IGNORED

What is "Proper Golf Attire"?

sixiron

Score card read;

Proper golf attire required:

Is that in the rules?                        

What is proper golf attire?
(Which commandment is it)
Who decides what “proper golf attire is”?

Is church attire ok? 
“Cutoffs, tank top, with flip flops”

Does a redneck golfer always have to wear blue jeans, a shirt with no sleeves and a red hat?

Is it unorthodox to golf without a hat on?

Thanks 

Don

• iacas changed the title to What is "Proper Golf Attire"?
  • Administrator

Linking for reference:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, sixiron said:

Is “proper golf attire” actually in the modern rules of golf?

https://www.usga.org/rules/rules-and-clarifications/rules-and-clarifications.html#!ruletype=fr&section=rule&rulenum=1

What you wear (generally) has nothing to do with the Rules of Golf and everything to do with the facility's dress code.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, sixiron said:

Thanks 

why does liv golf allow shorts but not the pga?

I thought they merged?

thanks 
don

Public versus private. Golf sports rules versus how an organization wants its contractors to act and dress. LIV is a totally separate business with its own HR policies on dress code. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, sixiron said:

I thought they merged?

🤦🏼‍♂️

Also, the PGA (of America, or really, any other country) is not the same as the PGA Tour.

Do me and the other 27,000+ PGA members the small favor of getting that right.

And that topic is here:

And you'll find this helpful:

44 minutes ago, sixiron said:

Thanks 

I thought they merged?

thanks 
don

Are you just trolling?

The dress codes of these 2 tours (it's called the PGA Tour, not the PGA, by the way) was enforced long before this "merger", which was announced like a minute ago, without all the details being worked out.  Things such as what happens to the Tour players now being shafted for having held out, or what happens to the LIV players, as far as rejoining the PGA Tour (or DP World Tour) are not clear yet. Never mind the silly debate of shorts vs long pants.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

1 hour ago, sjduffers said:

Are you just trolling?

Yes.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

post-58941-153003902023.jpeg

• Funny 3

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

7" RUSS SOFT BODY BABY BENDABLE #1 GOLFER TROLL YELLOW HAIR & GOLF  CLUB W544 | eBay

• Funny 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

2 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

7" RUSS SOFT BODY BABY BENDABLE #1 GOLFER TROLL YELLOW HAIR & GOLF  CLUB W544 | eBay

Looks like Ian Poulter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

18 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Looks like Ian Poulter.

It's Ian TROLLter! 🤣

• Funny 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I have never understood wearing jeans when playing golf.
And I know people who not only wear jeans, but walk the course.

Just seems like the least comfortable pant option.

• Thumbs Up 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

It's really just going to depend on the course and what standard they want to set if any.  If a course is going to be serious about a dress code, they would be well-advised to post it fairly clearly on their website. 

For instance, Yankee Trace is a municipal course in my area, but a fairly fancy one. Centerville is the sort of place that demands red brick for its gas stations. It probably takes to much digging on their web page to find it, but it shows:

Dress Code

To protect the rights and privileges of all persons at Yankee Trace, proper attire must be always worn on the golf course and on the practice facilities from April 1st through October 31st.

• Golf Course: Work jeans, bathing attire, t-shirts, gym and tennis shorts, cut-offs and short shorts, tank tops, halter tops, and other similar dress are inappropriate. Recommended length of shorts is Bermuda length, approximately 3 inches above the knee. Collared or mock neck shirts are required.
  • Practice facilities: Bathing attire, cut-offs and short shorts, tank tops, halter tops, and other similar dress or offensive language/logos on clothing are inappropriate. Recommended length of shorts is Bermuda length, approximately 3 inches above the knee.

Any guest not in compliance with this policy may be restricted from use of the facilities until properly attired. Ready-to-wear shirts, pants, and shorts are available for sale in the golf shop.

Centerville doesn't do short shorts.

Edited by mcanadiens

Basically, any private business has the right to refuse service to people, as long as it isn't discriminatory.

Can a business refuse customer service? Learn if it is legal for companies to refuse service for not complying with a store’s mask or vaccine requirements.

Summary: A business owner has the right to refuse service as long as he or she does not infringe upon federal or state discrimination laws. Background Across the nation, businesses display and enforce their right to refuse...

When it comes to a golf course, if they require business casual dress code (no jeans, collared shirts, no cargo shorts), they are allowed to deny service to those not wanting to obey those requirements. 

It is not discriminatory to require a certain basic level of dress code at a golf course. A lot of golf courses have relaxed this, allowing jeans, no collared shirts. 

In the end, you get to choose what golf courses you play. Do some due diligence to check the dress code. If you do not like it, do not play there. 

No too hard. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: