IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

skywaterbanjo

I finished up my round today and when I went to edit it, the GPS did not display.   I left a message and within minutes the situation was resolved.   I'm very happy with the new response time.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I got a surprise in the mail yesterday.... My replacement tag finally came after requesting it in September of last year.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
11 hours ago, KoHo said:

Well I got a surprise in the mail yesterday.... My replacement tag finally came after requesting it in September of last year.

They fixed a course mapping issue I had overnight one night. I messaged them at about 11pm and when I woke up, it was fixed.

I think they've got some new stuff going on.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 8/19/2020 at 4:49 PM, Albie999 said:

There are other, free, apps that will do that much better than game golf, I now just use the puck and review after the round

I use hole 19 when on the course for distances etc

I've had issues getting the app to keep working with the Live device for easily over a year now so now I just tag my shots and upload the round afterwards (I know you can do this from the app even after it stops responding to the device but forgot how) and use Hole 19 to keep my score while I'm playing and for distances, layouts, etc.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I believe I've stumped them with my latest issue.   When I recently received new irons, I updated them in Game Golf.   I kept the older irons in Game Golf but made them inactive.   The newer irons are now the active irons.  I have no data for these irons for at least the last 10 rounds.  

• 2 weeks later...

I played a round last weekend. The shots tagged fine and uploaded fine. But when I went into the round to view and edit shots, the shots showed up but the "backgrouind" did not show the course for that round or any other round.

I sent them a message and GameGolf replied a couple of hours later, asked for my username and the name of the course in question. Less than one hour later, it was all fixed.

Looks like they are back in business! Many thanks and kudos to them!

• Like 1

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

On 8/26/2020 at 6:31 PM, dennyjones said:

I believe I've stumped them with my latest issue.   When I recently received new irons, I updated them in Game Golf.   I kept the older irons in Game Golf but made them inactive.   The newer irons are now the active irons.  I have no data for these irons for at least the last 10 rounds.  

This was not an Game Golf issue but a lack of understanding on my part.  Not only do the clubs have to be in the bag but they have to be selected once in the bag, that I didn't understand.   Their quick email allowed me to fix the issue and I'm a very happy camper.  

Sounds like the "support" from Game Golf is getting better .. however, why is the app still so shockingly bad, not picking up shots, losing GPS signal etc .. however, just using the Live device on its own and tagging, seems to be faultless

3 hours ago, Albie999 said:

Sounds like the "support" from Game Golf is getting better .. however, why is the app still so shockingly bad, not picking up shots, losing GPS signal etc .. however, just using the Live device on its own and tagging, seems to be faultless

Well, if they were hurting financially then I'm guessing they decided to utilize their resources on support right now.  Upgrading their app could be a big cost depending on how much of they're looking to change.

Christian

On 4/1/2020 at 3:26 PM, skywaterbanjo said:

I've not been able to login to Game Golf for the past couple of days.

Does anyone know if the site is still active and if the company is still around?

Relying on an app can be so hit and miss. One day its working great, then the next its gone. Hard to beat a sharp pencil and a scorecard, from a reliability perspective anyway.

Edited by bigdean
typo

2 hours ago, bigdean said:

Relying on an app can be so hit and miss. One day its working great, then the next its gone. Hard to beat a sharp pencil and a scorecard, from a reliability perspective anyway.

True, but apps can store a lot of data quickly and easily over a longer period of time, e.g., GIR % over the year, FIR % over the year, misses from different yardages over the year, etc.  

4 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

True, but apps can store a lot of data quickly and easily over a longer period of time, e.g., GIR % over the year, FIR % over the year, misses from different yardages over the year, etc.  

Plus, you can lose a scorecard.

Christian

2 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Plus, you can lose a scorecard.

I've found two cell phones on the golf course, so they can be lost also!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dennyjones said:

I've found two cell phones on the golf course, so they can be lost also!

Right, but I'm just saying keeping a scorecard isn't necessarily better than using an app

Christian

7 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Right, but I'm just saying keeping a scorecard isn't necessarily better than using an app

Do you record nGIR?  Normally I'd agree with you but I've played golf courses where there is no phone service.

28 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Do you record nGIR?  Normally I'd agree with you but I've played golf courses where there is no phone service.

No, don't record that.

I've never played a course where there's no phone service and I'm guessing if it's something I'd regularly encounter, I'd have the app download the course before playing either at home or at the clubhouse which would presumably have wifi which will allow me to record my scores and other stats while playing.

Christian

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone still using GameGolf?  I have the old classic but haven't used it since like 2017.  I've explored the newer options, but I like the familiarity of GG and how you tag your own shots.  I don't like the auto detect that others use.  Anyway, I need some new tags, but before I buy some more, I wanted to see if you guys still use the GG product and the website.  Do you have any issues with using the website--uploading rounds, editing where necessary, using the data, etc?  Thanks

18 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Is anyone still using GameGolf?  I have the old classic but haven't used it since like 2017.  I've explored the newer options, but I like the familiarity of GG and how you tag your own shots.  I don't like the auto detect that others use.  Anyway, I need some new tags, but before I buy some more, I wanted to see if you guys still use the GG product and the website.  Do you have any issues with using the website--uploading rounds, editing where necessary, using the data, etc?  Thanks

Used it just yesterday with no issues.

They've improved dramatically from earlier in the year and support now gets back to you usually within a day. 

• Like 1

Christian