IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

skywaterbanjo

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

We posted about this weeks ago. It’s supposed to still work with your phone.

As in pairing with your phone and uploading, even after the round.

Yep, just adding another data point there. I was hoping that having a really old version of everything would help, but no.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, iacas said:

We posted about this weeks ago. It’s supposed to still work with your phone.

As in pairing with your phone and uploading, even after the round.

So, you can still tag using the device but have to have your phone connected via Bluetooth while playing and upload it from the phone?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

• Administrator
3 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

So, you can still tag using the device but have to have your phone connected via Bluetooth while playing and upload it from the phone?

That works, but also you’re supposed to be able to connect and upload afterward, from home.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

On 5/1/2021 at 11:12 PM, iacas said:

They haven’t made anything from you in like six years. They were done with you first. πŸ™‚

So True, I think their mistake was the device should have been less expensive to begin with but then require an annual subscription.Β  That would have kept cash flow positive for a longer period of time.Β Β 

Stuart M.
Β 

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* /Β 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBOREΒ XLS / 4,5 & 6Β Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI /Β Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD /Β Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 /Β Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* /Β Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7SΒ /Β Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: LabattΒ Blue (or anything nice & cold)Β 

Okay, I feel stupid asking this, but I'm just going to.Β  How do I know if my GGLive is in pairing mode?Β  The obvious Google terms aren't producing anything for me.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Shindig said:

Okay, I feel stupid asking this, but I'm just going to.Β  How do I know if my GGLive is in pairing mode?Β  The obvious Google terms aren't producing anything for me.

What do you mean "pairing mode"?

You can basically always connect to the GG unit from your phone. You can do it in the Bluetooth settings on an iPhone, and once it knows to connect, you can see that connection in the app.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Let's be clear here, as there are three ways to submit a round for the non-PRO devices (Classic and Live):

• The Windows/macOS "GAME GOLF Transfer" app - You plug your device in via USB and upload the round. This worked on Classic and Live. No longer supported.
  • You tag your shots with the belt unit on the course, but don't connect it to your phone prior to the start of the round. Later, you connect your device (even from home, days later) to your iPhone/Android and upload the round(s). This is supposedly still supported, but hasn't been working for weeks.Β It stalls at "Processing" but doesn't seem to delete the rounds from your device. This only works for Live.
  • You connect your iPhone/Android to your belt unit before you begin the round, and the round is basically "processed" as you play. When you're done with your round, the round is uploaded or "marked as finished" on the phone, and I don't think it ever really exists on your hip unit which is just used for the GPS (so you don't have to take your phone with you when putting, or on the tee boxes, etc.). I believe this still works, though I'm not sure of the specifics here or what's different about actually doing it "live" versus doing it afterΒ the fact like the second method here.

GAME Golf has repeatedly said to me that engineering is "looking at" the second problem, but quite honestly, they are running out of time really fast on that before I just pull the tags entirely and chuck everything in the trash.

• Informative 1

16 hours ago, StuM said:

So True, I think their mistake was the device should have been less expensive to begin with but then require an annual subscription.Β  That would have kept cash flow positive for a longer period of time.Β Β 

Agreed, or could have made yearly subscription spread out over 12 months if people didn't want to pay the one time cost annually.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Agreed, or could have made yearly subscription spread out over 12 months if people didn't want to pay the one time cost annually.

I told them this like seven years ago, yeah.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

You connect your iPhone/Android to your belt unit before you begin the round, and the round is basically "processed" as you play. When you're done with your round, the round is uploaded or "marked as finished" on the phone, and I don't think it ever really exists on your hip unit which is just used for the GPS (so you don't have to take your phone with you when putting, or on the tee boxes, etc.). I believe this still works, though I'm not sure of the specifics here or what's different about actually doing it "live" versus doing it afterΒ the fact like the second method here.

This is how I’ve always done it and it stopped working last round. They asked me to upload my logs, but they haven’t got back to me. It basically says β€œRetrieving Rounds” for review, but nothing comes up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

This is how I’ve always done it and it stopped working last round. They asked me to upload my logs, but they haven’t got back to me. It basically says β€œRetrieving Rounds” for review, but nothing comes up.

I don't think that'sΒ true. You were logged out. That's a different thing.

@HardspoonΒ just did it this way.

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't think that'sΒ true. You were logged out. That's a different thing.

@HardspoonΒ just did it this way.

