skywaterbanjo

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?

185 posts / 12050 viewsLast Reply

8 minutes ago, klineka said:

I have a brand new unopened GameGolf Live Belt Unit in my garage that I'm sure is worth a fortune now! :-D

Ur rollin in it.

wheels GIF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just successfully logged in with the Android app. Website is working now also. Round uploaded with no problems using Android App.

Edited by KoHo

41 minutes ago, KoHo said:

I just successfully logged in with the Android app. Website is working now also. Round uploaded with no problems using Android App.

Yep. We're back in business. For now at least...

I'd pay a small annual fee.  Obviously they have to have space and some computing to do their thing!

I'd pay a small fee too, but only if that came with a commitment from them to continually evolve the stats portal and add new features/customization options around the stats.

As of 1:15pm on May 15, 2020 The webstie is back up and I can upload my rounds!

51 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

I'd pay a small annual fee.  Obviously they have to have space and some computing to do their thing!

48 minutes ago, klineka said:

I'd pay a small fee too, but only if that came with a commitment from them to continually evolve the stats portal and add new features/customization options around the stats.

That's at least 3 of us.

As of today @ 1:15pm on May 15, 2020 I was able to log on and upload rounds!

I just logged in!  When I get a chance, I will see if I can get the rounds I have played "blind" will upload, and how well I tagged without being able to see what I was doing!

6 hours ago, klineka said:

I have a brand new unopened GameGolf Live Belt Unit in my garage that I'm sure is worth a fortune now! :-D

It’s all my fault. I got GG last year. I have the habit of putting electronics companies out of business. My wife and I put, in no particular order, Leiser Sound, Lechmere, Circuit City, Radio Shack all out of business with our patronage. So if you have a company you are targeting for liquidation, send me a note and I will start buying their products. 

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It’s all my fault. I got GG last year. I have the habit of putting electronics companies out of business. My wife and I put, in no particular order, Leiser Sound, Lechmere, Circuit City, Radio Shack all out of business with our patronage. So if you have a company you are targeting for liquidation, send me a note and I will start buying their products. 

That sounds a bit like insider trading and I don’t have Phil Mickelson’s connections.

I used the iOS GG app to get distances. Now I have to find another app. I'm sure there will be too many to choose from.

8 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I used the iOS GG app to get distances. Now I have to find another app. I'm sure there will be too many to choose from.

18Birdies is a popular one that some of my friends use.

49 minutes ago, klineka said:

18Birdies is a popular one that some of my friends use.

Huh, App Store shows that I've downloaded it before! Thanks.

I had to plug my GG into my daughter's computer (running macOS 10.13 IIRC) so I could reset it to clear out rounds that KEPT uploading.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

I had to plug my GG into my daughter's computer (running macOS 10.13 IIRC) so I could reset it to clear out rounds that KEPT uploading.

I have to do that with mine sometimes. It will occasionally start downloading a ghost round or 2 and then report an error. I've done several factory resets on it.

5 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I have to do that with mine sometimes. It will occasionally start downloading a ghost round or 2 and then report an error. I've done several factory resets on it.

Is there a way to do it with the reset button hole? I tried a few sequences and nothing seemed to work.

