IGNORED

Meant to Use 6 Iron, Used a 9. Idiot!

nevets88

13 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I have an attorney friend who mixes up his 6 with his 9.  There's a particular par 4 we play and the ideal shot from the tee is a 5 or 6 iron.  He thinks he's hitting his 6 and when his 9 iron doesn't get very far down the fairway he is incredulous.  Then he realizes what he did.  He's done it now three times on the same hole.

If I'm standing over a 9 iron I recognize it's a lofted club.  There's a 13 degree difference in loft over the 6 iron.  And a 1.5" difference in club length.  Don't know how he does it... he's a fairly smart guy... got through law school.  (Insert lawyer joke here)

Maybe it is a labelling error and they forgot the line under the 6 on his club? Of course it is against the rules to make a club suggestions unless you are his Caddie so you should not remind him to check, that could be construed as giving advice.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

There's a 13 degree difference in loft over the 6 iron.  And a 1.5" difference in club length. 

This is what happens when you don't read the entire thread.  Sorry Erik.  But, OMG, we do think alike.

7 minutes ago, StuM said:

Maybe it is a labelling error and they forgot the line under the 6 on his club? Of course it is against the rules to make a club suggestions unless you are his Caddie so you should not remind him to check, that could be construed as giving advice.

You know, I told Erik I thought it would be cool to order my PXG irons with the even numbers in extreme black and the odd numbers in chrome. 

I just thought it would look cool in your bag, but maybe it would help some folks distinguish between which club is which? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• iacas changed the title to Meant to Use 6 Iron, Used a 9. Idiot!

I wonder if those with single length irons sometimes take the wrong club. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

You know, I told Erik I thought it would be cool to order my PXG irons with the even numbers in extreme black and the odd numbers in chrome. 

I just thought it would look cool in your bag, but maybe it would help some folks distinguish between which club is which? 

I’m starting to worry about you and your color schemes. First split colored balls. Now split colored irons. Was this your favorite Star Trek?

DD84D51F-A3B9-4871-BEC1-3448C6C7ED73.jpeg

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If I'm standing over a 9 iron I recognize it's a lofted club.  There's a 13 degree difference in loft over the 6 iron.  And a 1.5" difference in club length.  Don't know how he does it... he's a fairly smart guy... got through law school.  (Insert lawyer joke here)

Everyone knows there are only 3 real lawyer jokes. The rest are true stories! 🤣

• Funny 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I did the opposite during a round a month ago; used a 9 instead of the intended 6. Bonehead mistake. Fortunately mishit the 9 enough to stay short of the water. I did play a 2nd ball with the 6 that I hit the green with.  

War Eagle!

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the other way around. Chipping around the green grabbed the 6i instead of the 9. Mind went blank and chipped it into the rough.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Not an iron, but grabbed the wrong hybrid....covers for the two (21 and 25 degrees) are clearly marked, but the covers got switched (???)....Teed off on a par three and flew the green. I was super confused until I looked at the bottom of the club and discovered I hit the 21 and not the 25. Will forever check the club before hitting....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

I have a friend who swapped the head covers around on his playing partner's clubs. He struck a well hit 6 iron thinking was a 9 iron, and it went about 100 yards past the green. 

On 8/30/2022 at 11:10 PM, nevets88 said:

First time this happened to me. I dunno how the loft of the clubface at address didn’t alert me let alone the shaft length obviously wasn’t thinking. So it’s 145 yards a par 3 strong wind against so I figure a stock 6 iron because I’m not hitting it well. 

I took the nine and had no idea until I hit it fortunately was only short by 10 yards. If I did hit the 6 I’d be well over the green.  

Anyways, I’ve always thought what idiot would mistake a 9 for a 6? Me. That’s who. 

On a sort of related note in the tv show The Resort, Cristin Miloti threatens someone with with a club and the dude goes don’t hit me with the 9. That cracked me up. 

I am mega organised. All my irons are in head covers, and sit in the same bag compartment all the time. The fact it doesn't seam to matter what iron I use, the ball rarely goes where I want it to