IGNORED

NCAA Football 2021

saevel25

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Probably hacked their recruiting system...

Yeah. Maybe. ... OSU's defense has gotten worse with every year of Day's tenure. I've puked more times watching the Bucks try to play defense this year. ... Put it this way. I saw this abomination coming a while ago.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Alabama one loss and a 4OT win both from unranked teams. Yeah..let’s see how the committee handles this.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Wow. Really didn’t see that coming after OSU dismantled MSU. OSU just really never got going. MI defense was relentless and OSU really struggled on pass defense as well as letting Haskins have his way. 

Yup. Have to agree. Can't give up 40+ on the road and expect to win. Would have like to see OSU take more chances down the field. Hats off to Michigan though they were simply better today.

It's Georgia's national championship to lose now IMO, I don't think there's any offense left in the playoff picture that will challenge Georgia's defense.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

9 hours ago, klineka said:

It's Georgia's national championship to lose now IMO, I don't think there's any offense left in the playoff picture that will challenge Georgia's defense.

Agree. I don’t think Alabama will beat Georgia, but what a conundrum if they do should OkSt, MI and ND win out. Who gets screwed? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

22 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Agree. I don’t think Alabama will beat Georgia, but what a conundrum if they do should OkSt, MI and ND win out. Who gets screwed? 

If Alabama were to win and MI won the big ten, I could see the teams (in no specific order) being Georgia, Bama, MI as the 3 locks and then the 4th IMO would be between Cincy and OkSt. I don't know enough about each of their seasons overall to say who should be in out of those two. ND not having a conference championship game/win will come back to bite them again.

On 11/13/2021 at 3:53 PM, Vinsk said:

Michigan slipped by an ailing and unranked PSU so they’ll get accolades to no end. It’s pretty much done. Alabama/Georgia/Cincy/OSU. OSU will absolutely humiliate Cincy and the committee will finally see they wasted their time on them.

Michigan 42, OSU 27

Do you bet often? 

42 minutes ago, WilliamB said:

Michigan 42, OSU 27

Do you bet often? 

I do. And many lost money on the MI/OSU game. Not sure your point. And I still stand by that OSU would destroy Cincy. If Alabama beats Georgia they’ll keep Alabama and Georgia in. They’ll have to decide if MI, OkSt, Cincy or ND gets in. Of those teams, Cincy’s win over ND has tired. Why? Because they’ve NOTHING, zero, since then. When they play any of those teams it’ll be the first time they’ve seen the likes of a true top four team.😃

It is now time to blow up the Ohio State defensive staff, except maybe for like one person. 

When was Ohio State's defense great... 

2021: 31st (really inflated do to playing bad offenses, or good offenses missing key players to injuries)
2020: 42nd 
2019: 2nd (Legit, maybe the 2nd best Ohio State defense in the past 15 years)
2018: 40th 
2017: 6th 

In 2017, we had some dudes playing on defense. Greg Schiano runs a complex scheme, and with elite pass rush it was good. 
In 2018, we lose Nick Bosa to a season ending injury. No adjustments were made, and we run the same complex system with out that dude at edge rusher. The defense ranked over 100th in 10+ yards plays given up. 
in 2019, Schiano gets the boot, DB's coaches get the boot. Enter Jeff Hafley. Who, if we had him today we probably give Alabama a better game last year, and we probably be undefeated this year. I think this guy is legit a great defensive mind. He was the architect for the change in defensive scheme that took ranked 100th to ranked 7th! in giving up plays over 10 yards. 
in 2020, we go back to giving up to many big plays. We got by because it was a shortened season due to COVID, but go exposed against Alabama. 
in 2021, same issue. Big plays given up on defense. We give play calling to a different guy. Things get better against bad offenses, but got exposed again. The DB's and Linebackers look like they just do not flow to the ball well. They do not fill gaps well. The RB is on them before they even make an athletic move. To me, this is just all coaching. If the players do not have see the game, are not reading their keys, then its coaching. Pretty much, there is no one defensive scheme that is a cure all. Some teams still run two deep safeties. Some run single high safety with cover 3 as an alternative. It depends on your players. Some teams run a lot of different schemes. No matter what the scheme, if the players are reacting slow, then that is a coaching issue. Good coaching, lets plays play fast. 

The recruiting is good enough that we should be a top 25 defense at worst, that is just fact. The issue maybe scheme, but that goes back to coaching decisions from Ryan Day and the D/C. Maybe Ryan Day didn't want to reinvent the wheel in 2020, and just tried to run the Jeff Hafley system with Kerry. Kerry said they would play multiple defenses. Then in 2021, they just run single high safety with a cover 3 alternative. Nothing else, they get burned versus Oregon. Like, where is the coaching Kerry? Where is the variety you promised because you came from the NFL and you learned it all there? WTF! 

I think Kerry is going to go find a job somewhere else. He wants to be a head coach or D/C. I just don't think he's good enough to be at Ohio State. I am not sure Al Washington is the guy for Linebackers. Development there has been bad. Like, no dudes from recruiting classes 2-3 years ago were ready to step in! Not good at all. 

