IGNORED

Ryan Moore--he is now his own man--no endorsements

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 3399 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think it is a nice stand to be sponsor free. I agree that it frees a player to play what ever he/she wants. I would have to believe that they still get free golf clubs. Clothes are probably another story (as we can see from his pictures).

That said, it would be hard not to accept sponsor money, especially if it comes from clubs that would work well.

ryan moore is a cool dude endorsements or not the kid has a hell of a game

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

Ryan Moore looks like the

I'm still laughing at this....almost spilled my iced tea giggling at this.

I agree with you. Personally, the Tour can always use some real characters, like him, Ian Poulter, Boo Weekley, Jasper Parnevik, etc. Some people can really play the game, and be entertaining at the same time. Over the years, the following have done that (Thank God): Walter Hagen, Jimmy Demaret (ever see his clothes? he even loosened up Ben Hogan, who liked him), Chi Chi, Lee Trevino, Fuz, Payne Stewart (some liked his colorful plus-4's, and some did not), Doug Sanders (lavender pants, shirt and shoes to match!!).

Excellent point. The Tour could use a little more of this. Bring it on!!!!

I'd like to see Ryan Moore hit the links wearing some MC Hammer pants...."Hammer don't hurt 'em". Seriously...some character and color is great.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I could be wrong but it was not long ago that he was sponsored by Ping. I wonder if that was a short contract?

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

From a sponsors point of view....I would want to have my brand plastered on someone that stands out because they dress a little different..or their antics are not the norm...he has some game too...
In my bag

Driver 905R 9.5 with Aldila
3-wood G10 15 degree
Hybrid G10 18 degreeIrons MP 32Wedges 52 & 56 & 60 degreePutter SC SS Newport 1.5Ball

• 5 years later...

Ryan Moore is starting the year without an equipment contract.

http://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2015/01/09/moore-passes-on-taylormade-contract-opts-to-go-it-alone.html

Quote:

When Ryan Moore successfully defended his CIMB Classic title in November, he did so as a full-time TaylorMade staffer with the company's woods and wedges in the bag.

But when Moore tees it up on Friday at the winners-only Hyundai Tournament of Champions, he'll do so without an equipment contract. Moore, who was under contract with TaylorMade through the end of 2014, decided to pass on signing a new deal with the company.

Instead of looking elsewhere, Moore confirmed he'll play without a full-time equipment deal this year.

"[TaylorMade] made a great offer, but it wasn't the right time or fit for me to sign a deal," Moore told PGATOUR.COM . "My focus is on playing the best golf I can."

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the worst thing about having a number of sponsors is the requirement to have all their corporate logos on your shirt, hat, pants, bag and whatever. Even though we've had some colorful characters in the past, none look as stupid as the NASCAR pros of today.

He may not have an equipment deal, but he has plenty of names decorating his clothes. Just showed him on the Golf Channel coverage of the tournament.

Beware of old dudes with old clubs and new grips.

He may not have an equipment deal, but he has plenty of names decorating his clothes. Just showed him on the Golf Channel coverage of the tournament.

True, but he is a bit of a maverick. Those club endorsement deals are big money and very few pros ever go with out one. He's a big enough name that he's leaving a lot of money on the table. Like I said before, I hope he has a great season.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

Is he no longer endorsing True shoes?

He owns True linkswear, owns the company and his brother runs it..

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way around where taylormade ( adidas actually) wanted him in a full bag of TM and adidas footwear for all their athletes. Especially if the contract was expiring. They might insist this on all their upper tier sponsorships.  It certainly would explain things better.

For adidas its all about the brand and it starts with the shoes for any employee at any level.

RYno options maybe limited to golf clubs by non footwear companies. Titleist /footjoy, Nike, Cobra/puma and even callaway ( a licencee does their shoes), Which leaves Ping, Srixon/Cleveland, Wilson and possible Mizuno- though they do  make footwear.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way around where taylormade ( adidas actually) wanted him in a full bag of TM and adidas footwear for all their athletes. Especially if the contract was expiring. They might insist this on all their upper tier sponsorships.  It certainly would explain things better.

For adidas its all about the brand and it starts with the shoes for any employee at any level.

For TaylorMade it's all about getting the driver in play so they stay #1. There are quite a few guys with TaylorMade deals/bags that only play the metal woods (and Adams hybrids for the same reason). That's the kind of deal Moore had, he primarily used PING and Miura irons the last two years.

Mike McLoughlin

For TaylorMade it's all about getting the driver in play so they stay #1. There are quite a few guys with TaylorMade deals/bags that only play the metal woods (and Adams hybrids for the same reason). That's the kind of deal Moore had, he primarily used PING and Miura irons the last two years.

I get all that, but Ryans deal has expired. Trust me an upper tier deal with TM ideally it would be head to toe, ..TM & Adams and Adidas apparel and shoes. Nike does it, Cobra/puma does it with some- hell even Poulter has the deal with titleist/footjoy. This is clearly a trend for new contracts with the better golfers- or at least the ones with some wins under their belt. Adidas would like nothing more than have everyone dressed and outfitted to the nines like Sergio and Dustin.

Then again he could be signing with some one else or no one at all. Foolish if you ask me.

Then again he could be signing with some one else or no one at all. Foolish if you ask me.

I wouldn't surprised to see something happen with Parsons Xtreme Golf. For not having a club deal he sure is getting the word out about the irons and wedges being in his bag.

Mike McLoughlin

I get all that, but Ryans deal has expired. Trust me an upper tier deal with TM ideally it would be head to toe, ..TM & Adams and Adidas apparel and shoes. Nike does it, Cobra/puma does it with some- hell even Poulter has the deal with titleist/footjoy. This is clearly a trend for new contracts with the better golfers- or at least the ones with some wins under their belt. Adidas would like nothing more than have everyone dressed and outfitted to the nines like Sergio and Dustin.  Then again he could be signing with some one else or no one at all. Foolish if you ask me.

Ryan's a top-30 ranked player in the world right now; if he wanted to cash in on a big equipment sponsorship, now would be the time. I don't know TaylorMade's tour staff policy, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had a rule about not negotiating less than a head-to-toe deal with such a caliber of golfer; given Ryan's financial interests on the apparel and footwear side of the game, he could never accept such an offer.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I think the worst thing about having a number of sponsors is the requirement to have all their corporate logos on your shirt, hat, pants, bag and whatever. Even though we've had some colorful characters in the past, none look as stupid as the NASCAR pros of today.

Or cyclists. If you look at old photos back in the day when there were barely any patches on clothing, it looked so much better. I understand the money it brings but after 2+ logos you start looking like Times Square.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3399 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!