Had to finally do it with the app on the computer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Official F1 video doesn't allow embedding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ7_En2xEm4 (Graphic content as a near-death occurs)  
    • We don't do breakfast balls. But the other two @woodzie264 described are pretty much winter rules. I used to play a lot of tournament golf, so im just conditioned to play the game under those circumstances, even when im playing a game with a group where they are different rules agreed to. But the rule I and my regular group let slide most often is re-teeing or replaying after a lost ball or OB. We just agree on a general place to play the next from with whatever penalty the shot usually is. Speeds things along and doesn't really effect the outcome of our money games too much. 
    • When I’m playing a non-handicapped round, I don’t follow a lot of rules. I’ll toss em around if I don’t like a lie or line, pick up once on green and/or within like 6ft, and hit several mulligans. Honestly when not keeping a handicap, play in any way that makes you happy, so long as it doesn’t effect pace of play. 
    • Rule 3 - The Competition Notes as follows. These are notes, not a recap or a summary or anything like that. I didn't do a great job of just writing the NOTES for this rule, instead I just kinda summarized it, particularly the match play part. I'll do better for rule 4. 3.1 - Central Elements of Every Competition Match play, stroke play, or other forms of stroke play determine some rules outcomes Match play is against the opponent, without as much care for "the field" Also have to know if you're playing against an individual or partners Finally, gross or net? 3.2 - Match Play Three ways to win a hole fewer strokes than opponent opponent concedes opponent incurs general penalty You can tie, too: same number of strokes someone makes a stroke on the hole and the players treat it as tied (kinda like a mutual concession) Three ways to win a match: More holes up than remain opponent concedes opponent is DQed Extending a tied match: sudden death, continuation of the same round (so no switching equipment, etc.) holes played in same order unless Committee determines a different one Result is final when something is done as set by the Committee, such as final score posted on a scoreboard, etc. Players may concede the next stroke, hole, or match. Concessions made while ball in motion apply to the next stroke unless it goes in the hole. If knocked away while in motion it has to be obvious that the ball doesn't have a chance of going in. (Spieth in the Ryder Cup.) Concede a hole at any point before the hole is completed (even before it's played), 6.5. Concede a match at any point before it's completed/decided. Concessions are verbal or by an action If a player lifts his ball due to a reasonable misunderstanding that something was conceded, he can replace with no penalty (14.2) Handicaps in match play… DQed if player says handicap too high and doesn't correct before next stroke. If too low, plays off the lower handicap. Given by hole, lower net score wins. If tied match extended, same holes get the same strokes as in regular round. If players mistakenly apply handicap to a hole, result stands unless it's corrected in time. Responsibilities: Player can ask the other how many strokes they've taken at any time, other guy must respond with correct number. Failure to reply is treated as giving the wrong number of strokes. Wrong number is general penalty unless he corrects before asking player makes another stroke, or if after a hole, before anyone makes a stroke on the next hole or before the match is final (exception if the right score doesn't affect the outcome of the hole). Must tell an opponent about the penalty as soon as reasonably possible, even if the player is unaware of the penalty (because players are supposed to recognize when they've breached a rule). Otherwise, general penalty. Exception: no penalty when opponent knew of player's penalty (such as when seeing him take penalty relief). Know the match score. If players mistakenly agree on wrong match score they can correct it before a player makes a stroke to begin another hole or before the match is final if it's the last hole. If not corrected, it becomes the final score. Exception: when player requests a ruling. Protect your own rights and interests. You're not protecting the field here. Players may act on or ignore breaches by opponent. Cannot deliberately agree to ignore breaches, DQ if so. Players can ask for rulings under 20.1b. 3.3 - Stroke Play Winner finishes in the fewest total strokes, net if handicap. Player's score kept on a scorecard by the marker. Marker(s) certify hole scores with player, sign. Player certifies, signs, and returns scorecard. Breach anything here, DQ. Exception: no penalty when marker fails, such as marker leaving with player's card). Wrong hole score: higher stands, lower is DQ. Exception: just pretend you're unaware of a penalty. Stupid. Then the strokes are just included. Player responsible for his handicap being listed on the scorecard. Too high or not shown and affects # of strokes given, DQ. Too low, plays to it. Player not responsible for addition or applying handicap. Player must hole out each hole. If not corrected in time, DQ. Rules 21.1, 21.2, and 21.3 for other forms of stroke play.
    • 2021 Golf Goal - Golf With John  Break 90 consistently. I should hit 89 or better 7 out of 10 rounds. I know I can hit 90's because I've tried better ball (2 balls), and I was able to only hit 4 over in 9 holes.  Better course management. Thinking before my shots. Make good contact Practice range. I've gone out almost every weekday morning in Oct, putting 30 minutes and range a hour. Chipping and putting practice. Trying to get make my body to automatically do what I've learned in my lessons.  New shot shapes (how to hit a fade, draw, low, high). I realized I have no idea how to hits these. If it happens on the course, it's accidental as my only goal was to hit it straight. Play Club tournaments I've played 1 this year and it was a great time. Got to putt every hole!  Oct 2021 goal is to hit 80 from white tees Once i'm comfortable breaking into single digits, I'll move to the back tees. I was able to hit 87 1 time this past year and it was an amazing feeling. Ingrain in my brain, there are bad shots and it sucks but it's okay. We'll get through it.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Darkfrog
      Darkfrog
      (43 years old)
    2. Jrock817
      Jrock817
      (40 years old)
    3. Leonclum
      Leonclum
      (48 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...