IGNORED

Brooks-Bryson Feud

ncates00
Note: This thread is 883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

• Funny 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

• Funny 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, Shorty said:

I am sure that all of the kids in Bryson's DIY frathouse are giggling themselves to sleep over this.

Frat House is exactly what I thought of watching the BDC Video.  Oh, and I also I could just imagine my wife saying "Don't dent the woodwork" as they putted around the house.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

4 hours ago, Shorty said:

There's about as much chance of that happening as Tiger winning another major. Because of BK's personality, the only way he will win is by winning tournaments and ignoring BDC. He's playing into his hands.

I am sure that all of the kids in Bryson's DIY frathouse are giggling themselves to sleep over this.

All BK has do is link to Bryson's bizarre videos.

You are being brutal to both sides and I like it.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

You reckon they’re making a run at the $40m player incentive money by playing all this up?

2 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

You reckon they’re making a run at the $40m player incentive money by playing all this up?

I'm sure they aren't doing that intentionally (and I know you're joking) but it is certainly the kind of thing that will add value and make people tune in rather than watching a vanilla player with a great game and an unwillingness to share his personality. 

Strange as it seems, the game probably needs this kind of stuff -  or at least can benefit from it.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator

I don’t think he’s joking.

10 hours ago, KMP said:

In my opinion, DC is a pompous ass and much of his behavior is calculated for his "brand". The guy probably wears the Hogan cap so he had something on which to base his logo. His act probably wears thin on a large number of guys on the Tour. I have not previously cared for BK but I approve of his honesty in saying exactly what many people are likely thinking. 

To each their own. I really think BDC personality is more genuine than BKs tough guy, IDGAS act. BDC is a weird dude with a different type of mind for sure but it’s the way he is all the time IMO. They’ve both done/said things that aren’t the best look. 

I like both guys as golfers. 

I wonder if either have good friendships with other tour players?

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think BK genuinely dislikes BDC and doesn't feel like concealing it. I don't think he's cynically exploiting the "rivalry" to make money, even though it may end up working out that way. :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Shorty said:

I think BK genuinely dislikes BDC and doesn't feel like concealing it. I don't think he's cynically exploiting the "rivalry" to make money, even though it may end up working out that way. :-)

I absolutely think it’s one of the reasons.

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

Haha I’m just throwing it out there. On the one hand, it began before the program. On the other, they’re playing it up a bit with the back and forth. Moreover, that video was seen like 9m times in 24 hours—the same number of times as Tiger tapping in for his latest Masters. So, there’s certainly some financial incentive here. Whether it’s intentional or not, I’m not sure. 

Let's see,

PGA Championship

Brooks Koepka = Tied for 2nd place

Bryson (sa) De Shambles = Tied for 38th place

No wonder BD is trying to get to BK, he's jealous of his success!

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

I would believe financial incentive is one of the reasons but both seem like the kind of people who don't really need that motivation to act this way. My guess is that whoever is managing their media presence is just telling them they are fine because the clicks and attention are good rather than discouraging them acting like overgrown high schoolers because it doesn't look professional. What that says about our society etc etc.

This is turning into social media theater. The more intention they get, the more followers, the more everything. It will have its shelf life and then we will be on to something else.  At some point in time, they will both be laughing at us. But in the meantime, it sure is entertaining. Pair them up and let them go at the British. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator

• Funny 2

5 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Pair them up and let them go at the British. 

I like that idea, 

Duel it out! 

Desert Cowboys GIF by Adventure Communist

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Note: This thread is 883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!