Jump to content
IGNORED

Extreme Passenger Jet Vertical Climb


nevets88
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

I dunno if this has been doctored, I don’t think so. Wonder if the captain lets the passengers know in advance what’s about to happen. On a related note, 737 Max back in service.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I dunno if this has been doctored, I don’t think so. Wonder if the captain lets the passengers know in advance what’s about to happen. On a related note, 737 Max back in service.

 

It's a demonstration at an airshow.

The vertical climb wouldn't bother me, but the pushover to level off would.  In my previous office space, we would roll inverted when leveling off to avoid the negative Gs. Now that would be worth seeing in in a 737 or 787.

Edited by Missouri Swede
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you ever fly out of Orange County, you get something like that. It's a pretty fast climb off of a short runway, but then you have to level off and turn down the engines because of a noise ordinance. It's fun and not a big deal, but I can imagine the first time might be a little weird if you don't know what's coming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/9/2020 at 10:30 AM, DeadMan said:

If you ever fly out of Orange County, you get something like that. It's a pretty fast climb off of a short runway, but then you have to level off and turn down the engines because of a noise ordinance. It's fun and not a big deal, but I can imagine the first time might be a little weird if you don't know what's coming.

I flew to/from Orange County many times, but somehow I don't remember steep climbs.  Maybe I blacked out. 🤣

Edited by Yukari
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/9/2020 at 9:30 AM, DeadMan said:

If you ever fly out of Orange County, you get something like that. It's a pretty fast climb off of a short runway, but then you have to level off and turn down the engines because of a noise ordinance. It's fun and not a big deal, but I can imagine the first time might be a little weird if you don't know what's coming.

 

21 minutes ago, Yukari said:

I flew to/from Orange County many times, but somehow I don't remember steep climbs.  Maybe I blacked out. 🤣

They're not that noticably steep ... but the silence when they cut the engines over Newport is a bit odd/eerie.  Most of the time (if you can even hear them) they do warn you before takeoff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/9/2020 at 9:30 AM, DeadMan said:

but I can imagine the first time might be a little weird if you don't know what's coming.

The first time I flew out of John Wayne airport I was terrified during the takeoff because I had no idea what was happening. I have self-diagnosed aerophobia, so I am pretty anxious on planes to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

It's just a combination of having to spool up the engines with the breaks on, having to climb fairly quickly, and then the engines shutting off quickly after takeoff that can be odd if you don't know what to expect.

Are the engines actually shut off or just idled down somewhat?  If the former I need to rethink this whole flying thing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

It's just a combination of having to spool up the engines with the breaks on, having to climb fairly quickly, and then the engines shutting off quickly after takeoff that can be odd if you don't know what to expect.

When I'm zipping down the interstate and shift my car into neutral and shut off the engine my owner's manual jumps out of my glovebox and scolds me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

When I'm zipping down the interstate and shift my car into neutral and shut off the engine my owner's manual jumps out of my glovebox and scolds me...

I once had a Fiat X19, actually kept it for over 100k miles.  It did develop a few electrical gremlins, occasionally the engine would just cut off while I was driving.  I'd clutch, turn the ignition off and back on, release the clutch, and it would magically be running again.  First time was a bit puzzling, but I got used to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...