IGNORED

New Golfer From NE Ohio

BigHE
Note: This thread is 1444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone.  My name is Jay.  I just started playing and I'm terrible!!!  Looking forward to learning and sharing.  I took a look around.  Looks like a great community.  Thanks

Jay

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome Jay from NE Ohio.   You've found the best place on the web to talk golf.   Erik is currently giving us daily lessons thru April to help endure the Covid-19 pandemic.   You'll find this place will challenge opinions and ask for facts (that's a good thing!)  

Covid-19 practice plan

Stay safe

Denny

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Hello @BigHE

All of us are terrible to start with. Some of us eventually get better. Much as I could use the company, I'm sure you'll be in the later category.

Spent some time back in the day in Massillon. Now, like @CarlSpackler, I'm in the Dayton area.

Welcome to TST! Another Daytonian here. I'm sure you will find some great info on these forums. Poke around to all of the different sections, as there is loads to learn. Stay safe up there. I know that Cuyahoga was one of the hardest hit counties in the state when it comes to COVID, and I hope you stay clear of it.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Welcome, this site is the best golf site on the net. Be open to learning and you will improve 👍

Hi Jay, 
I'm in the middle of the state... ish… 

Just North of Columbus.

Welcome to the forum.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• iacas changed the title to New Golfer From NE Ohio

Thank you all for the welcome.  You all stay safe as well.  I think I started off too fast.  I was going 3 to 4 times a week for  3 weeks.  I have a terrible pain in my upper rib area ( I hear its common), so I'm gonna take it easy for a while and spend some time getting acquainted with the forum here.  There are so many techniques.  Thanks again!

Hello from Florida Jay! Best golf forum there is. Plenty of excellent instructors/golfers here to get you on the proper track to play your best. Take a browse through the instruction thread for all the material you can imagine. Cheers!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Welcome to the madness!  :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Hello from central Ohio, Jay! Welcome to the forum and to the game of golf! Stay healthy

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Welcome to the sand trap

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Note: This thread is 1444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!