IGNORED

2021 (2020) Ryder Cup

jmanbooyaa
Note: This thread is 802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2021 Ryder Cup  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2021 Ryder Cup?

• Europe
    • U.S.A.
    • Tied (Europe Retains)

I just read an article that said all but one spot is known for Stickers picks. Can’t wait to find out who makes the team.  Any thoughts on pairings? I know tough since team is not fully formed. Calling the Thomas/Speith pairing. No brainer for Stricker. It is all but set. 

:cobra: UL stand Bag
:ping: G425 Max
 :ping: hybrid G15 20 * 
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

:vokey:54*
:tmade: High Toe 58*

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport

:clicgear:

On 8/30/2021 at 10:57 PM, klineka said:

Based on what logic? 

All around Harris English is a better golfer than both Horschel and Kisner, and it's not even really that close honestly.

English is the only one out of the 3 who has positive strokes gained in all 3 areas of tee to green this season (strokes gained off the tee, strokes gained, approach, and strokes gained around the green)

English is also ranked higher in strokes gained putting than both of them too.

English hits it further off the tee than both of them too. (299 yds vs 294 for horschel and 289 for kisner)

And you're choosing both of them over Xander too?? Xander is better tee to green than English is, and only a slightly worse putter than English, so the gap between Xander and Horschel/Kisner is even bigger than the gap between English and Horschel/Kisner.

Plus Xander averages 307 off the tee, which is further than English, further than Finau and only 1 yd behind Rahm, both of who are pretty widely known for their distance too. 

I'm just really struggling to understand what logic and facts lead you to believe Horschel and Kisner would give the US a greater chance of winning than Xander and English.

I think he likes Horschel and Kisner because they have proven themselves as great matchplay players. Horschel reigning WGC matchplay champion and Kisner with a 1st and a 2nd in the last 3 WGC matchplay events. Not choosing the reigning world champion in matchplay for your RC team would be pretty crazy don't you think? Regardless of what the strokes gained stats say. 

Edited by Troy Ocker

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

English, Scheffler, Na. Solid. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

When are picks actually made? I've done some searching and it says "less than a week after the Tour championship" and stuff, but when specifically?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

When are picks actually made? I've done some searching and it says "less than a week after the Tour championship" and stuff, but when specifically?

Stricker is naming them on Wednesday.

• Informative 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Stricker is naming them on Wednesday.

I feel like that's some weird state secret or something. 🙂 I only looked for a few minutes, but you'd think that information would be a bit easier to find.

Thank you.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas you are not alone on that. Nowhere did I see when the picks would be made. Must be top secret since we lost the cup the committee must be keeping close to the vest. 

Captains picks are in

• Informative 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

I think those are good picks. I wonder what happens if Brooks cannot play because of his wrist injury - who does Stricker go with then? 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Wow so he went with Scheffler.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Never3putt said:

Olympics likely had some strong bonus points for him.

Highly doubtful. 😄

Seeing as he didn’t go to them.

• Funny 1

6 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I think those are good picks. I wonder what happens if Brooks cannot play because of his wrist injury - who does Stricker go with then? 

I'd guess either Reed or Na.  Not sure how bad Brooks' injury is, but I hope he can make a call early enough, one way or the other.

I think Scheffler is someone Stricker will put with Bryson. 

I don’t think Brooks misses The Ryder Cup. 

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Highly doubtful. 😄

Seeing as he didn’t go to them.

LOL....my bad....I was reading "Schauffele"....duh!  

Note: This thread is 802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!