IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

Sim 2 Max driver, Mavrick hybrid, Sun Mountain eco lite golf bag, new North Coast gloves and True Original 1.2 members addition. March is always fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

On 3/27/2024 at 8:11 AM, iacas said:

I am a coach/instructor/teacher, so while there will be fun ahead… it's mostly for work. Which can be fun, too. 😄 

I'll likely bring it with me to Ohio. But also… you'll see it here when you visit for a lesson. And… this ends Friday:

Ahh ok gotcha, that does sounds like it could be a pretty enjoyable job. I'm glad you're able to do something you enjoy.

• Like 1

Novice golfer seeking to learn and improve.

Over the last few weeks. Taylormade Stealth 2 driver and 3 hybrid, some Snell Prime X's, Mevo Flight Scope, a clippy thing to hold your phone while using Mevo, Titleist hybrid 14 stand bag and a Bag Boy push cart. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

55 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Over the last few weeks. Taylormade Stealth 2 driver and 3 hybrid, some Snell Prime X's, Mevo Flight Scope, a clippy thing to hold your phone while using Mevo, Titleist hybrid 14 stand bag and a Bag Boy push cart. 

Just tried my Taylor made 4 hybrid rescue. Wow!

Easiest 200 yard club I ever used. 

• Thumbs Up 1

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

5,6,7,8,9,pw,S,gap,60 cobra ltdx 

sabertooth putter

12 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

Just tried my Taylor made 4 hybrid rescue. Wow!

Easiest 200 yard club I ever used. 

I was just down visiting family in southern California and we played a couple rounds of golf. I hit my ball into the deep rough near some tree's and my cousin's husband offered me his Sim 2 Rescue Hybrid to try out. And I felt the same way, wow! I loved it, it also had a Pure DTX grip on it which I loved. As soon as I got back home, I ended up buying two used Calloway Rogue X hybrids, 3 and 5. So far I've only tested them out at the range, but I love them. They're much more forgiving than irons for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Committing to one brand of ball this year - Snell MTB Prime X, the 5 doz. pack. Like how they perform for me. At $18/doz., can live with cover scuffing.

Iron regripping with GolfPrice MCC+4 Teams std. in red/navy.

May be retiring Odyssey Dual Force after 30 yrs. Seems like I can't get it to the hole anymore. Kind of light and has lots of toe hang. My reg. group's hounding finally wore me down.   
From Callaway preowned - trying out the Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K in double wide (less toe hang) and triple wide (face balanced). Both also noticeably heavier...we shall see.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 7:47 AM, klineka said:

Bought a new driver headcover and a Rhoback crew neck from the golf podcast No Laying Up a few weeks ago and just ordered the FS-01 Members Only shoe/gift set last night.

How do you like the Rhoback stuff?  I have seen several things I like but it has been hard for me to justify the price.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Fwiw. I try and hit up as many pro shops as I can in Nov. Here in New England I can get a seasons worth of casual to up scale attire on the cheap. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

16 hours ago, TN94z said:

How do you like the Rhoback stuff?  I have seen several things I like but it has been hard for me to justify the price.

I'm a big fan.

I have 4 polos, a hoodie, a crewneck, a quarter-zip, and a vest by them and it's all been great. The collar really does hold its' shape well on the polos, material is stretchy, etc.

The hoodie is by far my favorite hoodie I own, it feels slightly thin at first but is warmer than you'd think. Very soft.

I layer the hoodie or quarter-zip with the vest as my go to golf outfit in this early season time when it's <50 degrees here.

My son also has a polo in the toddler size as well and quality feels the exact same, no issues.

Most of the ones that I have were gifts from my wife for Christmas, birthdays, etc. plus a couple of them are collabs with popular golf media companies I like (Bryan Bros, No Laying Up) so I don't mind supporting them as well.

I'm 6'4" in good shape and I'm right between a L and XL in the polos and XL on everything else. 

In terms of new golf things, I ordered a Ventus Blue TR 8x shaft for my 3 wood to match my driver shaft which is the same but 7x. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

15 hours ago, rocket23 said:

Fwiw. I try and hit up as many pro shops as I can in Nov. Here in New England I can get a seasons worth of casual to up scale attire on the cheap. 

Am I the only one who can't store? Listen to my neighbor, he got a hose for half a cent, bought a new putter at a 30% discount. I always have bad luck when I go shopping(

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, klineka said:

I'm a big fan.

I have 4 polos, a hoodie, a crewneck, a quarter-zip, and a vest by them and it's all been great. The collar really does hold its' shape well on the polos, material is stretchy, etc.

The hoodie is by far my favorite hoodie I own, it feels slightly thin at first but is warmer than you'd think. Very soft.

I layer the hoodie or quarter-zip with the vest as my go to golf outfit in this early season time when it's <50 degrees here.

My son also has a polo in the toddler size as well and quality feels the exact same, no issues.

Most of the ones that I have were gifts from my wife for Christmas, birthdays, etc. plus a couple of them are collabs with popular golf media companies I like (Bryan Bros, No Laying Up) so I don't mind supporting them as well.

I'm 6'4" in good shape and I'm right between a L and XL in the polos and XL on everything else. 

Sounds good. Yes, I do not mind supporting the Bryan Bros. I have followed them since they started and really like their content. You answered all of my questions. Thanks!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Matter of fact I just  switched out my last driver for a pxg 211. Time to sell the Cleveland. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

43 minutes ago, ericperk said:

Am I the only one who can't store? Listen to my neighbor, he got a hose for half a cent, bought a new putter at a 30% discount. I always have bad luck when I go shopping(

I have similar bad luck.  Buy something and am perfectly happy until a friends says "Oh yeah, I found that on sale" or "They just announced a new & improved version".  I just can't seem to win.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

24 minutes ago, StuM said:

I have similar bad luck.  Buy something and am perfectly happy until a friends says "Oh yeah, I found that on sale" or "They just announced a new & improved version".  I just can't seem to win.

Albeit on purpose, I always grab last years must have. This year. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

(edited)
On 2/5/2024 at 12:58 PM, jmanbooyaa said:

Got new wedges. Bought a set of 3 Lazrus wedges. At a 15 handicap I can no longer make the argument I need wedge that costs $149 or higher. $117 for the 3. I also bought 2 dozen Kirkland balls. Same logic. A dozen Cally chrome softs or 2 dozen for $27. I played the wedges and balls Sunday in a blustery 36 degrees. The real test won’t be until around April here on Long Island. 

I know it's only April 1st, but have you had a chance to test out the Lazrus wedges anymore? I am in the same boat, playing hand me down clubs from my grandfather, which are still good but not top of the line by any means. There was only one wedge in there and I really wanted to have another option for a wedge in the bag. Searched around and found out about the Lazrus wedges and decided to give them a try. Based on reviews and price it seemed like a good choice for a novice like me, if they're no good, it's not much money spent. I do understand nicer clubs have better resell value too though. Anyways, they're on order and I am excited to give them a try.

One of the reviews mentions that they took the wedges to a local shop to check the angles and got this reported back:
Lazrus 52 degree wedge - 48 degrees
Lazrus 56 degree wedge - 52 degrees
Lazrus 60 degree wedge - 58 degrees

Edited by retoid
  • Like 1

Trying to justify having three bags of clubs. I have one bag for show one bag for dough and another for the slice in the water. 😃  

conversely I use the refurbished balls more than the new stuff 

• Funny 1

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

10 hours ago, retoid said:

I know it's only April 1st, but have you had a chance to test out the Lazrus wedges anymore? I am in the same boat, playing hand me down clubs from my grandfather, which are still good but not top of the line by any means. There was only one wedge in there and I really wanted to have another option for a wedge in the bag. Searched around and found out about the Lazrus wedges and decided to give them a try. Based on reviews and price it seemed like a good choice for a novice like me, if they're no good, it's not much money spent. I do understand nicer clubs have better resell value too though. Anyways, they're on order and I am excited to give them a try.

One of the reviews mentions that they took the wedges to a local shop to check the angles and got this reported back:
Lazrus 52 degree wedge - 48 degrees
Lazrus 56 degree wedge - 52 degrees
Lazrus 60 degree wedge - 58 degrees

I have been using them. Took the 60* out. No need for it. I did not get the specs checked. The 56 bites really well. Only about 4 rounds with them. No complaints. 

• Like 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear: