IGNORED

MLB Strike Zone Box Graphic

Billy Z

MLB strike zone box  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the strike zone box graphic imposed on your tv for viewing?

• No, I am a sports fan that doesn't need this gimmicky graphic to let me know balls and strikes!
    • Yes, it is sort of cool, it helps me see the strike zone and the close pitches.
    • I don't care one way or the other, whatever!

51 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

We could program the boos as well!😜

and hey maybe we could put cardboard cutouts of fans in the stands and then sooner or later use cardboard cutouts of the players too. 

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

We could program the boos as well!😜

But silence the booing when the pitcher throws to first to keep the runner close. Don't the fans know that's game strategy?That's a pet peeve of mine.

12 hours ago, billchao said:

The home plate umpire would still signal the call, which would be delivered wirelessly to him through an earpiece or something. 

This process would have to be very close to instantaneous to not interfere with the flow of the game, like base stealing, etc. A significant delay would not be professional like. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

This process would have to be very close to instantaneous to not interfere with the flow of the game, like base stealing, etc. A significant delay would not be professional like. 

Like this?

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Now that's some funny stuff right there!

Leslie Nielsen in The Naked Gun.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just now, Golfingdad said:

You sure?  Pretty certain that guy is Enrico Palazzo.

Look! It’s Enrico Palazzo!

Scott

My Swing Thread

5 hours ago, Billy Z said:

If only there was a way to instantaneously transmit electronic data wirelessly and then convert it into sound waves for the human ear to detect 😉

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

47 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Promo for electronic strike zone:

Two things:

1)  Nothing pisses off an umpire more than tossing your bat and heading to first base assuming a walk, before he makes the call.

2)  This umpire probably had already ordered his medium-rare steak at the nearby steakhouse.

2 hours ago, billchao said:

If only there was a way to instantaneously transmit electronic data wirelessly and then convert it into sound waves for the human ear to detect 😉

Yep, I keep waiting for someone to invent that...

No doubt you'd have a batter called out on strikes turning around to the umpire... "Are you sure you didn't lose wifi for that call?!"

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Two things:

1)  Nothing pisses off an umpire more than tossing your bat and heading to first base assuming a walk, before he makes the call.

2)  This umpire probably had already ordered his medium-rare steak at the nearby steakhouse.

Perfect example of why umps should not call pitches anymore.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 4:48 PM, Billy Z said:

Promo for electronic strike zone:

I love the announcer... "Fox Tracker shows it's ... a ... near the outside corner...." 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 1 year later...

K Zone must have been miscalibrated 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

16 minutes ago, billchao said:

K Zone must have been miscalibrated 😜

They should coach the batter, through the minors, not to call the pitch themselves and start down to first base.  Umpires feel like they're being shown up and will often call it a strike.  Obviously that's what happened here.  Was Angel Hernandez behind the plate?

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

They should coach the batter, through the minors, not to call the pitch themselves and start down to first base.  Umpires feel like they're being shown up and will often call it a strike.

Or, you know, umpires should be calling games the way they’re supposed to be called as opposed to what their fragile egos require.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

My Swing Thread

Not in disagreement.  We (Seattle Mariners) have a rookie, Julio Rodriguez, who was screwed in his first 100 at bats.  Like 30 called third strikes when the ball wasn't even close.  Then the umps let up on him, treated him like the rest of the league, and now he's raking.  Went from roughly a .130 batting average up to a .270 quickly, and climbing.