IGNORED

Patrick Reed - The Man, the Child Abuse (?), Redemption (??)

Phil McGleno

Patrick Reed Abuse  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If Patrick Reed was Physically and Emotionally Abused as a Child, Does Your Opinion of Him Change?

• Yeah
    • No

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Parts. Engine probably almost intact. Console. Seats.

Often the high end cars will get fixed even with extensive damage.

a few yes ago a drunk ran a red lights and took out my wife’s Explorer.  We were taking to the guy at the tow yard when getting our personal items and he said they were not going to total the drunks Porsche Panmerra even though it was in worse shape than our explorer.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, StuM said:

a few yes ago a drunk ran a red lights and took out my wife’s Explorer.  We were taking to the guy at the tow yard when getting our personal items and he said they were not going to total the drunks Porsche Panmerra even though it was in worse shape than our explorer.  

Just saying what I've seen said a few other places/times.

This isn't a stock car. It's a limited release with an even more limited paint job.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, StuM said:

Yea. Insurance companies don’t even total them.

It’s a GT2RS. It’s probably not getting salvaged for parts.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

with an even more limited paint job.

It’s just Porsche PTS. You can get that color on any model if you want to pay the upcharge for it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 hours ago, StuM said:

Yah, the sum of its parts far far more valuable than the parts on their own especially when the powertrain and  drivetrain are intact.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yah, the sum of its parts far far more valuable than the parts on their own especially when the powertrain and  drivetrain are intact.

I feel like I'm saying the same thing as y'all. They're going to take the undamaged parts from that car and move them into maybe other different cars. They may not all go to the same car. They might take the whole engine and drivetrain to put in one car, the seats go to another car perhaps… etc.

I'm not saying they're going to take this hose, and this gear thing, and this drive shaft, and this other piece over here, and this brake pad, etc. and sell them all separately.

But I do think they'll take the car and its parts (big collections of parts) will still go in at least a few different other cars. That's, to me, still "used for parts."

If that's wrong, and they're just going to take the thing down as low as they can by removing the undamaged stuff, and then rebuild that stuff around what's left… then that's rebuilding the car, to me. And if that's what they do in these situations, I guess I'm a bit surprised, but okay.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

56 minutes ago, iacas said:

I feel like I'm saying the same thing as y'all. They're going to take the undamaged parts from that car and move them into maybe other different cars. They may not all go to the same car. They might take the whole engine and drivetrain to put in one car, the seats go to another car perhaps… etc.

I'm not saying they're going to take this hose, and this gear thing, and this drive shaft, and this other piece over here, and this brake pad, etc. and sell them all separately.

But I do think they'll take the car and its parts (big collections of parts) will still go in at least a few different other cars. That's, to me, still "used for parts."

If that's wrong, and they're just going to take the thing down as low as they can by removing the undamaged stuff, and then rebuild that stuff around what's left… then that's rebuilding the car, to me. And if that's what they do in these situations, I guess I'm a bit surprised, but okay.

I really think someone will rebuild it, or rather that they’ll take what’s left of it and turn it into something slightly different like a Gunther Werks or a Singer type of thing. I don’t think they’ll restore it to original and I don’t think it gets stripped out for parts.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, billchao said:

I really think someone will rebuild it, or rather that they’ll take what’s left of it and turn it into something slightly different like a Gunther Werks or a Singer type of thing. I don’t think they’ll restore it to original and I don’t think it gets stripped out for parts.

They're going to make it into a sewing machine?!?!?

• Funny 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

They're going to make it into a sewing machine?!?!?

singer-dls-porsche-911.jpg

SINCE 2009 DEFINITIVE DESIGN A Relentless Pursuit of Excellence Singer is a philosophy, captured in these five...

I don’t believe they do newer models but it was an example of taking an OEM car and building into something else.

• Informative 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

10 hours ago, billchao said:
singer-dls-porsche-911.jpg

SINCE 2009 DEFINITIVE DESIGN A Relentless Pursuit of Excellence Singer is a philosophy, captured in these five...

I don’t believe they do newer models but it was an example of taking an OEM car and building into something else.

And whoosh!

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

On 4/28/2023 at 4:06 PM, iacas said:

Parts. Engine probably almost intact. Console. Seats.

Exactly. With less than 400 miles on it, the engine, drivetrain (and other parts) are like new.  Parted out or as part of a rebuild they only made 1000. I read somewhere it was 996 because they lost 4 in delivery when a freighter sank so Porsche cranked out 4 more. 

Too bad it met its early demise. A Master’s theme bad ass car deserves a better fate. At @700 HP it’s part of the “widowmaker” GT2 RS line that requires an experienced driver because of its ability to get away from you. Porsche took out the all wheel drive, stripped out anything that could be reduced in weight and replaced it with titanium, carbon fiber, etc and basically put a rocket on a roller skate. The history of the car is pretty fascinating, but it’s not a daily driver or for the faint of heart. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

6 hours ago, turtleback said:

And whoosh!

No I got your joke. I just saw it as an opportunity to educate people because I realized I threw out a couple of names without explanation.

I own a Singer. It does not have 700hp 😉

• Funny 1
  • Informative 2

Bill

My Swing Thread

Other than admiring his competitiveness, guy just seems to be a douche. What do you all think?

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Other than admiring his competitiveness, guy just seems to be a douche. What do you all think?

He certainly finds his share of controversy and it seems as if all of it could have easily been avoided. I try not to judge individual incidents but when they start lining up as a pattern, its a problem. I think the examples of him demeaning rules officials and cameramen just make him come off like a jerk. The whole thing about Jordan and JT being paired and Reed complaining about being taken out of the equation seems in poor form especially when he gets paired with Tiger. Seriously, you are complaining about that? Anyway, not a fan.  

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus