Jump to content
IGNORED

Considering Dropping 2 Most Lofted Wedges for Just 1, Thoughts?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Same guy playing 3 characters cutting up! Eddie Murphy at his best! 

I was referring to this. Of course it’s Coming to America…but Eddie didn’t play those three characters. He was the older Jewish guy and the other two…Arsenio played that guy I mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I was referring to this. Of course it’s Coming to America…but Eddie didn’t play those three characters. He was the older Jewish guy and the other two…Arsenio played that guy I mentioned.

I know, but you have to realize I have multiple conversations going on in my head and was trying to combine responses.  Coming to America is comedy gold. Having multiple conversations going on is the sign of intelligence, or being a golfer, maybe both. Rambling on and on with no coherent direction, well that happens from time to time. 

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2021 at 10:57 PM, onthehunt526 said:

@WUTiger is going to like this one. I can hit my 54° around the greens well ok. My 58° is about as useful as a bucket of steam, except out of bunkers. My AW is currently 51° (will be 50° when my ZX5 irons come in Mid-May). I’ve been toying with only playing with my 45° PW, 50° AW and a 56° SW... is this a good idea?

Or am I missing something not having a more lofted sand wedge?

All I have right now are 45°, 50° and 56° and I don’t think I am missing much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/29/2021 at 1:57 AM, onthehunt526 said:

@WUTiger is going to like this one. I can hit my 54° around the greens well ok. My 58° is about as useful as a bucket of steam, except out of bunkers. My AW is currently 51° (will be 50° when my ZX5 irons come in Mid-May). I’ve been toying with only playing with my 45° PW, 50° AW and a 56° SW... is this a good idea?

Or am I missing something not having a more lofted sand wedge?

Although I play 45pw, 50aw, 54sw, 58lw, I have had thoughts of replacing the 54 58 for a 56, but have not done it. I think it can be a good choice, especially for mid-high cap golfers. It is easier to be competent with one club then two. If you used only the 56 all the time, just imagine how adept you would become with it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry :offtopic:

On 5/2/2021 at 7:42 AM, TourSpoon said:

I love this meme! Same guy playing 3 characters cutting up! Eddie Murphy at his best! 

Actually 3 different actors (from left to right) Arsenio Hall, Eddie Murphy, and Clint Smith. Although Eddie Murphy does play the old man who is just hanging out in the shop as well.

 

To answer the OP, like everyone has said It totally depends on need. Do you need another club to fill another need more often? I know a lot of people would benefit from another hybrid or fairway wood over a 4th wedge.

Also @onthehunt526 your home course only has 1 bunker? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, NM Golf said:

Sorry :offtopic:

Actually 3 different actors (from left to right) Arsenio Hall, Eddie Murphy, and Clint Smith. Although Eddie Murphy does play the old man who is just hanging out in the shop as well.

 

To answer the OP, like everyone has said It totally depends on need. Do you need another club to fill another need more often? I know a lot of people would benefit from another hybrid or fairway wood over a 4th wedge.

Also @onthehunt526 your home course only has 1 bunker? 

Yes on the 9th and it’s huge

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
8 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

BA88B948-8679-46C6-B19B-8788C1E7F24D.thumb.jpeg.21e565ae6a8b856334a018971712ce87.jpegOnly bunker on the golf course.

I think there is buried treasure there. Just saying’.😜

Let us know how your experimenting goes. I’ve got a similar issue with mid irons. Currently I’m carrying 3W 5W 3H 4H 6-PW, 51, 54 and 58. The gaps are pretty even except 6 iron to 4H, 155 to 175. But I can choke down on the 4H for the 165 distance or hit a 3/4 3H. I could put my 5 iron back in, but I’d have to drop a wedge and I use them all. I’ve had quite a few good pitch shots with the 58 and I use it in sand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I think there is buried treasure there. Just saying’.😜

Let us know how your experimenting goes. I’ve got a similar issue with mid irons. Currently I’m carrying 3W 5W 3H 4H 6-PW, 51, 54 and 58. The gaps are pretty even except 6 iron to 4H, 155 to 175. But I can choke down on the 4H for the 165 distance or hit a 3/4 3H. I could put my 5 iron back in, but I’d have to drop a wedge and I use them all. I’ve had quite a few good pitch shots with the 58 and I use it in sand.

Why both the 5w and 3h?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
4 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Why both the 5w and 3h?

5W is 18 degrees loft and good for fairway lies and the tee. 3H is 21 degrees loft and is better out of the rough. 4H is 24. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • This terrain could possibly help my putting...
    • You don't use a string to see who's shot is the closest to the hole?  😄
    • This is a pet peeve of mine too. I love par 5s where driving is made dangerous like you said. Especially combined with green complexes that make running it up with a wood dangerous but are relatively receptive to a hybrid or long iron approach. Fully eliminating the driver landing area and forcing every single player to play the hole the same way is just lazy design and makes for boring holes.  
    • Day 34 (5/6/21) - Hit a small bucket at the range today, about 1/3 each wedges (full swing motion), hybrids and Driver. After striking the  first couple of wedges really near the hosel, I placed my Driver headcover about 2" outside the target line, which definitely helped me to move the strike closer to the center of the face. Low point control was generally good, as were distance and direction. Drivers were pretty solid, with better trajectory than I have been hitting and mostly with a gentle draw. The only exception was a fade which would have worked OK. Hybrids were a problem as I had poor low point control and either hit fat or thin, resulting in poor distance and trajectory. Low point control with my hybrids will be a priority. 
    • I really can't think of disliking courses to a point of calling them the worst I have played from a design POV. Like few other post's above it is conditioning that can make me to not ever want to come back.   I've played a course where the 'greens' are simply tighter cut grass here locally (not sure worth mentioning the name. They weren't pretending to be anything better - $9 for the round). But of course, it was clear after the first hole that I had overpayed.. lol.  Although @mattm16, I would feel like an absolutely spoilt brat complaining about anything I've ever played looking at your 'course' pics. hah  
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Bruce1958
      Bruce1958
      (63 years old)
    2. CTgolferman17
      CTgolferman17
      (52 years old)
    3. Hackinandwhackin
      Hackinandwhackin
      (30 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...