My app was logged in the last round. The login issue was before that. I even ended the round as usual on the app.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, iacas said:

What do you mean "pairing mode"?

You can basically always connect to the GG unit from your phone. You can do it in the Bluetooth settings on an iPhone, and once it knows to connect, you can see that connection in the app.

I think the GG screen said something about pairing mode.Β  I'll go through Bluetooth settings, thanks!

Grr... connecting via Bluetooth settings, it seems to flash between connected and not 😞 well, at least I know that uploading via this wouldn't be a sure thing even if I did... πŸ˜•Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Since I bought a GG Live unit (maybe two years ago?), I've been uploading the same way.Β  I connect to my phone before the round (since I like using the GG app anyway), and then when the round is done I click "Upload Round" on my phone and that's it.

It's been working without any issues.

- John

Received this email yesterday as I was a Game Golf Pro user:

Dear James!

We trust this finds you well during this unprecedented time and its impact on the global economy. Β As a valued customer, we are excited to inform you that Game Golf has been acquired by Inpixon (Nasdaq: INPX), a world leader in indoor intelligence.Β 

When we launched the initial offering of Game Golf Pro to the marketplace, we were excited about the evolution of the Game Golf product line and how golfers will benefit from the new technology. However, we experienced some major business challenges that led to many frustrations within our community. Coupled with the impact of the global pandemic, we have not delivered the service levels expected for our brand. However, we have continued to refine the product to deliver an improved customer experience.

We are excited for Game Golf’s next chapter as part of the Inpixon family of companies. This partnership enables Game Golf to leverage technology and resources that will enable us to re-launch our brand and strategy in the ever-changing golf marketplace.

Recent feedback from Game Golf Pro users has been very positive and we are ready to relaunch Pro back into the marketplace. Β To thank you for your support and patience through these challenging times, we are offering you a new Game Golf Pro unit, including a 6 months free smart caddie subscription. I know this has been a difficult and frustrating time for you but rest assured, we value our supporters and hope this gesture will help begin to rebuild your trust in Game Golf.

To claim your FREE Game Golf Pro and Smart Caddie subscription:

I stopped using the original and switched to Arccos because no shots were being recorded with the Pro unit.

I ordered it and we'll see how it goes. I really likeΒ Arccos especially afterΒ I got the Link. So the Pro will have to be exceptional for me to switch back.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway:Β GBBΒ Epic SpeedΒ 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3WΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:Β  Epic FlashΒ 21Β deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway:Β Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping:Β G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges:Β :ping:Β Glide 58 deg
Putter:Β :bettinardi:Β ArmlockΒ Β :aimpoint:Β Express
Β :titleist:Β golf bag, Blue Tees RF

17 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Since I bought a GG Live unit (maybe two years ago?), I've been uploading the same way.Β  I connect to my phone before the round (since I like using the GG app anyway), and then when the round is done I click "Upload Round" on my phone and that's it.

It's been working without any issues.

I do the same, but select β€œEnd Round” on the Live app.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Hmmm, I have a Pro unit too.

I have been following this thread (and forum) for a very long time as a user of Game Golf Live. Obviously things aren't working for me either from an uploading standpoint since I'm on an android device. I do see they have made an announcement. I decided to reach out to them and see what would happen. Surprisingly I got a super fast response and was chatting with someone 1-on-1.Β 

In the end here is what they told and offered me:

- COVID hit them hard

- More marketing updates will be coming
- Update to android app should be coming within days (I tookΒ that with a MAJOR grain of salt). Was told this should be affecting only Live users and not Pro users.

- Said Live users are still their biggest user base.

- gave me a promo code for Smart Caddie (even though I don't use it). They clearly want people on smart caddie has its regenerating revenue and he certainly tried to "sell" it to me.Β 

- I pushed a little and they gave me a promo code for 20% off the Pro version.Β  Pro version has replaceable batteries so in theory, if the device always works, it should last for many years to come. They'd like to see Live users transition to Pro has that is where all the money will be going.

Questions I still have:
- Anyone with the Pro version have this working with their Android device? Meaning, are you able to play golf and upload your stats like normal?

- Do I even bother buying Pro if they have been reassuring all of us that an update to the App is coming that will make Live work again? Maybe I do and if the App version does get back to working, I could sell my Live version for a little bit money and justify the Pro purchase.Β 

Hope this helps some of you that have been following this thread!Β 

• Thumbs Up 1