I do expect some coaching changes on defense to be made. I wouldn't be surprised if the only one left is Larry Johnson and maybe Matt Barnes. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0906%2Fr905291_1

In a shocking move, LSU is set to hire Notre Dame's Brian Kelly as its next head football coach, sources told...

• Informative 1

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Wow. OkSt looking like fools out there. And the touchdown made my Baylor to go 20 was once again due to the most asinine defensive mistake in football. When you’re in the end zone there is nowhere for the receiver to go. Speed doesn’t matter as you’re both right there with limited room. And what happens?

The absolutely stupid DB never looks for the ball. Even as the receiver is looking up to the ball this moron just keeps his eyes on the receiver as to say, ‘ gosh I hope he doesn’t catch that ball that’s obviously coming .’ Easiest play to beat. Only if the receiver is significantly taller is it difficult. Time and time again you watch the replay and the ball literally comes right over the idiots shoulder. Had he simply looked for the ball it’s gravy to at least deflect it. Maddening.

Bryce Young should have been handed the Heisman Trophy after the SEC Championship Game.

• Like 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, bwdial said:

Bryce Young should have been handed the Heisman Trophy after the SEC Championship Game.

Give it to Pickett.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Actually this would be a year to give the Heisman to a defensive player. No QB truly out shined the others this year imo. It’s been a defense dominated season. 

On 12/4/2021 at 10:38 PM, Vinsk said:

Actually this would be a year to give the Heisman to a defensive player. No QB truly out shined the others this year imo. It’s been a defense dominated season. 

Okay... so Will Anderson.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

On 12/4/2021 at 10:08 PM, bwdial said:

IMO the Heisman voting should either be done after the regular season games but before the conference championship games, or after the entire postseason, playoff, and bowl games have been played. Doesn't really make sense that it's done after the conference championship games but before the playoffs and bowl games.

Very similar to how the NBA votes on the MVP after the regular season ends but prior to the playoffs starting. 

If you take away the SEC championship game from Bryce Young and just look at the regular season, Bryce Young played in 12 games with 3,901 passing yards, 69% completion percentage, and 40 passing TDs and 3 rushing TDs.

CJ Stroud in his regular season played in 11 games with 3,862 passing yards, 71% completion percentage, 38 passing TDs and 0 rushing TDs. 

Stroud nearly had as good of a season in 11 regular season games as Young did in 12.

So in reality, Stroud gets punished/negatively affected by his team not making their conference championship game, even though it wasn't really his fault, and Young gets rewarded/positively affected by his team making their conference championship game simply because of when the Heisman votes are collected/tallied.

And no, I don't think the Michigan loss was really Stroud's fault, he threw for 394 yds with 2 TDs and 0 INTs while his offense scored 27 points against a Michigan defense that all season prior to that game was only averaging giving up 178 passing yds per game on defense and was only giving up 16 ppg going into that game.

21 minutes ago, klineka said:

IMO the Heisman voting should either be done after the regular season games but before the conference championship games, or after the entire postseason, playoff, and bowl games have been played. Doesn't really make sense that it's done after the conference championship games but before the playoffs and bowl games.

I think you crown it after the regular season. Just because, you are giving some players one more game to play. It's that or after the bowl season. I do not think right after conference championship games is a good spot as it is right now. 

A break down of the top QB's with other stats. 

If you give shroud 13 games, like young. Extrapolate out. He ends up with...

466 attempts, 70.9% completion, 45-TD's, 6-INT, 9.8 average, 4565 yards. Those are all better than Bryce Young. 

He has a better pass rating, better efficiency, and better First Down and TD Ratio. The only QB over 40% of throws goes for a TD or FD. 

The only reason, I do not throw Pickett up there is because of how he performs against ranked teams. 

Shroud versus Ranked Teams...
image.png
+3.8% Comp %, -.4 yards per pass, -6.8 passer rating

Young versus Ranked Teams...
image.png
-2.3% Comp %, +1.1 yards per pass, +.13 passer rating (dude just wanted to throw hay-makers!!) 

Pickett versus Ranked Teams...
image.png

-5.5% Comp %, -1.2 yards per pass, -23 passer rating

For CJ, he took more check downs, shorter passing, and hit on most of them. Completion went up and yards per attempt went down slightly. 
For Young, he just aired it out. His completion % went down, but he hit more often than not. Probably why his passer rating went up. 
For Pickett, he didn't hit downfield as much, and he was less accurate in doing so. You think that shorter passes means more accuracy. Which, I do not think is a good sign for him. 

I think Young is going to get the Heisman, because he had a game winning drive against Auburn, then trashed Georgia. 

In the end, I do not think he did significantly better than Shroud. If it was Shroud with the ball on the final drive, against Michigan's defense, and they were down by 3, I give him a good shot to pull off a game winning drive like Young. BUT!! You need a defense to keep the other team with in striking distance. If you give up ZERO 3rd down attempts in the 2nd half to a team, you going to lose. Just end of story. 

I think the voting will be Young, Hutchinson, Shroud, Pickett.

I kind of think Hutch should win. Michigan is probably a 3-4 loss team with out them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: