IGNORED

How far do you hit your clubs?

Note: This thread is 3878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Driver 210, rarely straight

3 wood 200 straight as an arro

5 wood 185

4 iron 110

5 iron 185

6 iron 170

7 iron 165

8 iron 150

9 iron 140

PW 130-100

GW 100

Sandy70

60 50

Putter 1 yard

Hahaha!  This thread is funny.  Asking golfers on a golf forum to publicly post how long they hit the ball.  You're more likely to get truthful answers if you ask all the men how long their ***** are.

Hahaha!  This thread is funny.  Asking golfers on a golf forum to publicly post how long they hit the ball.  You're more likely to get truthful answers if you ask all the men how long their ***** are.

Exactly !! Some of the numbers here are seriously inflated....you've got guys who can drive 300 yards and yet hit a PW 110 ??? I'm certain if you have enough club head speed to throw the driver 300, you would be able to do 130/140 at worst with your PW.... I am a 17 handicapper, and my drives is around 220/230...200 carry approx. and I hit my PW around 110.... Cheers Ray

These are averages.  Obviously, there are times when you really get everything in sync and pure a shot that is vastly different than the average (i.e. - I hit a 267 and a 259 yard drive w/roll out last week).  But, those instances are few and far between.

Driver - 220 yards carry

3W - 200 yards carry

5W -  190 yards carry

3H - 185 yards

4H - 170 yards

5i -  160 yards

6i - 150 yards

7i - 140 yards

8i - 125 yards

9i - 110 yards

PW - 95 yards

SW - 75 yards

Haven't been playing for long and have only recorded 6 full rounds.  Definitely would like more distance but would much rather be accurate.  Unfortunately, with the longer clubs neither distance nor accuracy are a given at the moment.

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five." - Paul Harvey

Originally Posted by crayputter

Exactly !!

Some of the numbers here are seriously inflated....you've got guys who can drive 300 yards and yet hit a PW 110 ??? I'm certain if you have enough club head speed to throw the driver 300, you would be able to do 130/140 at worst with your PW....

I am a 17 handicapper, and my drives is around 220/230...200 carry approx. and I hit my PW around 110....

Cheers

Ray

Unless they flip the club.  Players with that type of disparity between driver and wedge aren't all that uncommon.  Lots of them use low lofted drivers thinking they hit the ball really hard and that is the reason for the height of their shots.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Originally Posted by voidofenigmas

I dunno about everyone else but I answered honestly, i've spent a lot of time figuring out my exact distances.

A lot of guys post some very low numbers. I've never met a single digit player who couldn't drive the ball past 280 when they want to, but apparently it's quite common in some parts of the world.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I dunno about everyone else but I answered honestly, i've spent a lot of time figuring out my exact distances.

I also am being honest.  I don't own a rangefinder or haven't used any swing monitor or anything to get technical, but I know how far I hit it.  One caveat:  My wood distances, especially driver, are total, not carry.  I have no idea what my driver carry distance is.  Also, these aren't technically "averages" either, but the club I use for a shot that distance.

1W:  275

3W:  240

Hyb: 220

3I:    210

4I:    200

5I:    190

6I:    175

7I:    165

8I:    155

9I:    140

PW: 125

SW:  105

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im not sure if anyone else is having this issue but when it comes to my irons it seems like 9-5 are all within 10 yards of one another. the 4 and 3 I cant even hit at all. I hit my driver 220-250 pretty consistantly and about 200ish with my 3 wood. But Im lost as to why it seems all my irons are pretty much the same for me. I struggle mightily with them to begin with and I dread the intermediate shots when I can use a wood or a wedge. Anyone have any ideas?

