IGNORED

Your 2009 Personal (Golf) Goals

iacas
Note: This thread is 5302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I do not get out enough. I spend plenty of time at the range, but very little time out on real courses. This coming year me and some of my friends at work want to join a league. I also see no reason why I shouldn't finally break 90 or even 85 this year given how well I hit my irons.

Driver: Titleist TSR1 12*

3 Wood: Titleist TSR1 15*

4 Hybrid: Titleist TSR1 20*

Irons: Titleist T350 5-W2 23*-53*

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50.12F, 56.14F

Putter: Titleist SC Super Select Newport 2

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Stop being a f#ckwit: last year (this year atm) i would be 2 over with a couple to play and make a double or consecutive bogeys and then just throw my game and start being a f#ckwit saying that i shouldn't have done that and what not and end up 7 or 8 over and not drop anything off my handicap when i could have lost .2 or .4

2) Practice 2-4 times a week solidly, like 4 hour practice sessions etc. Depending on the time i have available

3) Work towards my 2010 goal of playing in the NSW Amatuer

4) play off 5 or less by the 31st of December 2009

5) Get a JNJGF ranking (have to play in 9 JNJGF events)

6) Win a JNJGF event Nett or Scratch

7) Don't bend or break any clubs (especially putter!)

8) Have a good golfing year

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

Shoot consistently in the 80's(I'm using brand new clubs instead of my dad's 20 year old ones so I should make this one)
Lower Handicap
My putting needs improvement
Make golf team
Get less than 30 putts per round
Try different shots(ie: bump and runs, draws, fades, more low shots, more high shots)

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

cap under 7.5
shoot even once
play 100 times

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I have but only one goal. I was an 8.5 at the start of the year and got it down to 7.1 by the end, and would like to get it down to a 6.5 or better by the end of 2009. I just want consistent improvement.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Well it will be mt first full season. i want consistently break 100 and a more lofty goal is maybe break 90

In my N xtreme sport bag

Driver- Hibore XLS
3 Wood- Speed LDF
3 & 4- Insight A2OS Hybrid

5-9- 755's

L,S,Gtom Watson G, S, L

Putter- Karsten Anser

Ball- Whatever

Really trust my own swing.....
Enjoy my good shot more, instead of reacting only to the bad ones.....
Lower my scoring average to below 71.....

"The more you know...... the less you need"

Well 2008 was such a bad year that I really need to improve in 2009:

- Improve the short game
Using Utley's putting style my putting is finally coming around but my chipping, bunker play, pitching, etc are atrocious. Some serious work has to be put into the short game.

- Get the Driver under control
Did this in 2007 and had a great year. Fought with it big time again this year. I have to get my fairways hit stat above 60%

-Play some events outside my comfort zone
I need to play at least one bigger amateur event in my section

-Get my handicap back down to 0
I was a 0 or less most of 2007 and at the beginning of 2008 it has since crept up to almost 2.

-Keep my GIR up
Hit over 66% of GIR, this was my saving grace in a horrible year. I have to keep this up and even improve if I can get the driver figured out.

Some stats I want to improve:
Stat ________ Now/ Goal
Fairways----44%/ 60%
Total putts --33.19/ 31.5
up/down % --- 43%/ 60%

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

try to get my handicap below a 12. i was aiming for single digits (i went from a 28.5 to my current cap last summer) but i will be gone much of june and july for a competitive marching band tour (yeah i'm pretty cool). so get to a 12. try to start my rounds solid (no more almost hitting the houses off the first tee) and keep that positive energy going the whole round

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

2009 Golfing Goals:
  1. Work with a pro every 2-3 weeks from January till November
  2. Practice 2-3 times per week (90% short game), with daily putting at home
  3. Play 1-2 rounds of 18 holes per week
  4. Reduce handicap to single digits
  5. Have confidence in my swing allowing it to be automatic on the course without thinking about mechanics
  6. Build a solid set-up position – Weight distribution, Alignment, Grip
  7. Focus on consistent swing tempo same full swing with wedge through driver
  8. Have fun

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

#1 Single Digit Handicap.

the rest help accomplish #1.

#2 Average 30 putts per round or better. (34 in 2008 actually was UP)
#3 Work on short game minimum of 2hrs/week.
#4 Work on swing-plane minimum of 2hr/week.
#5 Improve on 2008 percentages to minimum of 50% each. 2008 GIR=32.19 Fairway=41.03
#6 Eliminate 3 putts. (1.9 per round in '08)
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

#1 - Lessons from a Pro once a week from Feb. through Nov, to work on everything
#2 - Learn my clubs better
#3 - Break 100 consistently
#4 - I hope to be around 90 by the end of the season

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

* Consistent improvement routine. Since my life is divided into quarters, I need to schedule improvement time each quarter. This means practice with the wedges and putter at least twice a week and golf exercise at least twice.

For Winter Quarter (Jan-Mar), I don't have to be on campus until 10am any given day (but must be at 10 each day). Accordingly, I'm going to go to a nearby course and work on my short game 2-3 times per week and exercise the other 2-3 days. I have yet to determine which days for which.

For future quarters, I'll have to determine them by the end of the first week of the quarter.

* I would like to break 85 by my birthday (June 28). Seeing as how I shot an 85 (on the nose) by my birthday last year, I view this as very doable.

* I would like to break 80 by the end of the year. I broke 100 in July 2007 and 90 in April 2008. So hopefully I can break 80 by January 2010.

* Don't let my golf get in the way of school. I'm making great progress in school and I'm on track to graduate in good time. In conjunction:

* Don't let school get in the way of golf. I still need to have a life.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

#1 - get my swing back. I've got a nice case of the draw/hooks. It's unpredictable and ugly.
#2 - get comfortable with my woods - correlates with #1. Most hooks happen here.
#3 - practice everyday [if time allows w/school, work, etc.] and play 2-4 days/week.
#4 - get a single digit handicap. the goal is a 5. That's probably a stretch, but it's worth working towards.

My personal goals for 2009 are:

1. Have more fun on the golf course and beat myself up less.
2. Travel and play more courses.
4. Bring my handicap below 15 (okay...maybe that's a bit ambitious...let's say below 17)

Okay...so I bet you're asking yourself, what's #3 - she went from 2 to 4.

All I can say is...If I make #3, I'll tell you about it ;)

Golfgal
ps: This sure beats losing weight as a NY Resolution!!!!

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Note: This thread is 5302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!