IGNORED

Buy Flightscope Mevo and Mevo+ Here

iacas
Note: This thread is 901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I've previously arranged for the purchase of about 40 original Mevo units, and late in 2019 I signed up as an affiliate so that I can get anyone here what amounts to guaranteed-low rates on the Mevo or the new Mevo+.

The general website for the Mevo is here: https://www.flightscopemevo.com.

To Buy a Mevo or Mevo +

For a Mevo: Click https://mevo.golf/2Ol3sFT and use the coupon code "iacas" to save 10%.

For Mevo+: Click https://bit.ly/3vRSgot and… there's no need for a coupon code, but you're welcome to use others that exist.

Those are both affiliate links (and the "iacas" coupon code will save you 10% on Mevo), so if you buy through these links, please let me know and I'll extend or grant you a Supporter Membership here for an appropriate amount of time, which means you can browse and use the site virtually ad-free.

That's all.

Here are the links again: https://mevo.golf/2Ol3sFT for Mevo and https://bit.ly/3vRSgot for Mevo+.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

mevo-table.png

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Did I hear him right? You can use it for putting?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Did I hear him right? You can use it for putting?

Yes, mostly for sim games. I don't think it gives a ton of data (unlike the X3/TM4) for putting.

What a time we live in. There are golf simulator YouTube Channels!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Thanks Erik, I've been wanting one of these for X-Mas for years. 😁

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Here's the same channel as above showing the putting features.

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 6.54.50 PM.png

Steve

• Administrator

I don’t understand using it for putting. I’ve yet to find a LM that does that well for under $5k.

Sim putting sucks. And in these cases I’m never sure if it’s the LM or the software.

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don’t understand using it for putting. I’ve yet to find a LM that does that well for under $5k.

Sim putting sucks. And in these cases I’m never sure if it’s the LM or the software.

You’d think something that can track objects in excess of 100mph would be able to track a putt.

Maybe the putter head interferes with the radar?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 hour ago, billchao said:

Maybe the putter head interferes with the radar?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The putter doesn't really "get out of the way" very quickly.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The putter doesn't really "get out of the way" very quickly.

Yea and it’s a a giant piece of metal, relative to the ball. Henri Johnson was pretty clear about how the Mevo reads the metal dot on the ball through the the golf ball in the first video, so I would guess the radar picks up the putter head much better than the ball behind it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

So the same channel made videos for chipping, a course (the Hawaii one), and experimented with the metallic dots. Busy guy.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Mevo+ unboxing

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

19 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Mevo+ unboxing

Incredibly jealous! How long did you wait from the time you ordered?

Placed my order last week and I’m super excited. They’re saying 3 weeks but I’m guessing it will take a bit longer given the unexpected high demand.

I only talk about Jim Venetos and Mevos. Basically if your topic doesn't end in "os" I don't care.

32 minutes ago, Robos said:

Incredibly jealous! How long did you wait from the time you ordered?

Placed my order last week and I’m super excited. They’re saying 3 weeks but I’m guessing it will take a bit longer given the unexpected high demand.

That wasn’t me, unfortunately. 

Steve

Anyone have one of these yet? I would like to get one but I will have to wait till next winter, I mostly want to use it for indoor practice and playing some courses over the winter. Curious how it compares to the mevo in terms of accuracy.

• Administrator

Yes.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!