IGNORED

Cost of Golf in You Area

Iowa Hawkeye
Note: This thread is 5512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In the Washington, DC area you can play some public courses for $40-50 with a cart on weekends or walking for $23-30s walking.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

WOW, at those rates, I would be a pro by now!!!!

In South Florida, I'm getting $40 ridding (a great rate) for a good course through discount websites.

But regular rates are anywhere between $50 - $300, I have Doral not too far away, and the Red is about $85 during the summer.

You can find some courses for about $28 for 18 with cart, but even with those rate, you are getting ripped off..course conditions are horrible.

I wish I could pla for under $40 frequently, as it would certainly improve my game.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

WOW, at those rates, I would be a pro by now!!!!

I think exactly the same... even with that rates that you have in Florida.

Around here, where I live there are no public courses, so you can't play unless you are invited by a member... the prices.. Bosque Real Membership: $70,000 usd + monthly maintenance Los Encinos Membership: $52,000 usd + monthly maintenance Valle Escondido Membership: $40,000 usd + monthly maintenance Where Lorena Ochoa is going to live and play... buy a $1,000,000 usd apartment and you have acces to the 9 holes course LOL and something similar where Carlos Slim lives. What do you think now? Greetings! PS.- Take into account that right now 1.00 usd = 14.00 pesos. Monthly maintenance is between 6,000 usd - 8,000 usd.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Well here where I live are 3 golf courses all of them are public

Altozano.- 1 peso the membership and the maintenance 153 usd monthly including cart and the green fee is over 800 pesos that's like 60 or 70 dollars

Campestre Morelia Maintenance Monthly 214 usd an the green fee 40 usd

Club de Golf Tres Marias (Corona championship LPGA). The membership is included with the houses inside the club, and the maintenance is over 321 usd plus 100 usd for cart use

the three of them are beautiful courses

San Francisco Muni

Harding Park
$46 resident card weekday
$56 Resident card weekend

Lincoln
$21 Resident card weekday
$26 Resident card weekend

Pacifica Muni

Sharp Park
$21 Resident card weekday
$26 Resident card weekend

San Francisco Private

Olympic Club
$80 -$100

Lake Merced
$70 - $100

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Another thread got me thinking, whats it cost on average to play a round where you live?

About the same down here.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

51$ for 18 holes.

My membership was 852$ w/tax

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

i grew up in hawaii... the courses there vary drastically but the better the course... the more you pay... ranges from 50 to 150...
san diego there are tons of courses... heck residents can play torey pines for 40 bucks...
now im living in virginia beach and once again... there are dozens of courses... even in neighboring cities less than 15-20 mins away... dozens more courses...
muni's run anywhere between 20-60 bucks
good public courses have a wide range of prices... from 40-120 bucks and up
pvt courses with invite from a member from 60 bucks on up
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

For public access courses...18 holes is anywhere from $20 to walk, to over $100 with carts mandatory. Just depends on where you want to play. Most are in the $50-$65 range riding. The mountain courses are toward the higher end, partly because of the short season, and because most are pretty nice courses.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would say in the mid-Michigan area 18-holes walking is from $15 and up. With Cart from $25 and up. Many of the courses are under $40. Great selection of courses and great prices I feel very lucky. Only problem is we cannot golf 12 months a year.

Western PA is similar to Michigan, apparently. Not a lot of high-end courses, but plenty of fun places to play. It is a good place to golf, but I wish we had a little longer season.

Summer Rates are starting to kick in.

I don't pay more than $20 for a halfway decent course, $35 for a real good course.

Like they say...They pay us with Sunshine!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

What are membership rates for unlimited play like down there?

Gowan Brae Golf and country club is a beautiful 18 hole course, opens early may, closes november, and I can play all I want for 852$. I plan on playing between 80-100 rounds this year on it to improve my game.

For an extra 475$ w/tax, you get unlimited use of a golf cart for any rounds you play.

Great staff, wonderful, challenging Par 72 course, awesome pro shop with full Ping fitting services. Membership numbers are high, but I can still get tee times 2x/day on my days off (I work 3 on/3off). 100 buckets of range balls is 150$. Practic putting greens, practice sand traps, great range.

I couldnt be Happier. My goal for the year is to be consistently shooting 90 by october. With 5 weeks paid vacation this summer, I should be able to get in a lot of rounds.

Thank god im young and single with no children :p

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

like golf in every state, fees vary depending on where I want to play.

Most of my time is spent where my daughter works, at The Pines , http://www.thepinesoftoccoa.com/home , where I play for $5.00 a day.

Or I also play Apple Mountain
http://www.applemountaingolfga.com/course.asp
Monday-Tuesday: Seniors (50+)- $28.00
Regular- $34.00
Wednesday-Friday: Seniors (50+)- $33.00
Regular- $39.00
Twilight (after 1pm)- $34.00
Saturday-Sunday: Regular- $45.00
Twilight (after 1pm)- $39.00

I also play at Highland Walk , http://georgiagolf.com/net/content/i...px?s=40.0.2.17 , where it costs:
Mon-Thu 18 Hole Green Fee with Cart $38
Fri-Sun/Holidays 18 Hole Green Fee with Cart $44
(walking is not allowed)

Then if the Golf Gods are being nice and I can get a friends quest invitation, we go to The Currahee Club , http://www.curraheeclub.com/ , http://www.curraheeclub.com/golf-communities.htm , which is a private course only 1.5 miles from my house. It was designed by Jim Fazio and was on Golfweeks list of top courses in the country.

you guys got it good
Weekdays 40 and weekend 50 + 20 to ride
Twlight 25 + 20 ride
But I did get a nice Internet deal 35 bucks with a ride Friday 1pm tee time

My bag
R7 Draw Driver 9.0
Northwestern 3 wood
Texan 3/4 Hybrid 21 Degrees
Big Bertha 04 5-9 Irons Burner XD Wedges AW,SW,LW DFX 3300 Pro V1 & ProV1x Refurbs

$ 30 - eighteen and a cart, weekday or weekend.........

Hey bud, I noticed you are putting with the little spider. I have always shot with "mallets" and thought about trying the little spider but don't have any friends that putts with them in order to try them out for a few rounds; and me being a traditionalist that doesn't like change, I would hate to put that kind of money down on a putter and not like it. I know they get good reviews but what is your assessment of the club and have you compared it to its bigger counter-part?

Thanks

Note: This thread is 5512 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!