IGNORED

2024 Masters

iacas

On 4/13/2024 at 6:02 AM, onthehunt526 said:

A good weekend by Tiger and he may not have to worry about receiving a special exemption to the U.S. Open… 

I’m not even saying he’s going to win… but a good weekend and he won’t need a special invite to the U.S. Open.

Until he went and shot +10 on Saturday to collapse down the leaderboard 🤐

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Does anyone know how this came about?? Did the wind blow the sign or or BDC pulled it out to get a clear line? 

Pulled it out to get a clear line onto another fairway and I think he wound up with a birdie on the hole

• Thumbs Up 2

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

Pulled it out to get a clear line onto another fairway and I think he wound up with a birdie on the hole

Heh. Bro wired differently, isn't he?

Vishal S.

23 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Heh. Bro wired differently, isn't he?

Well, I know guys who think like that in my club.  They say with my length, this is the shortest route to the hole and in one case go two or three fairways over to reach a par 5 in 2.  Essentially what he was doing was figuring out the easiest route to the green with his length

What's in the bag

• Aidia Z-009 Putter

9 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Does anyone know how this came about?? Did the wind blow the sign or or BDC pulled it out to get a clear line? 

DeChambeau moved a large, directional sign that was in his way before making birdie Friday at...

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

11 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Tiger looked spent after about 8 holes…

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Why don't they start at least half hour earlier than 9:15 given possibility of close to 6 hour rounds? 

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Tiger looked spent after about 8 holes…

I can only assume that isn't a fitness thing but a damaged ankle thing.  I would figure he is the kind of guy who would train for fitness/cardio with other exercises that don't stress his leg.

Looks like age/injury is catching up to Tiger.  He needs to figure out how to play enough to keep in golf shape and not hurt his injured joints, especially the ankle

What's in the bag

• Aidia Z-009 Putter

Jeez.. 15 minutes of commercials and buildup music/clips in the first 16 minutes.😠

Vishal S.

Tiger got through four rounds, but it was a struggle. He made some new records this week. Most consecutive cuts made, his highest score in any tournament at +16, worst finish in a (completed) Masters at 60th.

It's difficult to imagine him winning again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

(edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 10:14 PM, Vinsk said:

I wonder how Jack will move the goal posts on that one?😏

It’s the Tiger stat that is contorted to me. Tiger hasn’t made the most consecutive Masters cuts (I think Nicklaus has that record). He has made 24 cuts in a row in Masters in which he completed at least two rounds. That a bit of a sensationalized TV stat.

Edited by VOX

(edited)

Tiger played every single Masters and made the cuts from 1997 to 2013. That's 17 times. He then made the cut in 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023 and 2024. He withdrew during the third round in 2023, but still made the cut. How has Tiger not made 24 consecutive cuts in which he played?

Nicklaus made the cut from 1968 to 1982, which is 15 times. He withdrew after the first round in 1973, breaking the streak.

Player played every year from 1959 to 1972, making all 14 cuts. He didn't play in 1973, then played the next 9 Masters and made the cut in all of them.

Masters.com has the same stats as they do on TV: https://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/stats/historical/cutline.html

Edited by Zeph
  • Informative 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

36 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Tiger played every single Masters and made the cuts from 1997 to 2013. That's 17 times. He then made the cut in 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023 and 2024. He withdrew during the third round in 2023, but still made the cut. How has Tiger not made 24 consecutive cuts in which he played?

Nicklaus made the cut from 1968 to 1982, which is 15 times. He withdrew after the first round in 1973, breaking the streak.

Player played every year from 1959 to 1972, making all 14 cuts. He didn't play in 1973, then played the next 9 Masters and made the cut in all of them.

Masters.com has the same stats as they do on TV: https://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/stats/historical/cutline.html

Yes. He has made 25 cuts in 30 Years which is incredible. I just think it is misleading for the TV announcers to say that he has made 24 consecutive Masters cuts. To me that implies that he has made the cut in each of the last 24 Masters.

I see the point, but that's how they count and it's the same for every player.

2 hours ago, VOX said:

He has made 24 cuts in a row in Masters in which he completed at least two rounds

Right. And that’s more than Nicklaus. Nicklaus has 37 total cuts, but not consecutively.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Tiger actually has 25 cuts in 30 years. He has a chance to pass Jack but he will need 18 more. I hope he does it but I don’t know if his body can do it.

(edited)

It's a bit telling, I suppose, that the Masters has just ended and the conversation here turns to whether an 84 year old retired golfer who last won in 1986 made fewer consecutive cuts than a 48 year old golfer who last won in 2019 and just finished +16 for the tournament.

But I don't demean that. In the days when Woods was at his dazzling, brilliant best, it was still a very human performance. This is a bit like watching modern day Formula 1. The technical precision is remarkable. You are often inclined to step away from few minutes to make a cup of tea. The golf machine whirrs away in the background, as programmed.

Golf has a lot of Scotties and Brooks. I'm starting to think it needs another Seve, urgently.

Edited by ScouseJohnny