IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

I found out two days ago my brother has Covid. Unfortunately he’s not vaccinated and isn’t the healthiest guy out there. Massive MI six years ago and a stroke three years ago. Damn shame. Ex wife brainwashed him into Scientology years ago which he’s been away from for years but the idiocy remained. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I found out two days ago my brother has Covid. Unfortunately he’s not vaccinated and isn’t the healthiest guy out there. Massive MI six years ago and a stroke three years ago. Damn shame. Ex wife brainwashed him into Scientology years ago which he’s been away from for years but the idiocy remained. 

Did your brother utilize any of the available medical science when he was in the hospital 6 and 3 years ago? Rhetorical question.  I don't know your brother but I already know the answer.  Sorry about your sibling. I have a sibling that is unvaccinated, too. But she's in Missouri where nobody is vaccinated.

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I hope he makes it through this.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I hope he makes it through this.

Thanks Scott. Me too. I’m a little worried about him. Talked to him today and he sounded pretty rough.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
2021-10-20T180214Z_1418082903_RC2RDQ9LH9

The South African doctor who identified omicron describes the symptoms as "mild" in her patients.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, iacas said:
2021-10-20T180214Z_1418082903_RC2RDQ9LH9

The South African doctor who identified omicron describes the symptoms as "mild" in her patients.

I wish she would have mentioned if all those patients that showed up at her clinic were vaccinated or unvaccinated, or a combination of both.  Otherwise, reassuring.

social

Evidence that Covid-19 infections provide as much protection as vaccines is prompting some experts...

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

13 minutes ago, The Flush said:

17 of the 18 people that were at my house for Thanksgiving have had their booster shot. The last one is trying to get it scheduled soon.

Unless you picked up a disease from the turkey you are probably fine.  That's a heck of a good percentage!

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Wanzo said:
social

Evidence that Covid-19 infections provide as much protection as vaccines is prompting some experts...

The problem is that you don't know the severity of the infection or if you even had it at all, and you don't know the immune response either. Even if you previously had COVID-19, you can get the vaccine and it'll effectively be a booster, but also a bit more wide-ranging… and so no, I don't agree with your clear angle here (through all of your posts).

Vaccinated individuals have a more well understood response than someone who may have had a case of COVID-19.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have 2-3 friends who claim they're pretty sure they had Covid-19 and therefore they don't need no stinkin' vaccination.  Hell man, do want to stake your life on a "pretty sure"???

It's a 300 yard water hazard... I'm pretty sure I can carry it.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The problem is that you don't know the severity of the infection or if you even had it at all, and you don't know the immune response either.

We can measure immune response, but the measurement is currently only useful on a population-level, not an individual level (this is true of both vaccine and infection responses). This may change in near future.

Both vaccine and infection do show high levels of protection against future infection.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Vaccinated individuals have a more well understood response than someone who may have had a case of COVID-19.

Yes. They also have a more consistent and stronger initial antibody response.

Source: CDC

COVID-19-SM-1200px.jpg

CDC provides credible COVID-19 health information to the U.S.

• Administrator
Just now, chspeed said:

We can measure immune response

I'm saying that the immune response is much more of an unknown among "I think I had COVID once…" than among actually vaccinated people. You can catch a very mild case and develop a very mild response, while the vaccine is a known dosage, thus, it's much easier to predict and/or measure the immune response.

And like @Double Mocha Man man said…

I don't understand the reluctance to get vaccinated. I feel like those resisting vaccinations are simply outing themselves as morons.

There are very, very few people who "shouldn't" be vaccinated for actual medical reasons.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It's a 300 yard water hazard... I'm pretty sure I can

…swim across it. I don’t see any gators at the moment.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, iacas said:

There are very, very few people who "shouldn't" be vaccinated for actual medical reasons.

Whether you're vaccinated or not is somewhat becoming a good barometer of your level of selfishness.  Unless you are a hermit and stay at home 24/7.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm saying that the immune response is much more of an unknown among "I think I had COVID once…" than among actually vaccinated people. You can catch a very mild case and develop a very mild response, while the vaccine is a known dosage, thus, it's much easier to predict and/or measure the immune response.

And like @Double Mocha Man man said…

I don't understand the reluctance to get vaccinated. I feel like those resisting vaccinations are simply outing themselves as morons.

Couldn't agree more.

The Mayo clinic has a  "moron" tracker. You can see rates of vaccination by state and age groups. One positive thing I see is that over age 65, most people in this country are smart enough to get vaccinated.

united-states.jpg?v=8

Check our U.S. COVID-19 vaccine tracker to see how many people are vaccinated in your state, plus vaccine trends and expert advice.

Edited by chspeed

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't agree with your clear angle here (through all of your posts)

My angle is that covid is nuanced, as the article elaborates on, with differing opinions among medical professionals.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

My angle is that covid is nuanced, as the article elaborates on, with differing opinions among medical professionals.

I'm not pretending it's not.