMer, FTFU

Edited by dennyjones
  • Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

27 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You're fine... it was CPS.

Holy shit. I just realized my initials are the same initials as Ch!cago Publ!c Sch00ls! 

How did I get to be in my 50's without knowing that? 🤪

6 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Holy shit. I just realized my initials are the same initials as Ch!cago Publ!c Sch00ls! 

How did I get to be in my 50's without knowing that? 🤪

Glad I could help you to that epiphany.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #46:

Always, always it’s playing on.  Only recall stopping once, my son wanted a burger so we stopped at the turn.  Like most here, I carry some snacks and usually have one about midway the second nine. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

12 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #46:

Would you rather get food at the turn (hot dog, burger, something where you stop and purchase, not counting just pulling a snack from your bag). 

As a rule, I play on. But, if it's slow and I'm going to be waiting anyway. I love bar food. So give me a big old bacon cheeseburger and I'll much on it while waiting for the guys ahead of me to finish plumb-bobbing the green and checking their putts from above and below the hole. Here's a tip for you. When eating a bacon cheese burger in the cart, take your glove off and eat with your glove hand. That way you can put your glove back on and not get your grips greasy. 👍

I once played a golf outing for a customer of mine's parent company. (Yeah, I know.) It was awesome. They had a build your own burger bar at the turn for everyone. I made an enormous Bacon Cheese Burger and got a pile of onion rings. I enjoyed every bite. Of course, this was a corporate outing so it was a 5 plus hour round of golf. 

On 3/2/2022 at 7:55 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #46:

Definitely a "play on" guy--mostly for pacing reasons.  If we're on a good pace with no one behind, a stop to pickup drinks is fine, but never been a food-at-the-turn guy at all.  If the course is busy, I like to ask what drinks my partners want as we approach the 9th green, then finish out early and head up to grab the drinks so there's no delay.

I have one playing buddy who is a slow player (too serious, always over-analyzing what's going wrong and why it just isn't translating from all his practice).  Even if we're playing as 2, we're not putting distance on many groups.  It stresses this ol' boy out (I'm a quick player, and a little neurotic ;-)).  There's probably a noticeable cringe in my voice when we're between 9 and 10 as I ask "you need anything?".  Thankfully, he's on a long streak of "nah, let's keep playing" that brings a smile and exhale from me.

But, hey, after the round, I'm all for drinks and laughs at the grill 'til the sun goes down.

Edited by BamaWade

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

1 hour ago, BamaWade said:

Would You Rather #46:

When I was a young and irresponsible guy, in my early 20's, I'd show up for the early Sunday tee time with the guys and not have breakfast.  It's called waking up 30 minutes before tee time.  But none of us had breakfast so we were ravenous at the turn and went inside for good, unhealthy food.  Also for the air-conditioned "cool off".

Now, a few years later, full of wisdom, I have a high protein breakfast and carry a selection of energy bars.  No stopping at the turn anymore for that polish dog.  And no need for air-conditioning... Toto, I'm not in St. Louis anymore.

Or would you rather just play on at the turn and get food after the round? <---- This one

On 3/2/2022 at 2:29 PM, dennyjones said:

Would You Rather #46:

For me it depends on the course.  A packed course where play is slow, I don't mind stopping.  But generally I am OK to play 18 straight with just fluid refreshment.  If I do stop, am not fussy about the type of food I eat.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• 3 weeks later...

Would You Rather #47:

Would you rather have to make a 7 foot putt for million dollars?

Or

Would you rather have to hit the fairway with your driver for a million dollars? 

Just for fun lets say the 7 foot putt is pretty straight its not a crazy side hiller. And lets say to hit the fairway there is some amount of forced carry so you can't just bunt it past the forward tees. 

Would You Rather #47:

Or

Would you rather have to hit the fairway with your driver for a million dollars? 

Just for fun lets say the 7 foot putt is pretty straight its not a crazy side hiller. And lets say to hit the fairway there is some amount of forced carry so you can't just bunt it past the forward tees. 

Putt hands down.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Would You Rather #47:

Or

Drive for me.. odds better than 50%... unlike the putt. 

Vishal S.

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would You Rather #47:

Or

Forced carries tend to be my nemesis, so I would say putting would be the better option.  However, I have days where putts in this range are near misses left and right of the cup, talking less than an inch off line either way.  For the conversation I would say that the forced carry drives would be the "better" option for me, given that the carry is a distance I can normally traverse with the driver.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star