IGNORED

TST Explores the ShotScope H4 (Stats Tracking Device) and Pro LX Rangefinder

iacas

• Administrator

I think it's for waterproofing (to some degree).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@iacas

ShotScope "Strokes Gained" stuff. I'm going to go out on a limb, but I'm going to say that the handicap comparison is for the male golfer. Because if I compare my official, and yes it's GHIN approved 16.8, against a 15, I really suck except I'm better at putting. Basically I'm about 6 strokes worse than a 15 handicap golfer.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

18 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

ShotScope "Strokes Gained" stuff. I'm going to go out on a limb, but I'm going to say that the handicap comparison is for the male golfer.

I would email support for clarification.

18 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

Because if I compare my official, and yes it's GHIN approved 16.8, against a 15, I really suck except I'm better at putting. Basically I'm about 6 strokes worse than a 15 handicap golfer.

Remember, too, that strokes != differential and your index is based on your best 8/20 scores. I’m a 13 index and I lose 1.46 strokes to a 15 on ShotScope.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I would email support for clarification.

Remember, too, that strokes != differential and your index is based on your best 8/20 scores. I’m a 13 index and I lose 1.46 strokes to a 15 on ShotScope.

I also know that there is a 6.5 stroke differential between men and women's combined rating/slope on the course I predominantly play.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

8 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

I also know that there is a 6.5 stroke differential between men and women's combined rating/slope on the course I predominantly play.

Yea it’s entirely possible that you’re correct, but you’re going to get a more definitive answer if you ask them 😃

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Completed first nine holes with it first try was a bust as I left the unit on after a full charge without turning it off for awhile and arrived at the course with barely a charge. First lesson learned turn it off, captain obvious. 

The course search didn’t display the name or any details so just trusted it to work. Does it actually show the name?

Didn’t like clipping it anywhere on belt I just feel it there and it throws me off so just took it out of back pocket. You can’t do a tag if there is a layer of cloth blocking it it seems. 

I swore I tagged most 2 putts when on green and then did the pin collect but more than a few times it missed the finishing putt. 

The app took a little getting used to there are quirks like all apps but figured out how to edit without too many problems the YT vids help. They’re a bit wordy and I just skipped around to get to the stuff I wanted. 

Overall pretty easy to use I just gotta figure out a comfortable and easy access place to put it while playing. 

The tags seem to stay on club ok but I’ll use silicon when I get a chance. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Completed first nine holes with it first try was a bust as I left the unit on after a full charge without turning it off for awhile and arrived at the course with barely a charge. First lesson learned turn it off, captain obvious. 

You can set a default automatic shut off.    Take care to give it enough time to finish your round before it shuts off.  

• Informative 2

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Does it actually show the name?

Yes.

Give it a minute or two to figure out where you are and what courses are nearby.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

An unexpected added benefit is I can look at tag and not mistake a 6I for a 9I. 

• Funny 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I've never actually done that. But apparently that's a thing. 

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

You can set a default automatic shut off.    Take care to give it enough time to finish your round before it shuts off.  

I did not know that.

Good tip. I'm going to check that out.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I think my med have devices mixed.   I believe my Bushnell Phantom has that feature and not the H4.   I'm sorry.

What if you pick it up and see I6 and think oh they’re European, maybe they put the letter first 😉

• Funny 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

8 minutes ago, billchao said:

What if you pick it up and see I6 and think oh they’re European, maybe they put the letter first 😉

The "i" is lower case. So assuming you get that right-side-up, the number should be easy enough to figure out. 

Again, I really didn't know this was a thing. Maybe everyone should consider putting a different color grip on their six iron... or iron six for you Euros out there. 🤪

2 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

The "i" is lower case. So assuming you get that right-side-up, the number should be easy enough to figure out. 

Is it? I was just busting @nevets88’s chops.

Bill

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

Is it? I was just busting @nevets88’s chops.

I know. I was just being "that guy". 

BTW - I just took a survey that Shot Scope emailed me.

Did you get that email? 

22 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

BTW - I just took a survey that Shot Scope emailed me.

Did you get that email? 

I just completed the survey

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to really like this.

I played another round today in which I didn't really need to edit much after the round. 

I did have to go back and add "positional" to about 3 or 4 shots. I also had to show that a tee-shot was lost in the water, and I had to add the penalty. But other than that, it picked up every shot and didn't "miss" any shots and it didn't confuse any shots. 

The only thing I have trouble with on the course is marking a shot as positional and properly putting in penalties when my ball goes in a penalty area. When I hit OB, it seems somewhat easier to put that in when on the course. But sometimes I'll still do that post round.

12 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I did have to go back and add "positional" to about 3 or 4 shots.

I wish Shotscope could add a function on the watch or belt device for in-round marking of positional shots. I often forget to tag them in the post-round editor. It seems like you could have a menu option for a positional shot, kind of like in the penalty menu there is a selection for marking a shot as provisional before you hit it.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1