IGNORED

TST Explores the ShotScope H4 (Stats Tracking Device) and Pro LX Rangefinder

iacas

I have noticed it real slow acquiring GPS before a round even gif courses I have saved.  Maybe I need to update them.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, StuM said:

... even gif courses I have saved.  

Stu, man, you gotta stop playing those gif courses. 🤪

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

It takes a few minutes. I don’t even know what you are all talking about with saving courses. 😀

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don’t even know what you are all talking about with saving courses. 😀

I'm pretty sure its like saving the whales. 👍😁👍

• Funny 1

23 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Stu, man, you gotta stop playing those gif courses. 🤪

I really need to either learn to type or update my spell check.  "for" turns into "gif" all too often.

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

It takes a few minutes. I don’t even know what you are all talking about with saving courses. 😀

I may have used bad terminolgy.  The SS manual calls it "Subscribing" and is supposed to make sure you always have the most up to date map for a course.  I've recently had it take 10+ minutes to identify my league course after selecting "GPS & Track".  It eventually gets its, but it is not the minute or so that I have gotten used to. 

Edited by StuM

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

47 minutes ago, StuM said:

I have noticed it real slow acquiring GPS before a round even gif courses I have saved.  Maybe I need to update them.

It’s seems to vary from course to course. Some take 15 minutes. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think I've had the H4 for about a year, and overall I'm really pleased. I've figured out what I need to do on the course to make reviewing and editing the round afterwards easier. The data is great - it's really detailed and a huge improvement over Game Golf.

There are a few negatives I've noticed:

• It frequently takes a long time for my phone and H4 to connect over bluetooth to upload rounds. It seems like it's mostly an app issue, because the app takes a while to load for me.
  • Sometimes, the H4 turns on with what seems like a light button touch. I've found it at home turned on at random times. I just have to remember to charge it the night before the round and it's fine. And sometimes when it's charging, it vibrates for some reason I can't figure out.
  • Battery life isn't great. It lasts 18 holes no problem, but another 9 is pushing it. 36 is not happening without a new charge.

These are all pretty minor, and I'm very happy with the unit and everything at goes with it. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

If it’s taking 10 to 15 minutes then you guys are probably going inside or wearing it under your bellies or something.

It took me less than two minutes yesterday and under a minute today and we aren’t playing golf courses that we’ve ever played before.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

33 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

It frequently takes a long time for my phone and H4 to connect over bluetooth to upload rounds. It seems like it's mostly an app issue, because the app takes a while to load for me.

I have an Android and I also have a very difficult time getting my phone and the H4 to sync.      I initially thought that my computer, TV, router, etc. were a problem and went as far as going outside far enough away from the router to sync the H4 with my phone.   I found that if I turn on the Wifi, Location, and Bluetooth it helps.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

If it’s taking 10 to 15 minutes then you guys are probably going inside or wearing it under your bellies or something.

It took me less than two minutes yesterday and under a minute today and we aren’t playing golf courses that we’ve ever played before.

Mine usually connects to the GPS within a minute.    I've never had difficulty with the GPS.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

4 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

think I've had the H4 for about a year, and overall I'm really pleased

I've been using it about the same length of time and I am very happy with it.  I belive my old Game Golf was easier to tag because of the way the unit had an angle on the unit but otherwise I like the SS better.

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

f it’s taking 10 to 15 minutes then you guys are probably going inside or wearing it under your bellies or something.

Did you just fat shame me? 😜

I usually use the magnet to hold it to the metal post on the cart along the windshield or in my pocket.

9 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Mine usually connects to the GPS within a minute.    I've never had difficulty with the GPS.

That is what I experienced last year, just this year seems slower and occasionally needs to be reset to lock in.  I guess I should call SS Support.

11 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I have an Android and I also have a very difficult time getting my phone and the H4 to sync. 

I have few,if any, issues syncing to my iPhone.

Stuart M.

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

It frequently takes a long time for my phone and H4 to connect over bluetooth to upload rounds. It seems like it's mostly an app issue, because the app takes a while to load for me.

I run into this occasionally. Sometimes I have to hit the connect icon a couple of times.

