IGNORED

How Are Contacts in Your Phone?

iacas
Note: This thread is 946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Phone Contacts  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which most closely describes how most people are listed in your phone?

• Title Firstname Lastname (i.e. "Mr. Erik Barzeski")
    • Firstname Lastname ("Erik Barzeski")
    • Firstname ("Erik")
    • Nickname Combo ("Erik Golf")
    • Nickname ("Doodyhead")
    • Something Else

• Administrator

I'm a "Mrs. Carey Barzeski" even for my wife type of person. A few people have the nickname field filled out, and many have avatars/profile pics. If they're a Dr., that is their title, and I just have to remember whether they identify as male or female. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm pretty anal retentive about having first/last name for all my contacts. I have a lot of work related contacts from when I worked as a consultant, so I like to make sure the company field is filled out. If I need additional context for a contact, I will put it in parentheses with their first name, e.g., Todd (electrician), or Mike (golf), etc.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

It’s almost an even split between Firstname Lastname and Nickname Combo for me, with a random splattering of contacts I’ve been sent from other people that are formatted their way because I never bothered to change it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Mostly First and Last Name. If it's someone I want to remember associated with a business it might be like Jay (Henderson Construction). 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Mostly firstname lastname.  No titles;  if I did, somewhere between a third and a half of my active contacts would have the prefix Dr. and that would just be confusing.  A few are in there as pseudonyms;  even though no one goes through my phone, it's just in case as I don't think they'd want their personal number getting released through my carelessness.   A few are missing last names, usually if I don't know that information about them for some reason, and a few have reminders if I only sort of know them or if there are two or more people I know with the same first-name last-name combination.  

Scrolling through the contact list, I have a ton of people I haven't had any communication with, phone or otherwise, in over a decade.  

The only time I have ever known how I'm stored in someone else's phone was back in college when I, at some point, found out that my then-girlfriend had me stored in her phone as "Bozo." 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

First name, last name for the most part. There are a couple from The Sand Trap that I have their username for last name.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Typically First, Last but still frequently I will use first name with qualifier (similar option 4) as in “Amy - work” vs “Amy - church” or something like that, like @Colins69 was saying. 

as type “A” as I am, I just realized that I’m not super consistent on this. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

13 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

I'm pretty anal retentive about having first/last name for all my contacts. I have a lot of work related contacts from when I worked as a consultant, so I like to make sure the company field is filled out. If I need additional context for a contact, I will put it in parentheses with their first name, e.g., Todd (electrician), or Mike (golf), etc.

This is mine also.

11 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Mostly First and Last Name. If it's someone I want to remember associated with a business it might be like Jay (Henderson Construction). 

This is mine also

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

My colleagues are company name then their name and in certain cases their role/department/deal etc.  Most others are first name and a reference.  I also tend to put the place they live in, especially with colleagues and golf buddies.  I rarely use surnames but will occasionally do that when necessary

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Note: This thread is 946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!