Jump to content
IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic


iacas

Recommended Posts

Significantly higher infections and possible booster shots predicted for this fall and winter to prevent the spread of the virus and its variants. The desired vaccinated percentage is 80 to 85%, and suspected actual percentage will probably be between 55-60%.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210520/what-experts-predict-from-covid-this-fall-and-winter

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Significantly higher infections and possible booster shots predicted for this fall and winter to prevent the spread of the virus and its variants. The desired vaccinated percentage is 80 to 85%, and suspected actual percentage will probably be between 55-60%.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210520/what-experts-predict-from-covid-this-fall-and-winter

 

The unvaccinated must love it that their state government is spending their tax dollars via lotteries, promotions and TV commercials to try to get them vaccinated.  I'm sure the vaccinated love it even more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just found out that my neighbor had covid last month and was very sick and almost didn't make it. He was running a 104* temp and was having real difficulties breathing as well. Naturally he wasn't vaccinated like his wife who didn't get infected (surprise). The hospital wound up giving him the same cocktail of drugs that they gave Trump and that is what pulled him through this. He now of course wants to get vaccinated asap but he now has to wait 3 months since he had that treatment. This is just another typical example of people choosing risky decisions with regards to their health and others around them, and why everyone needs to get the vaccination right now so we can put this terrible virus behind us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


ac67bea0-e014-11eb-b86d-545e182d24ac

Virtually all deaths from COVID-19 in the U.S. are now among people who have not received a coronavirus vaccine. And those deaths are highly concentrated in counties — many of them in the Midwest and Southeast —...

Here is all you need to know about why vaccinations are needed!  Get Vaccinated & Live not a hard concept to grasp.  Also, get vaccinated & get back to normal quicker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

People are not going to like wearing masks again.  Even though all the unvaccinated are wearing them now...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

People are not going to like wearing masks again.  Even though all the unvaccinated are wearing them now...

They’re the problem. Get the damn vaccine you morons!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

They’re the problem. Get the damn vaccine you morons!

I'm not sure what the percentage of Americans are vaccinated right now it's got to be around 60% or so, which equates to Millions upon millions of people. With the history the vaccine has so far, with all its positives, and no considerable ill effects, it amazes me people will remain stubborn and not get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A man walks into a grocery store.  95% of the customers are unmasked.  I guess that means the unvaccinated are staying home and not buying groceries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We never see anyone wear a mask around my area.   I believe the county has about 65% vaccinated.   Sad really.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, dennyjones said:

We never see anyone wear a mask around my area.   I believe the county has about 65% vaccinated.   Sad really.

 

In L.A., as of yesterday, the sheriff says he won't enforce the new mask mandate for everyone to wear when inside public spaces.  He claims it penalizes those who ARE vaccinated.  He's not thinking.  More than likely, in general, if everyone is supposed to wear a mask, then those without a mask are probably unvaccinated... exercising their rights... their right to infect others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In L.A., as of yesterday, the sheriff says he won't enforce the new mask mandate for everyone to wear when inside public spaces.  He claims it penalizes those who ARE vaccinated.  He's not thinking.  More than likely, in general, if everyone is supposed to wear a mask, then those without a mask are probably unvaccinated... exercising their rights... their right to infect others.

Fire the sheriff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

A man walks into a grocery store.  95% of the customers are unmasked.  I guess that means the unvaccinated are staying home and not buying groceries.

Or it could mean that he lives in an area that doesn’t require masks for anyone…

;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 hours ago, Billy Z said:

I'm not sure what the percentage of Americans are vaccinated right now it's got to be around 60% or so, which equates to Millions upon millions of people. With the history the vaccine has so far, with all its positives, and no considerable ill effects, it amazes me people will remain stubborn and not get it.

I suffer from severe headaches.  I was on an Emgality shot, and was doing great; then I took the 2nd COVID shot.  Headaches immediately, and it has been 7 weeks.  Michigan Head Pain and Neurological Institute said it is likely the 2nd shot has caused this.  They have several patients that the same has happened to.  They are going to try a different shot and a different abortive medicine, but no guarantees.  So yes, maybe the ill effect as we know now are minimal, there are some people who do suffer from affects.  And we still don't know about the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


(edited)
1 hour ago, mattm16 said:

I suffer from severe headaches.  I was on an Emgality shot, and was doing great; then I took the 2nd COVID shot.  Headaches immediately, and it has been 7 weeks.  Michigan Head Pain and Neurological Institute said it is likely the 2nd shot has caused this.  They have several patients that the same has happened to.  They are going to try a different shot and a different abortive medicine, but no guarantees.  So yes, maybe the ill effect as we know now are minimal, there are some people who do suffer from affects.  And we still don't know about the future. 

Sorry that it has some side effects for you.  A friend has many health issues and her physician told her not to get the shot, so she wears a mask at all times.
My suggestion for people is to discuss with a physician, who knows your medical history, and let them guide a person on whether or not to get the vaccine.  My Dr. said to get it and I did.

Edited by StuM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, StuM said:

Sorry that it has some side effects for you.  A friend has many health issues and her physician told her not to get the shot, so she wears a mask at all times.
My suggestion for people is to discuss with a physician, who knows your medical history, and let them guide a person on whether or not to get the vaccine.  My Dr. said to get it and I did.

I never asked the doctor, just went ahead with them. I would think that is the same for most. Can a doctor know how people will deal with the shot? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Billy Z said:

I never asked the doctor, just went ahead with them. I would think that is the same for most. Can a doctor know how people will deal with the shot? 

If someone has an issue with their immune system perhaps?  

I also didn't consult any doctor;  as soon as I was eligible, I went and got the vaccine (fun story:  both times I had to drive to the nearby city of Corona due to availability).  But if I had some medical conditions, especially any related to my immune system, I'd probably at least have asked my primary care physician first.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...