IGNORED

Are You "Loyal" to One Golf Ball?

I'm probably an outlier, but I have so many brand new balls in boxes from a variety of companies, there's no way I could be devoted to one brand. Presents, free sleeve samples handed out at big box stores, boxes of balls won at various company golf outings, etc. Plus, I'm not adverse to reusing found balls as long as they're in decent condition. Also, when my swing goes haywire, as it has recently, I hate staring down at a brand now Pro V1. All I see at that moment is a five-dollar bill with the real potential to go sailing off into the woods so that's usually when the found balls get put on the tee. 

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

As a Srixon staffer, I mainly use the z star xv. However, the -prov1x is a really good ball for my game. If I find other balls, I give them away to friends. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If my ball was loyal to me, I would be loyal to it. But it only goes where I hit, not where I want it to go, so I see no reason for loyalty.

• Like 1

War Eagle!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a HUGE believer in being golf ball loyal and really believe that anyone who's serious about golf (or too serious about golf like me) should use the same ball all the time.

For the last 10 years or so I've played Bridgestone RX. As part of trying to break out of an extended slump, I decided to try some new balls out. Now I know that the slump was caused by the golfer and not the balls or the clubs, but I have decided that either the newest version doesn't play as well around and into the green or more likely, the Bridgestone is not the best ball for the courses at my club since my move last year. 

Regardless, I'm now between Srixon Z-Star Diamond or a Z-Star. I think I like the Diamond better, but it doesn't come in yellow and I sometimes struggle to see a white ball. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have played Bridgestone balls for about 12- 15 yrs.      4 to 5 types the last 3 yrs. I play the E6 its the ball I know and trust.................