2021 Ryder Cup  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2021 Ryder Cup?

• Europe
    • U.S.A.
    • Tied (Europe Retains)

• Administrator
1 minute ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Ok 3-1 USA. However well we did in 1st session. The up coming 4 ball is huge. US must win at least 2 matches. Who should sit for the US? Spieth? Thomas? Berger? DJ? Brooks?  In my opinion this upcoming session is the difference maker. 

Even 1.5 points becomes a 4.5 to 3.5 lead.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good start for the US, really. 3-1 is great for them in foursomes. Keep the lead after the afternoon sessions, 

You probably need to sit Berger after he leaked oil coming in for the finish. Other than that, maybe you sit JT? He didn't have a great morning. You definitely need to send Cantlay and Xander out there again. Foursomes should be a big advantage for the US, but who knows.

12 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I do not like the afternoon pairings. 

Interesting, why not? 

I thought Stricker did a nice job of riding his best players while getting everyone involved. My only (minor) quibble was that I might have put Morikawa with Schauffele, instead of DJ. 

I also don't think Thomas looked his best in the morning foursome, but given his impressive Ryder Cup performance in France, I think it makes sense to put him out there for a second session with Cantlay.

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

I also don't think Thomas looked his best in the morning

Agree here !!!
JT should be benched and spend some time on the Putting Green IMO....

Cantlay should have stayed paired with Xander . Thomas should have sat for the afternoon session. I suppose I should have said I don’t like half the pairings.  Curious what Scheffler will do. 

I’m not sure the teams really make that much difference in fourball. Just get your best players out there and let them play their own ball. Matters a lot more for foursomes. 

Edited by DeadMan

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadMan said:

I’m not sure the teams really make that much difference in fourball. Just get your best players out there and let them play their own ball. Matters a lot more for foursomes. 

Yeah, except the chemistry stuff, which does matter. You can cheer a guy on, know what to say to him, etc.

I've gone a few ways on this, and I think chemistry does matter. It's not a huge deal, but it can be enough to affect a shot here and there, and that is enough to affect a match.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, GolfLug said:

What no Spieth in the afternoon?? In addition to glory shot he played solid. Would have kept him rolling.

He probably needed to ice his knees after that downhill run!

• Funny 1

Watching with my wife, a casual yet knowledgeable fan. I've never seen her so excited, she just said that this is better than any major, and it feels like the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

He probably needed to ice his knees after that downhill run!

Bwahaha...that was fun as hell! JT owes him an apology for ruining it.

JT better cash in the afternoon gift.