IGNORED

2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational

(edited)
8 hours ago, iacas said:

But he caught it so…

You do not always make the catch.  I could not find the shot I referred to in order to post a video but he threw it very high.  Below is video of him at another time where it was never catchable.

8 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I don’t think you can have it both ways...they are either going to play with emotion (both positive & negative) or they won’t.
To your point, I also enjoy seeing them relatable, rather than a stiff ice cold professional. Granted, guys like DJ who seem impervious to  the externals benefit from that ability, but still fun to see guys be human out there 

I believe you can have emotion but not let the emotion out of control.  I know this is a different situation, but let's say you are driving and someone cuts you off.  I can see honking the horn of using some sign language but cutting them of in retaliation and risking an accident is not cool, even if no accident occurs.  

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Jeez man...eeeeassssy.

I'm not saying DQ him or that I now hate him, just noted that I felt the club through excessive and risky to the green.

Edited by StuM
  • Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell,  for anyone .....

When Arnie was alive, yes.  Just like the Byron Nelson Tournament. Fields are not what they were when the hosts were there. Sad, yes. True, yes. You imply that 8 of the U.S. top 10 are

Just turned on Round 1 and V. Hoveland was putting, using Aimpoint on a short putt on #16.  Distance @ 4 feet.  The commentators decided to briefly discuss AimPoint and one of them, not sure which one

Posted Images

• Administrator

Seriously?

The things some people spend their time caring about…

Worst case he fixes a small dent. Like a ball mark.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Seriously?

The things some people spend their time caring about…

Worst case he fixes a small dent. Like a ball mark.

He’s not serious. No way. Just making small conversation. Right?

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

He’s not serious. No way. Just making small conversation. Right?

Yes, All I said was I was not happy with it and then responded to a few counter-points.  Its no sweat off my back and as I said, it does not make me "Dislike" the golfer.

Almost felt sorry for Bryson today. Hit a drive almost 350 yards - just 30 or so off the green and then makes a Zippo chip! Still, he's only 3 back going into tomorrow. Good day for Spieth. Managed to make a few putts. Rory, Viktor and Lanto only 2 back. Should be an interesting day tomorrow.

Bryson didn't go for the green on #6 again. Kind of a bummer considering all the hype going into the tournament about whether or not he would try it. Can't fault him considering he's contending and doesn't want to John Daly it, but I hope he goes for it at least once.

36 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Almost felt sorry for Bryson today. Hit a drive almost 350 yards - just 30 or so off the green and then makes a Zippo chip! Still, he's only 3 back going into tomorrow. Good day for Spieth. Managed to make a few putts. Rory, Viktor and Lanto only 2 back. Should be an interesting day tomorrow.

Feel sorry Robert Gamez.....92.

Looking at the top six after 2 rounds and V Hoveland has the most bogies at 5, he also has plenty of Birdies (12).  Question: Is he due a blowup round or is he on the verge of a fantastic round?

12 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Bryson didn't go for the green on #6 again. Kind of a bummer considering all the hype going into the tournament about whether or not he would try it. 

I read he ran into a performance issue with his new driver and reverted to the driver he'd been using beforehand.  So perhaps he's playing his drives a bit more cautiously?

5 minutes ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

I read he ran into a performance issue with his new driver and reverted to the driver he'd been using beforehand.  So perhaps he's playing his drives a bit more cautiously?

I did notice he's using an older model Cobra BioCell driver, so maybe he's still working some kinks out of his equipment.

23 minutes ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

He also said if conditions were not just right he would not do it.  I’m not sure if he’s had the wind to his back or not on the first two rounds but I believe that is a factor,

• Like 1

(edited)

Good start for Jordan, 19 foot putt for birdie on #1

ACE for Spieth on #2 😀

Edited by StuM
Corrected player name

19 minutes ago, StuM said:

ACE for Spieth on #2 😀

Good start, but Bay Hill bites back on #3 for Spieth and also for Rose who put multiple balls in the water.

21 minutes ago, StuM said:

ACE for Spieth on #2 😀

And then tee shot into water on #3.

Dang it Jordan!

11B83F49-3201-4597-AD9C-13C6DB8E9BFF.thumb.png.99e0ff767bc5eefba51b3771aaeb57ec.png

10 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Rose with a 9 on 3.

Rose withdraws from Tournament, leaving Spieth to play alone!

17 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

And then tee shot into water on #3.

Dang it Jordan!

11B83F49-3201-4597-AD9C-13C6DB8E9BFF.thumb.png.99e0ff767bc5eefba51b3771aaeb57ec.png

Great putt to salvage #3 and an inch short of birdie on #4