IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

I hope you're only expecting a little bit more forgiveness because the club specs are very close to the 850 Forged are targeted at 6-16 cappers and the 54's are 0-12.

I would agree. The main difference I see in them is my mishits maintain their distance where as my 52's would die on distance on my mishits and be more than a club short.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

I hope you're only expecting a little bit more forgiveness because the club specs are very close to the 850 Forged are targeted at 6-16 cappers and the 54's are 0-12.

That might just be enough! [quote name="n8dogg2669" url="/t/12154/what-did-you-buy-on-your-last-trip-to-the-golf-store/2790#post_1121509"] I would agree. The main difference I see in them is my mishits maintain their distance where as my 52's would die on distance on my mishits and be more than a club short. [/quote] That'll do for me! Just going off the design alone, the 850f looks like it offers a bit more help than the 54's, and seems like a middle ground between the mp and the jpx, which I'm thinking should be about right as I aim to improve my 18hc this year

Gaz Lee

Went to golfsmith today (I betrayed you golf galaxy, there was too much traffic downtown)  and got some new decade multicompound golf pride grips (red white and blue ones) on all my clubs but my 52 and 56 degree. I also got a blue super stroke fat putter grip. Got too tired of the slick stock grips I had even though I only had them for like 2 months. I was planning on picking up a bunch of golf balls too but decided not to. Hoping to go to golf galaxy this weekend and stocking on some golf balls but not sure what kind :/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Found an Academy open today and bought some Taylormade tour preferred balls, a fancy towel, some tees, and some new Titleist perma soft gloves.

Have a tournament round tomorrow and went to make sure I had all my clubs and all and looked and only had 2 balls, 3 torn gloves, a couple tees, and I couldn't find like a face towel. Started to panic and ran to Academy real quick before they closed and picked up the essentials.

Anyone else play TM tp balls btw? I tried some bridgestone balls, pro v1's, and a few others but I seem to like these balls the best!

My last 2 club purchases were of the 'point and click' variety! I misjudged the cold wind this morning and I was slightly underdressed for the round so I picked up a pretty sweet pullover windbreaker at the pro-shop.

Lucky you. I played a 36 hole tourney at Crown Pointe in Farmington on Good Friday. Hour and a half south of my house and a good 15 degrees colder. I was under dressed for the cold/wind and of course nothing in the pro shop bigger than XL. I would have paid triple the asking price for one of the FJ rain jackets they had if I could have made it fit.

Went to the PGA Tour Superstore to buy a hat - which they didn't have - and walked out with a slightly used Ping G25 for $105.  When I went to Golfsmith to buy the hat - which they had - and saw that they had several marked $230 and up.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

My 3 wood shaft broke on my old sonartec last week on the range. Bought a callaway x2hot 3 wood with the adilda tour blue stiff shaft. I hit the callaway optiforce also, kinda liked the head of the optiforce better but decided that the x2hot should be more playable on the course...will write a review after some playing time. Put my standard golf pride tour wrap jumbo grip on it as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Miura black wedges 52, 56 and 60 degree. All pured with TT DG S300 Plus Miura HB3 hybrid with Fubuki AX400h shaft, pured. Waiting for the customisation to be complete and clubs to be delivered. Taking a gamble on the black as currently have the Miura Satin wedges. Decided on the change as wanted to add a gap wedge but Miura have changed the lofts of their satin wedges to be odd degrees

50 and 56 Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin wedges. Can't wait to use these babies tomorrow.

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

Almost got a set of irons, but the store's price was too far above the PGA Valueguide retail price and their offer on my tradein clubs was about half, so I passed on the irons. Then I found a new old stock Ping putter on discount so I got that instead. I've been trying out different putters for a few months everytime I went into a store and kept coming back to the Karsten 1959 Craz-e, and now I've got it.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

Got a set of Cobra S2 forged irons, a Kuro Kage silver stiff shaft for my driver and a new callaway bag :D

TM RBZ Stage 2 9.5* Kuro Kage Silver 60s
TM V-Steel 13* 3w
Callaway BB Heavenwood 3H 20*
Cobra S2 Forged Irons
Callaway Forged Copper Wedges 52*-58*
Oddysey White hot #1

You don't want to know.... geez, my swing speed is now mid to high 90's so I had to trade all my woods in that were R flex....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Picked up a Tad Moore Pro-1X putter.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Ordered a Callaway X2 Hot 3 hybrid pro for $82 at Rock Bottom Golf last night. :beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Got a Taylormade Jetspeed HL 3W from Global Golf open box site. Came wrapped in original plastic. Fills in gap in my set. Used it today and love it.

I checked my eBay watch list after a couple of drinks and pulled the trigger on a set of Ping Zing 2 irons 4-SW listed in value condition for a price that you would expect to pay for an old beat-up set of these.  Proceeded to spend the week regretting doing that as I really could use the money a lot more than I need more golf clubs.  Well they came today and...OMG awesome!  Original G Loomis G382 graphite shafts with original Ping CORD grips in a condition that ranks somewhere between "fine" and "museum quality"!!   Bad decision turns into epic win.