IGNORED

Game Golf Past and Present (June 2021)

iacas

7 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

You can read my impressions so far here

I am watching that thread.  Just in wait & see mode

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It’s been a month or two since I last played, but I took Classic out for a spin, and it worked just fine. The data was able to transfer from my device using my computer as well. 

1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

It’s been a month or two since I last played, but I took Classic out for a spin, and it worked just fine. The data was able to transfer from my device using my computer as well. 

Can you share some information about your computer, such as OS?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I’ve been using Live paired with my iPhone without major issue the last 10 rounds or so. I’ve been starting the device, then pairing to the app so I can use the GPS if needed. Occasionally, the app will not know what hole I’m on for distances or I have to manually go to that hole. However, at the end, I’m able to edit the round on my phone with no issues. I then can open the round on my iPad and edit further if needed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, Shindig said:

Can you share some information about your computer, such as OS?

Certainly. This computer is pretty old—it’s a MacBook Pro, mid-2012, with High Sierra. Maybe it works because it’s a dinosaur? Haha 

15 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Certainly. This computer is pretty old—it’s a MacBook Pro, mid-2012, with High Sierra. Maybe it works because it’s a dinosaur? Haha 

I have an iMac from 2011 that still works! Maybe that’s a key to why people are having issues.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Guys, again, the Transfer app may stop working at any time, because it's not supported beyond OSes that are like four years old or newer.

If it works, I can only think it's still working only because it uses the same pathway as uploading via your phone (and a Live device)… which, if true, is frustrating how much slower uploads via your phone occur than how they occur through the computer.

Why does it take MINUTES to upload a round via the phone?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 7/22/2021 at 11:57 AM, RFKFREAK said:

I wonder if i can use the battery that's in classic...or maybe I'll just go back to using that device

I found my old Classic unit and opened it up. The battery/plug is the same as the original one in my Live unit.

Edited by KoHo
meh...
  • Like 1

I want to compliment Game Golf's customer service.  I wrote to them about the issue and they had me send them some log files from my computer.  From these, they were able to upload my three rounds that went missing.   

One course appeared to be missing graphically from the desktop version (GPS tags appear, but not the course imagery).  I told GG support about this issue less than half an hour ago and it's already fixed.  

I'm still going to try to upload my next round via mobile to see how that works.  I might have to force myself to go play tomorrow or something ;-) 

Overall, I'm impressed with how GameGolf handled this.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I just checked, and it looks like 5 of my 7 lost rounds are now on there, too. Missing 2 others, which is strange. What's the e-mail you used, @Shindig?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

@DeadMan, I wrote to support@gamegolf.com 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

Ok, my missing rounds from earlier in July are now loaded. I had given up and did not use it the past 2 weeks.

Edited by StuM

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I can confirm classic transfer app is working.  The should charge us an annual "maintenance fee" for updating the classic app.  That would fix any cost issues.  Like I said I'd pay 20 to 50 bucks a year to have access to my data.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, MattM said:

I can confirm classic transfer app is working.  The should charge us an annual "maintenance fee" for updating the classic app.  That would fix any cost issues.  Like I said I'd pay 20 to 50 bucks a year to have access to my data.

They’re done updating that. Even Live has Bluetooth.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, iacas said:

They’re done updating that. Even Live has Bluetooth.

Huh?  I just talked to them on Friday.  They fixed the issue and it works now.  You can load your rounds now,

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, MattM said:

Huh?  I just talked to them on Friday.  They fixed the issue and it works now.  You can load your rounds now,

That’s got nothing to do with what I said.

They’re not updating the app.

The desktop one.

• Administrator
Just now, MattM said:

That's fine as long as they keep fixing it so it works...

I wouldn't count on it at all. They didn't support the Transfer app on desktop OSes three years ago. They're not going to start doing it now. However long it works, that's all bonus time.