IGNORED

2024 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

On 7/6/2024 at 7:23 AM, DeadMan said:

I need 5, 13, 16, and 17 to complete it. But I am now a little worried about needing to play 18 to get those last 3, especially if I'm still missing them in, like, October.

81 holes of golf since this post, 7 birdies, and knocked out zero of these holes. I had a reasonable shot at 17 from ~15 feet yesterday and just missed it short and high. Had a decent look at 16 twice, but no dice either time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/29/2024 at 2:04 PM, DeadMan said:

81 holes of golf since this post, 7 birdies, and knocked out zero of these holes. I had a reasonable shot at 17 from ~15 feet yesterday and just missed it short and high. Had a decent look at 16 twice, but no dice either time. 

I hear you. #14 and #17 are my missing Away holes. Had a round with 6 birdies and only knocked off one hole. I never will complete the Home card before the snow flies. Sigh.

Brian Kuehn

55 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I hear you. #14 and #17 are my missing Away holes. Had a round with 6 birdies and only knocked off one hole. I never will complete the Home card before the snow flies. Sigh.

I am already strategizing about what courses have easier holes on the ones I'm missing! There's still 5 months left (August, September, October, November, December)! I'm not well...

• Funny 2

-- Daniel

Birdied #4 at the home course. Hit it to 12’ and made the putt. Halfway done.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Four birdies today (3, 5, 12 and 18). Eagled 18 a few weeks ago. I just added myself to the list. That leaves three holes (hardest) and a few months to get them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

• Administrator

Bumped 14 from my list today. Hit a slightly toed 6I from 186 on 14 at WW today, and made the 13-footer dead in the middle.

I played 10, 14, and 17 from the blue tees but the rest of the round from the whites with irons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ok, I have completed the challenge and have eagles on 3/4 of par 5s. Today though brought something different as I had the Turkey by having consecutive birdies on 2, 3, and 4. I actually lipped out on 5 so 4 was in reach. Anyway, I think that's a first for me! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

• 2 weeks later...

Birdied the final hole on my home course today. It’s always been a bogey in the past so this felt great. Aggressive swings to conservative targets: hit a big drive, followed by a partial wedge to 2 feet. The Dan Grieve partial wedge setup system worked! Thrilled with the outcome. 

Edited by 4zim
  • Thumbs Up 1

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Birdied #13 at Quail Brook with a 15-footer. I thought it was new but apparently it isn’t.

Missed a 3-footer on #12 for birdie that would have been new, but it was probably the dumbest 3-footer I’ve ever seen. It broke 12” from the apex and started rolling back towards me, leaving me 2’ uphill for par. I probably could have putt a foot past the hole and it would have rolled in from behind. Stupid hole location.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I birdied number 5 to knock off the entire front 9. I was slightly worried about this hole - at the course I normally play at, number 5 is the hardest hole for all 3 of the 9-hole courses. In fact, I birdied the hardest hole location on that hole (I pushed the approach about 20 feet, ha ha). 

All that is left now is 13, 16, and 17. I probably have 10 more rounds until the end of the year, so a decent amount of chances, but I might be playing back 9s a lot in November/December!

-- Daniel

I guess I'm back to playing, I made 3 birdies today (from the "senior tees", one of which was new to the list here.  9 down, 9 to go!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.