IGNORED

MLB Strike Zone Box Graphic

MLB strike zone box  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the strike zone box graphic imposed on your tv for viewing?

• No, I am a sports fan that doesn't need this gimmicky graphic to let me know balls and strikes!
    • Yes, it is sort of cool, it helps me see the strike zone and the close pitches.
    • I don't care one way or the other, whatever!

10 minutes ago, billchao said:

@Billy Z I recorded this just for you 😃

Did it catch the plate or no?

The ump missed the call, it was a strike!!!!!! lol

Again, that is very difficult to tell. I did a frame by frame, the best I could, and this one appears to have caught the corner, but one cannot tell unless there was a view from above the plate as it crossed the plane of the front of the plate. I guess the point I would like to make is that what the fans see as a ball or strike, may not be accurate sometimes.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can't keep calling everything that you dislike or disagree with a "poor analogy" buddy. So is this: I even like the little dot it shows where the ball crosses the strike zone.

No, I’m saying what you’re seeing isn’t an accurate reflection based on the single camera angle. The K Zone system is developed based on multiple camera angles and computers sync it together to give t

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

The ump missed the call, it was a strike!!!!!! lol

He sure did, it got a lot of the plate.

13 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Again, that is very difficult to tell. I did a frame by frame, the best I could, and this one appears to have caught the corner, but one cannot tell unless there was a view from above the plate as it crossed the plane of the front of the plate. I guess the point I would like to make is that what the fans see as a ball or strike, may not be accurate sometimes.

That’s kind of my point. It’s hard to tell, but the K Zone nailed it. It helps fans see it.

I can take it or leave it because I’ve watched a lot of baseball in my life, but I firmly believe the K Zone is good for the game. It gives casual fans a better understanding of the game and hardcore fans something to use in discussions.

And at the end of the day, we can all agree: Angel Hernandez is a terrible umpire.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think what hurt was the catcher trying to frame the pitch. His gloved moved a lot, and I wonder if that influenced the umpire in thinking it was off the plate. 

Yea, it looks to pass over the edge of the plate. 

34 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think what hurt was the catcher trying to frame the pitch. His gloved moved a lot, and I wonder if that influenced the umpire in thinking it was off the plate. 

Yea, it looks to pass over the edge of the plate. 

Framing is a talent the catchers have perfected, lol, it seems to be more of their skillset nowadays.

One thing I will add is when Dennis Eckersley is commenting on strikes and balls, he has the advantage of not only looking at the box, but he is right above home plate, dead center in the press box. From there he can absolutely see if the ball was over the plate horizontally and can see if it’s a strike in the zone (knee up) from the video vertically. The box does a good job on this IMO.

8 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Padres-Rangers game right now, they randomly turned off the box for, it seems, one pitch a minute ago.  Lol.

I hope Billy Z was watching.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Just a brief moment for the pure baseball fans to enjoy baseball without four two-pixel-wide line segments cluttering up America's (former) pastime.

• Funny 1

21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

“Michigan Man Arrested for Disrupting Baseball Broadcast”

• Funny 2

1 minute ago, billchao said:

“Michigan Man Arrested for Disrupting Baseball Broadcast”

Send him to that state down south!

Edited by dennyjones

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Just a brief moment for the pure baseball fans to enjoy baseball without four two-pixel-wide line segments cluttering up America's (former) pastime.

Game ended up being my Padres first ever no hitter ... but that one moment during the 2nd out in the 4th inning was definitely the highlight!!

• Funny 1