IGNORED

AutoFlex Korea Hidden Technology

Bonvivant

Not really a shaftoid here, but this is really interesting. A XX shaft that is considerably lighter than other options. It is made in a variety of weights, and offers some interesting feedback for the tester here.

2 things to discuss....are you interested in this shaft (especially seeing those kind of gains in SS), and would it be worth the extreme price (assuming that you could control the gains, unlike Matty in the video)?

Edited by Bonvivant
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just watched this video.  Definitely has me intrigued.  I mean, $775 is ALOT of money for a shaft, but if it provides a gain in SS, consistency, etc., it might just be the last shaft you have to buy. 

19 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

2 things to discuss....are you interested in this shaft (especially seeing those kind of gains in SS), and would it be worth the extreme price

The answer to both of these for me is no. Gaining swing speed without being accompanied by an increase in accuracy would make golf harder for me. And holy shit that thing is expensive.

19 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

assuming that you could control the gains, unlike Matty in the video

Why would you assume that, though? I’d assume most people would see similar results as the guy in the video. If I could gain 20 yards and hit it straighter it’s a no brainer.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

58 minutes ago, billchao said:

The answer to both of these for me is no. Gaining swing speed without being accompanied by an increase in accuracy would make golf harder for me

I wouldn’t need an increase in accuracy just for it to stay the same. Unless we’re saying increase in swing speed without loss of accuracy is increased accuracy.🥴

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

33 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I wouldn’t need an increase in accuracy just for it to stay the same. Unless we’re saying increase in swing speed without loss of accuracy is increased accuracy.🥴

I’m thinking of accuracy in terms of degrees. A 5° lateral miss at 200 yards is closer to your target line than at 300 yards. Gaining distance while retaining the same amount of accuracy percentage-wise means greater dispersion.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Why would you assume that, though? I’d assume most people would see similar results as the guy in the video. If I could gain 20 yards and hit it straighter it’s a no brainer.

Because golfers are different and it may be a better fit for someone else's swing. I'm not interested in it myself, but I do find that gain of head speed interesting. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

14 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Because golfers are different and it may be a better fit for someone else's swing.

Very possible. But I’m not about to shell out $800 to find out if I’m one of those people.

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, Chbagge said:

What is the website to the manufacture or how can you order the shaft?

/Christofer

It is my understanding that you have to find a club fitter that has one in order to get one.  I have searched their site and have found no information on how to get ahold of one.

If I were to hit the ball 370, and dead straight, I'd be out of bounds 11 of 14 drives.  I think I'll just wait for one to show up in the bin at Goodwill.  They should be easy to spot.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

2 minutes ago, Piz said:

If I were to hit the ball 370, and dead straight, I'd be out of bounds 11 of 14 drives.  I think I'll just wait for one to show up in the bin at Goodwill.  They should be easy to spot.

huh?  So every one of your par 4s and 5s have OB?  No internal holes?  I'm not sure I follow what you are getting at here...

29 minutes ago, Grinde6 said:

huh?  So every one of your par 4s and 5s have OB?  No internal holes?  I'm not sure I follow what you are getting at here...

Of the holes that are not par threes; nine are dog-legs and two are well under 370.  Although I didn't think of it until you asked; there are no internal holes.  Behind every green is a road, a creek, a pond, a house, or impenetrable forest.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

As someone who works in R&D I am intrigued by the shaft (materials of construction, manufacturing process, etc.)... As a golfer I am also intrigued. I read your second question as: would you pay $799 to increase your driver carry distance 20+ yards without losing your current accuracy, and to that I say do you want cash or debit card?

4 hours ago, chicub15 said:

As someone who works in R&D I am intrigued by the shaft (materials of construction, manufacturing process, etc.)... As a golfer I am also intrigued. I read your second question as: would you pay $799 to increase your driver carry distance 20+ yards without losing your current accuracy, and to that I say do you want cash or debit card?

$40 a yard? Not for me. Now, if I were Ricky Fowler or Dennis Johnson or Phil Mickelson (OK. Maybe not Phil - he'd be two fairways over)...

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Zippo said:

$40 a yard? Not for me. Now, if I were Ricky Fowler or Dennis Johnson or Phil Mickelson (OK. Maybe not Phil - he'd be two fairways over)...

Ricky and Dennis?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, Zippo said:

20 yards is 1-2 less clubs into every green.  That is worth a lot.  To possibly gain 5+mph of clubhead speed without over swinging is pretty beneficial as well.  If I find out who I could order through, and their return policy is decent, I would order one in a heartbeat.