IGNORED

Kostis, McCord, and Macatee Out at CBS, Nobilo, Love III, Wie, Immelman In

iacas
Note: This thread is 1522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

She didn't play golf for Stanford. She wasn't admitted because she was their future starting QB or could help their women's golf program; she had already turned pro years before.

And, she's smart. Talk with her some time instead of just hating.

Not sure how I’m hating? I’m just saying your attributing her intelligence based on graduating from Stanford is pure speculation at best. I never said anything derogatory about her in this conversation. Zero. If you know her personally and believe she is smart then say that. Much more valuable than ‘ she graduated from Stanford.’ 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I’m just saying your attributing her intelligence based on graduating from Stanford is pure speculation at best.

It's not "pure speculation at best."

That's ridiculous.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's not "pure speculation at best."

That's ridiculous.

Lol. Ok Erik. You’re right. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Lol. Ok Erik. You’re right. 

I am on this. People who are accepted to Stanford and graduate from Stanford outside of an athletic scholarship aren't dumb. You can prove this with test scores, IQ tests, whatever… Her being accepted and graduating from one of (or maybe the toughest) college to be accepted to is very good evidence that she's "smart."

Stanford accepts ~4-5% of applicants.  Lowest in the nation. 

If I show you a +3 handicapper, it would not be "pure speculation" to say "I bet he's got a pretty good short game."

Her going to Stanford and graduating from there is not definitive proof, but it's miles away from "pure speculation." Odds are, she's pretty smart based on that alone.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

McCord is great!  I, for one, will miss him.  I never found him boring.  I find him interesting, funny and articulate.  None of his replacements are his equal.  Frank Nobilo?  He'll put you right to sleep.  If that's what CBS wants...!!  Of course, the ratings won't go down.  I won't stop watching, just like I didn't stop when Johnny left.  I feel badly for Kostis, but his absence won't mean a thing to me.  

People are still missing the bigger picture here. The announcers are not the main problem at CBS- everything else is...the absurd number of commercials (roughly one commercial per golf shot shown) the countless corporate plugs during coverage, the endless clips of dogs running on the beach. Actually showing golf shots seems like an inconvenient means to an end for CBS.

On 10/31/2019 at 6:04 PM, Vinsk said:

Just seems to me anybody who actually likes McCord probably still wears a Members Only jacket.

Glad I donated mine to Salvation Army recently

• Like 1

• Administrator

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

Also, apparently, Lance Barrow is retiring from CBS. He's the producer for CBS golf. If you're hoping for a different direction from CBS golf, this is a possible opportunity.

gettyimages-691948860.jpg?w=640

The Man Out Front hears that CBS isn’t done shaking up its golf broadcast team. Longtime coordinating producer Lance Barrow is expected to announce that the 2020 season will be his final year calli…

Then again, I refer you to the lyrics of the song above...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm gonna guess, well, Tiger's back and healthy, looks like he's got at least a couple more years best case, might have been mentioned at negotiations?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 10:56 AM, DeadMan said:

Also, apparently, Lance Barrow is retiring from CBS. He's the producer for CBS golf. If you're hoping for a different direction from CBS golf, this is a possible opportunity.

gettyimages-691948860.jpg?w=640

I don't know why they'd be fooling anybody. It's a pressure cooker job, and he's been doing it for over 20 years. I read it described in a David Feherty essay, and it's hard! And yeah, I'm not a big fan of all the commercials, but if they're going to pay the Tour all that money they have to make it somehow! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 10:58 AM, skydog said:

People are still missing the bigger picture here. The announcers are not the main problem at CBS- everything else is...the absurd number of commercials (roughly one commercial per golf shot shown) the countless corporate plugs during coverage, the endless clips of dogs running on the beach. Actually showing golf shots seems like an inconvenient means to an end for CBS.

I record golf on my DVR thereby avoiding the many commercials & the corporate plugs which seem all too prevalent.

On 1/25/2020 at 7:51 PM, Terry Dean said:

If CBS's golf coverage has gone stale as claimed by Sean McManus CBS sports head it's more due to Jim Nantz & Nick Faldo not Peter Kostis & Gary McCord.  Not a big fan of Davis Love III.

Oh man! Davis Love is a dry as dust! I think he was following the leaders, and they didn't seem to go to him very often. Of course, that could be because the last group out was falling off the pace.

On 1/25/2020 at 7:56 PM, Terry Dean said:

I record golf on my DVR thereby avoiding the many commercials & the corporate plugs which seem all too prevalent.

Do you mean the interviews with the COB or just the commercials? These outfits pay big bucks to sponsor tournaments, so I supposed they should get their due. 

Note: This thread is 1522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!