IGNORED

$250 a Dozen Golf Balls

NM Golf

Attomax golf balls...You read correctly, these babies will run you $250 a dozen, just a tad over $20 a ball. I tell you at that price I am looking for my golf ball a lot longer than 3 minutes. 😝

The Attomax golf ball using an amorphous metal alloy has been officially recognized as the world's longest distance golf ball. High-density, Hyper-elastic with Amorphous Metal Powder increases maximum distance and...

Rick Sheils reviewed them here

Thoughts?

Edited by NM Golf
  • Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

So… they're non-conforming, and he hit the Pro V1 farther in a test of ten shots.

Okay then.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

So… they're non-conforming, and he hit the Pro V1 farther in a test of ten shots.

Okay then.

Exactly, and don’t forget the sound they were making off his putter face. 

I think I’ll pass. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Exactly, and don’t forget the sound they were making off his putter face. 

I think I’ll pass. 

You didn’t like that hard tink noise? 😉

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I'll have to remember that price tag if I ever find one in the shrubbery. 

You won't. 😉

• Funny 2

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Okay then.

Haters will say he didn't lean in to as much on the Atto hits..😜 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

I came here to see if they have RFID chips in them.😀

I think the cost of these may be equivalent to what a feathery ball might have cost back in the day. It took a bucket of goose feathers boiled down to make one ball. A skilled person could make 4 balls in a day and it was really not possible to make a truly round feathery. A golfer might get two rounds out of one.

Golf was not historically a game for the common man.

• Thumbs Up 2

52 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

I came here to see if they have RFID chips in them.😀

It says casting layer infused with blended amorphous metal powder. What I am not clear on how does the the 'bounciness' of the metal manifest unless it bounces against something harder. 

The tink sound, especially off driver would give me tinnitus.    

Vishal S.

• Administrator

I like how they cite "amorphous metal" powder as if it's some sort of miracle material.

• Funny 1

52 minutes ago, iacas said:

I like how they cite "amorphous metal" powder as if it's some sort of miracle material.

Over the years I have developed an amorphous physique.

• Funny 1

On 11/10/2022 at 4:22 PM, NM Golf said:

these babies will run you $250 a dozen

Who in their right mind would buy these? For the price of two dozen balls, they can buy the latest model driver and gain 20 yards while hitting more fairways.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Now if this ball had a combination of Urethane/Flubber cover I might buy a dozen.

I was thinking Flubber too!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I was thinking Flubber too!

You are a chemical engineer, right? Did you ever try to replicate the properties of clubbed in your basement? I have only seen the original with Fred MacMurry.

• Funny 1

22 hours ago, billchao said:

Who in their right mind would buy these? For the price of two dozen balls, they can buy the latest model driver and gain 20 yards while hitting more fairways.

It’s a marketing strategy for the golf club manufacturers.  “Don’t worry, honey, I got a great deal on this new driver. Cost me less than two boxes of golf balls.”

• Funny 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Sounds a lot like the "Liquidmetal" amorphous technology used in a line of golf clubs years ago. They even advertised in a similar way, showing how much longer a standard golf ball bounced off the face of a Liquidmetal golf club. You can still find a Liquidmetal golf club or two on Ebay. My guess is that in spite of their impressive demonstration, the clubs performed no better than ordinary metal clubs.

6 hours ago, Carl3 said:

You are a chemical engineer, right? Did you ever try to replicate the properties of clubbed in your basement? I have only seen the original with Fred MacMurry.

I would have tried at work if they wouldn’t have scolded me!

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave