IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. Distance from tee.
Flexibility, workout, weight loss, swing plane and focus on speed.
lower body stability.

2. accuracy with irons.
Feet togheter, rythm.

When the above is met, play and shoot low.

Robert Something

Putting
making short straight putts
distance control

chipping
consistent hitting solid shots from 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 yards and with distance control

overall getting up and down with one putt.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Likewise, lower body stability ... and balance

had a problem with this in game situation today and need to really work it.

If the feet and legs aren't right, the rest doesn't have much of a chance, IMO.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

chipping....chipping...chipping..
my chipping around the fringe is killing me right now...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Still working on upper/lower body separation, Martin Ayers (DOCF) is the real thing.

Also right arm breakdown as always. I have a Swing Extender if I ever get it out of the trunk....

Lag containment and a low left release are also in the mix.

I'm working out 4-5 times a week and eating a clean, healthy diet so I can get as strong and lean as possible (think Camilo).

I am using the Stack and Tilt principles outlined on this forum for my full swing with all clubs, and so far I like the results, but it hasn't been very long using it.

With my driver, I am focusing on a good shoulder turn first and foremost. That seems to get me on plane.

And with my short game, I'm doing what I can to keep the face pointed towards the sky, i.e. not turning it over.

I haven't worked on my bunker game at all yet, and that certainly needs to have practice time devoted to it. All this working out regularly is really limiting my opportunities to go play golf unfortunately, but I'm on a track right now and I don't want to come off it just yet. There will be plenty of times to swing the club in the coming months.

Golf just isn't the priority right now.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Everything pretty much, but especially:
1. learning to keep my right elbow close to my body (not "chicken-winging" it),
2. striking down on the ball (my divots right now are behind the ball, when I don't just "pick" the ball clean which is most of the time),
3. start my hip rotation/turn before bringing my hands down (saw AK do this perfectly this past week) after the backswing
4. make consistent, solid contact with any club (much improved since I started tucking my right elbow and slowing down my backswing!)
5. learn my distances with each club

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

Pretty much working on everything.
1. Strength and conditioning so I don't get tired or anything, and I'm not one of those guys with a lot of big muscles... yet. haha
2. Full swing. My game is not great, but every once in a while I hit a great shot, so I'm working on replicating those good shots.
3. Short game. My short game is really my highest priority, considering I will be using my irons and chipping a majority of the time. Mainly making good contact every time if possible.
4. Driver. My driving game is spotty at best. I hit a good, straight, shot one day and the next day I have a nasty hook... So I have to figure out how to replicate a good swing.

HookEmHorns

In my 14 Xtreme bag:

Driver Burner 10.5*3 Wood Rawlings 15*5 Wood Ignite 19*Irons S2 Max 4-GWPutter Rossa Corza Ghost 35" Next to be replaced: 3 wood. All Rawlings junk has got to go. haha

I'm struggling! I haven't played for quite a while and am finding I'm slicing with my woods and hooking with my irons. I hit it straight when i do a half swing but as soon as i try a full one........luckily i get fair distance with the half swing but could be so much better!

Pretty much working on everything.
1. Strength and conditioning so I don't get tired or anything, and I'm not one of those guys with a lot of big muscles... yet. haha
2. Full swing. My game is not great, but every once in a while I hit a great shot, so I'm working on replicating those good shots.
3. Short game. My short game is really my highest priority, considering I will be using my irons and chipping a majority of the time. Mainly making good contact every time if possible.
4. Driver. My driving game is spotty at best. I hit a good, straight, shot one day and the next day I have a nasty hook... So I have to figure out how to replicate a good swing.

HookEmHorns

In my 14 Xtreme bag:

Driver Burner 10.5*3 Wood Rawlings 15*5 Wood Ignite 19*Irons S2 Max 4-GWPutter Rossa Corza Ghost 35" Next to be replaced: 3 wood. All Rawlings junk has got to go. haha

As of Today, everything...

1. Consistant stance, posture, alignment, ball position
2. Backswing, it went flat again
3. weight transfer, getting stuck on the downswing

Oh its a mess

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been recently working on creativity. On the practice hole or just a few holes on my home course. I decide on a club and use only that club for the entire hole (except putting) and it's really starting to expand my possible shots in a real round.

R9 10.5 Aldila Voodo Stiff
S9-1 3W Stiff
Baffler 20 Degree
AP2 (3-PW) KBS Stiff
Vokey Design (52,56,60) Redwood

I've been able to feel what's wrong in my swing for a while now, but simply haven't been able to find that 'physical cue' to get me in a better/fixed position, but I finally started to the other day. At the range, I started lining up three shafts (my CGB Max has two extras and I had a broken one laying around).

1 - along my toe line
2 - between my feet and the ball, aligned inside-to-out
3 - just outside the ball, aligned with the target line

The ends of #2 and #3 are about, say, 3 balls apart, so they create a 'gate' to swing through, and the lines of #2 and #3 were getting me to visualize an inside approach, to a square/down the line impact. Interestingly, speaking of Tiger's "laying off" move as of late, I found that I needed to lay my club off more, I was keeping my left wrist too cupped at the top, which was encouraging an over-the-top move. I had been doing it so long, I had actually learned to leave the club-face open as I cut across, which led to straight ball flight, but with no power and added loft. Of course, I'd still occasionally flip and just pull the crap out of a shot.

I found that laying off the club (a little) flattened my left wrist and put me in a better position to find the slot at the start of the downswing. The last bad habit I found, which has been the most eye-opening, was that my hands themselves need to feel much "lower" through impact. That's allowing them to turn down and over, squaring up the club, as opposed to the 'wrist flip' I had learned. Everything is feeling much more connected and more powerful and I'm actually STRIKING the ball, instead of my just swinging through and slapping the ball on the way by.

My driver is a holdout, though, I think the longer swing is just harder to make these corrections in, but that came along a little last time out, so I'm hoping it's just a matter of adapting the above changes to the flatter swing plane and slightly more upright posture, and ingraining the muscle memory.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Working on:

1. Shortening my swing to be more consistent.
2. Footwork to become more stable.
3. Trying to not come over the top and casting.
4. Reading greens.
5. 30-90 yard pitch shots.

I've got my greenside short game relatively good but pitching from anywhere in between 30-90 yards has been all done by feel and can be quite off at times. My balance has been off so lately I've been trying to hit the ball more flat footed in order to more balanced. Shortening my swing to gain consistency in my swing and to also not cast as much. Not sure how to stop myself from coming over the top and casting because everytime I try and do that, I take some gargatuan divots. Reading greens at new courses has been quite tough, my lag putts are not coming even close to 6 feet at times. Of course the speed of the putt is at fault as well. Putting sucks in general.

« Keith »

Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!