IGNORED

Quote "That's Not My Problem"

ChetlovesMer
Note: This thread is 1160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, twice in as many days somebody has said “Not my problem” to me. 

This morning I was out shoveling my driveway, as I am sure many of you were. It is also garbage/recycling day. I drug my cans to the curb. My neighbor took his cans to the curb as well.  I said “Hello”. He and I chatted, and I noticed he put his cans right in front of his mailbox. Which he pretty much does every week. So, I mentioned to him that I noticed for the mail-lady to deliver his mail she has to get out of her truck, because she can’t pull the mail truck right up to his mailbox with the cans there. It is like 15 degrees outside. He says, “What do you want me to do about it?” I suggested putting the cans on the other side of his driveway where there is no mailbox. He just shrugged and said, “Not my problem.” 

Yesterday, I was talking with a mom about her 14-year-old son who is currently failing 8th grade math. He is way behind and has been most of the year. I asked what she was planning on doing about it and she said she was going to meet with his teacher again in March. It turns out she was told her son was falling behind back in October at a parent teacher conference. Apparently when the teacher told her that her son is way behind, she said “That’s not my problem.” She told the teacher it is the teacher’s job to get him caught up by the end of the year. It is not her job and therefore, Not her problem. 

Has everyone been taking crazy pills? Am I the only one who thinks “It’s not my problem” is a terribly odd response to both these situations? Seriously, if I’m the weird one, let me know. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This morning I was out shoveling my driveway, as I am sure many of you were. It is also garbage/recycling day. I drug my cans to the curb. My neighbor took his cans to the curb as well.  I said “Hello”. He and I chatted, and I noticed he put his cans right in front of his mailbox. Which he pretty much does every week. So, I mentioned to him that I noticed for the mail-lady to deliver his mail she has to get out of her truck, because she can’t pull the mail truck right up to his mailbox with the cans there. It is like 15 degrees outside. He says, “What do you want me to do about it?” I suggested putting the cans on the other side of his driveway where there is no mailbox. He just shrugged and said, “Not my problem.” 

Yesterday, I was talking with a mom about her 14-year-old son who is currently failing 8th grade math. He is way behind and has been most of the year. I asked what she was planning on doing about it and she said she was going to meet with his teacher again in March. It turns out she was told her son was falling behind back in October at a parent teacher conference. Apparently when the teacher told her that her son is way behind, she said “That’s not my problem.” She told the teacher it is the teacher’s job to get him caught up by the end of the year. It is not her job and therefore, Not her problem. 

Has everyone been taking crazy pills? Am I the only one who thinks “It’s not my problem” is a terribly odd response to both these situations? Seriously, if I’m the weird one, let me know. 

We are the only house on the street that shovels the snow completely off the sidewalk to the street. This way our letter carrier, trash pickup and delivery people don’t have to jump over a snow bank. Most of my neighbors don’t do this. It’s sad. These people are doing us a service. Make it easier on them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

If you are the weird one, then our society is doomed.

Whether or not you are weird is a different conversation. The cases you mentioned are indicative of a problem I see in our society.  Many simply have no consideration for others, it is just what is good for them and screw everyone else.  Or in the case of the mother, take no responsibility for anything, including raising a child.  Simply does not know (or does not care) what "Parenting" is.

You appear to be considerate & willing to take responsibility (ie to raise your child), BUT you may still be weird.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 minute ago, StuM said:

You appear to be considerate & willing to take responsibility (ie to raise your child), BUT you may still be weird.

Both A and B are true.

26 minutes ago, StuM said:

Whether or not you are weird is a different conversation. The cases you mentioned are indicative of a problem I see in our society.  Many simply have no consideration for others, it is just what is good for them and screw everyone else.  Or in the case of the mother, take no responsibility for anything, including raising a child.  Simply does not know (or does not care) what "Parenting" is.

It's not like every parent from your generation or before took things seriously. Each generation has their own traits. Some generations are more individualistic versus some opposite. You know, time keeps moving forward. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• iacas changed the title to Quote "That's Not My Problem"
4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I agree with you - take responsibility for yourself/your family, and treat others as you’d want to be treated. Simple. I’d call it basic human decency 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Everybody has their own interpretation of the truth, and fashion their lives accordingly. There is only one truth, but people don't seek it out because they are selfish. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

I think it is worse than that. Many people have no sense of shame, and as my wife pointed out that train has left the station and is not coming back.

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

Everybody has their own interpretation of the truth, and fashion their lives accordingly. There is only one truth, but people don't seek it out because they are selfish. 

Agreed - completely

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

It's not like every parent from your generation or before took things seriously. Each generation has their own traits. Some generations are more individualistic versus some opposite. You know, time keeps moving forward. 

Yes, There have always been good & bad parents as well as inconsiderate people but it does seem more prevalent.  

Both A and B are true.

I noticed you did not deny point C

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

My postal worker would just skip my house that day. We've seen it a few times when my daughter parked her car too close to our mailbox, so he couldn't "swerve" in and pull up next to the mailbox.

And I don't blame them at all. I tell my daughter to park where she should. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This thread is not my problem.  😁  Cabin fever is my problem... I haven't been able to play golf for 6 days.  Snow and cold weather are not conducive to the things I like to do.

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

Damn kids these days...  😁  (I've got one... 22... still qualifies as a kid... helped him do his taxes today) 

1 hour ago, StuM said:

I noticed you did not deny point C

I thought C was obvious.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

My postal worker would just skip my house that day. We've seen it a few times when my daughter parked her car too close to our mailbox, so he couldn't "swerve" in and pull up next to the mailbox.

I'm surprised out postal carrier doesn't just skip them. She literally turns off her little truck, gets out, walks over and puts their mail in their mailbox. Goes back, starts up the truck and carries on. Dude, just put your garbage and your recycling on the other side of your driveway. It's no more or less walking for you, and it would clearly make it easier for her. Take your cans down the driveway and turn left, rather than down the driveway and turn right. 

12 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Yes. Welcome to the self-absorbed “me” generation. 

Most of my street are boomers and they act like that. I don’t think it’s generational. It’s  more a personality trait.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

19 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I can comment on the second scenario (failing student). That particular response is the norm where I am a teaching. I am sure that it's not like that everywhere so please don't tell me "that's not how it is here", I'm just stating something that I see almost every day. Actually the majority of kids I teach, parents either don't care or are not educated enough to help their own kids. And unfortunately that pattern continues to grow. Most of these students don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of but mom and dad have new cell phones and plenty of tats so at least they have that covered. Meanwhile their kids come to school with a blanket wrapped around them because they don't have coats. Like the previous poster said...."the train has left the station". Frankly....I just don't understand it.  

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

8 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Most of these students don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of but mom and dad have new cell phones and plenty of tats so at least they have that covered. Meanwhile their kids come to school with a blanket wrapped around them because they don't have coats. 

Just curious, do the parents smoke cigarettes? 

I ask because I volunteer serving food each week. I see a lot of parents who can't afford 3 squares for their kids, yet smoke a pack a day at 8 bucks a pack. Almost makes me cry. 

Note: This thread is 1160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!