Equipment

Driver - 09' Taylormade Burner

3 wood - Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 13 degrees

18 degree Adams Idea

3-PW Callaway X-18's

Putter - Orlimar Tourizmo #2

Originally Posted by Coleoneps

Im not sure if anyone else is having this issue but when it comes to my irons it seems like 9-5 are all within 10 yards of one another. the 4 and 3 I cant even hit at all. I hit my driver 220-250 pretty consistantly and about 200ish with my 3 wood. But Im lost as to why it seems all my irons are pretty much the same for me. I struggle mightily with them to begin with and I dread the intermediate shots when I can use a wood or a wedge. Anyone have any ideas?

primarily people that struggle with their long irons are people with non-perfect balance. A tip i've suggested quite a few times, try to take 3/4 swings on the practice range with your back foot on its toe. It promotes balance and when you can hit 3/4 shots and hit the sweet spot everytime move up to a full swing with your foot planted. Good luck let me know if this helps.

A lot of guys post some very low numbers. I've never met a single digit player who couldn't drive the ball past 280 when they want to, but apparently it's quite common in some parts of the world.

The only way I get anywhere near 280 on a drive is if I catch a sprinkler head or a cart path!! :-(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

primarily people that struggle with their long irons are people with non-perfect balance. A tip i've suggested quite a few times, try to take 3/4 swings on the practice range with your back foot on its toe. It promotes balance and when you can hit 3/4 shots and hit the sweet spot everytime move up to a full swing with your foot planted. Good luck let me know if this helps.

I will try that . Thank you!

Equipment

Driver - 09' Taylormade Burner

3 wood - Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 13 degrees

18 degree Adams Idea

3-PW Callaway X-18's

Putter - Orlimar Tourizmo #2

These distances are relatively accurate I have no idea what the proper distance to post is carry or roll so all these clubs are carry. All shots are with easy but strong swings going about 80-90 percent.

Driver:265-280

3W: OB

5W: 220-240

4i:205-210

5i:190-200

6i:175-185

7i:165-175

8i:150-160

9:140-150

PW:130-135

W:120-125

SW:100-110

LW: 40-75

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

A lot of these numbers seem inflated because many people just do not know how to measure the distance of their drives. Simulators can be very inaccurate and overly inflated and using yardage markers isn't always the best. Also when people post their average distances it is usually under the assumption that the ball is struck well. My actual aver with a driver, including all of my shanks and poor shots would probably be 230-240 if you factor only the decent shots it would be 260-280. I suppose the better question is "what is your expected distances". Anyway as for distances I feel like my irons are rather long but woods are not nearly as long as they should be given my club head speed. I went to my local golf shop on Tuesday to try out some woods and hybrids and how found that my club head speed on the 4 hybrid was within 2-4mph of my driver club head speed which is odd. Anyway that's my prerogative.

Originally Posted by Petden

A lot of these numbers seem inflated because many people just do not know how to measure the distance of their drives. Simulators can be very inaccurate and overly inflated and using yardage markers isn't always the best. Also when people post their average distances it is usually under the assumption that the ball is struck well. My actual aver with a driver, including all of my shanks and poor shots would probably be 230-240 if you factor only the decent shots it would be 260-280. I suppose the better question is "what is your expected distances".

When deciding what club you use based on distances it doesn't make any sense to factor in shanks or shots that go nowhere.

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

I know I made fun of all the guys who hits their clubs distances only gods and pros can relate to, But perhaps the question should have been , how far do you hit your clubs and where do you live. I live on the coast in BC where the ball doesn't travel as far, but I have played in the desert and in higher elevations and the ball seems to go on forever. I remember hitting a 7 wood 230 where I normally hit it 185, all I said that day was oh my god!!!! But if someone told me they hit their...whatever and they lived in an area that is like the one I live in, well?

MAX Distance:

-2Iron=280yds

-3Iron=270

-Driver (10 degree)= 400yds & 350yds but this is something I haven't been able to observe due to the back of most ranges being around 300yds; but I have taken the ball over a tree-line and out-of-sight at a range where the trees were 100ft tall and this tree-line started about 300yds out.

-SW=  I can hit the ball up to 150yds out, but,  however, typically I take a full-stroke from about 125yds (or so) to a green.

-6Iron cut shot= I've been fading (or cutting) the ball with this club to flags positioned at about 200yds out.

----

J

Note: This thread is 3878 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!