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Battery life isn't great. It lasts 18 holes no problem, but another 9 is pushing it. 36 is not happening without a new charge.

I have played 36 holes on consecutive days without charging in between before. I have also had it die on the 34th hole or so. I’ve gotten into the habit of making sure it’s fully charged between rounds.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

It’s seems to vary from course to course. Some take 15 minutes. 

I’ve never had this happen before. We played today in cloudy weather and kind of rushed to tee off because we asked the starter if we could play early. I turned on the unit before I walked on the tee box, hit GPS + track, then set it down on the marker. By the time I hit my drive and went to pick it up it had already found the course and I was able to tag my shot before walking off the box.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I was going to monitor how long my SS took to load my course yesterday and was planning to take a picture to get a time-stamp of when I sharted loaded.  But, the GPS Tracking loaded so quick I did not even get time to take a picture of it.  I swear, it was like 15 seconds.  I clicked to "GPS & Track", grabbed my phone and opened the camera and it had already locked in on the course.  Can't complaine about that.

Stuart M.

34 minutes ago, StuM said:

... when I sharted loaded. ...

Stu, I couldn't pay attention to your post. 

All I could think of is "Why is Stu telling us about his shart loading?" 

💩🤷‍♂️

seinfeld-shart.gif.4c1168ac34b706da262fd56c2001e09e.gif

Edited by ChetlovesMer
  • Funny 3

Mine was quick on Monday. I started it up in the parking lots and it loaded in a few seconds. And I did not shart.😜

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

17 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Mine was quick on Monday. I started it up in the parking lots and it loaded in a few seconds. And I did not shart.😜

Mine was fine yesterday. I started it when I got to the first tee and it loaded before it was my turn to hit. 

BTW - ... I didn't shart either. ... But it's also been a while since I've had Taco Bell. 🤪

• Funny 3

My Arccos sub is about to renew and I'm thinking I will cancel it and go with ShotScope. Arccos more expensive than I'd like and misses the mark on a lot of things.

Have any of you given up on the H4 or most are happy with it? I'm not sure about having to either wear it on my belt where I'll have to remove it to see the GPS or throw it on my bag and have to remove it every time I get to the green to use pin collect, seems a bit awkward on the green. How do you carry your H4? 

I may just have to try to get used to wearing a watch.

:whistle:

32 minutes ago, jshots said:

My Arccos sub is about to renew and I'm thinking I will cancel it and go with ShotScope. Arccos more expensive than I'd like and misses the mark on a lot of things.

Have any of you given up on the H4 or most are happy with it? I'm not sure about having to either wear it on my belt where I'll have to remove it to see the GPS or throw it on my bag and have to remove it every time I get to the green to use pin collect, seems a bit awkward on the green. How do you carry your H4? 

I may just have to try to get used to wearing a watch.

I am very happy with the H4 and have no plans to stop using it.

I do not like it on my belt.  It might have to do with my waistline or my shirts but I often get some of my shirt caught between the GPS unit and the belt clip after checking yardage and have almost lost it more than once.  Therefore I just keep it in my pocket.  My pre-shot routine is to pull it out, check yardage, select club, tag club, return unit to pocket.  It does not take long and is simple.

As for tagging putts, the only issue I have with it, a very minor issue, is sometimes I forget to pull it out and tag on short tap-ins or if my opponent gives me the putt.  But that is not a big deal and easy to fix in editing the round.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

37 minutes ago, StuM said:

I am very happy with the H4 and have no plans to stop using it.

I do not like it on my belt.  It might have to do with my waistline or my shirts but I often get some of my shirt caught between the GPS unit and the belt clip after checking yardage and have almost lost it more than once.  Therefore I just keep it in my pocket.  My pre-shot routine is to pull it out, check yardage, select club, tag club, return unit to pocket.  It does not take long and is simple.

As for tagging putts, the only issue I have with it, a very minor issue, is sometimes I forget to pull it out and tag on short tap-ins or if my opponent gives me the putt.  But that is not a big deal and easy to fix in editing the round.

Actually that sounds like the way I would like to use it, I assumed you might have GPS issues if it was in the pocket.

:whistle: