IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1) Getting rid of my slice
2) Distance
3) Accuracy

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Full shoulder turn

getting left arm in line with my shoulder line

starting downswing by transfering weight. Not with the upper body

I finally realized that the most important thing for me to work on - is hitting the ball from in to out. I believe 99% of guys who can't break 90 on a moderately difficult golf course are those who swing over the top. Let's be honest it is soooo difficult to compensate the out-to-in path!

Ivan Lipko

5 Simple Keys®

Director of Instruction, Moscow, Russia

1) Putting from 10 ft in - listen to the ball hit the cup, don't look
2) Chipping - tempo tempo tempo

Driver: TM TP460
3W: TM Burner Superfast

5W: TM Burner Superfast
4-9: TM MC
48: CG14
52: Nike VR

56: CG16

Putter: Ping Gnome

On course strategy. Before a round I usually look at the course yardages and note my layup yardages with a GPS. I'll look at hole layouts on the internet, if available, and see how I want to play it. I also tell myself that layups are ok in order to avoid disaster. Then I get to the course...

And I feel like I rush. I forget the strategy that I came up with before. It doesn't matter if my drive goes wayward or I miss-hit a shot, I just seem to lose my thinking on the course. I need to work on that big time. And as usual, putting. Today I left 2 birdie putts 2-3 rolls short and I 3-putt more than I want to because I leave my initial putts well short. Really irritating and easy strokes to pick up.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Getting my back healed so I can work on stuff again...

Everytime it gets close to healing I go to the driving range or do something stupid. I hate backs I wish I could just be legs, arms, and a head.

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

im working on girs... my gir percentages are horrendous... if i can hit more greens i know i can drop a few strokes with ease... right now i have to scramble like a maniac most of the round
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

keeping right wrist straight at impact. overall, trying to be more productive at the range

Establishing a consistent, efficient and quick set-up routine to the ball.

Releasing the club correctly while concentrating on a little supination of the left wrist and having the right wrist bent back a tad (Like the picture of Hogan on his Five Lessons book)

Making golf swings on the golf course instead of hitting at the ball. I'll do my best to follow the principles discussed in "The Natural Golf Swing" by George Knudson and "Extaordinary Golf" by Fred Shoemaker.

• Administrator

This:

Probably for the next month or so, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm working on my driver. Specifically getting the shaft on the right plane on the takeaway and downswing. I have a horrible habit of bringing the club back way too high and bringing it through the zone from the outside and over the top. I've had to literally go quarter speed at my lessons and the range to try and build muscle memory. ;)

Releasing the club correctly while concentrating on a little supination of the left wrist and having the right wrist bent back a tad (Like the picture of Hogan on his Five Lessons book)

I think for a right handed person playing righty (most of us) flexibility in the right hand is an issue. To make that funky clockwise rotation and put the right hand in that "waiter holding a tray" position and not cross the line,,, is not easy and requires not only flexibility but hand strenght. I know when I'm lazy and cross the line and don't put my right hand in the proper position I feel no stess..however when I have the club on plane I feel tension in my left thumb, left and right wrist almost to the point of being uncomfortable.

I'm working on sucking less. I stank today. Really discouraging practice session. Stupid left arm! Stupid wrists! Stupid attachment! Gahhhh!

Going to go work out to alleviate some frustration, then hit the pub for a few rounds of ale therapy.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1) NOT FLUFF-CHUNKING CHIPS
2) distance control on long (20+ foot) putts
3) keeping driver in the fairway

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Apparently I have been leaning forward on my downswing, so I'm focusing on being more upright. I think this may have something to do with not being able to consistently hit my driver off the tee. I usually clip the underside of the ball...

What I've pieced together so far:

SQ Dymo Squared 10.5* Driver
SQ Dymo 3 Wood
Slingshot Hybrid 5 Wood Forged Pro Combo OS 2, 5, 8 Irons Forged Satin 53* Wedge Putter: Affinity Loop Pro Combo Stand Bag

Note: This thread is 3207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!