IGNORED

How do you mark your ball for identification?

SergioFan23
Note: This thread is 2934 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would love if I could get some nice balls that were 100% blank.

I am able to putt well with a 2 ball putter, and a blank ball would make it even better. To me the image of lining up 3 balls in a row just works well for me I guess.

The extra lines do nothing for me because of the way I use my putter, and if you don't set your ball down aligned correctly then it might even be detrimental to your putt.

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Three blue dots to the right of the number.

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

My initials : G in front of the logo and S behind, on both sides of the ball for easy regognition of the ball, no matter on which side it is lying.

For putting I turn the ball over so that looking from above it is a totally clear white ball (I am using no lines or aligning stamps).

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

I like the Shamrock design idea!  Have you seen those tin cup ball markers?  I believe I saw a shamrock one at their PGA booth this year.  You put it over the ball and fill in the design www.tin-cup.com (no affiliation).

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

three red dots over the logo of the ball, or i will circle the number of the golf ball in red.

I don't mark a straight line to line up for putting. I rather look at a blank ball while putting.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I tried to get a unique mark so there is not confusion since a lot of players use the same brand ball I use.  So use a "Gothic" form of my initials.  I'm thinking I have seen this thread somewhere before on TST.

Butch

I mark mine very much like the OP using a plastic marking tool you can buy just about anywhere:

http://www.primusgolf.com/store/p/1927-Golf-Ball-Alignment-Marking-Tool.aspx

I essentially make a black line around the entire ball that lines up beautifully with the line on my Odyssey Backstryke Blade . I used to have a tendency to push my putts, but with this set up my line has really improved.

@ctclippers41 - I love that quote, may have to borrow that idea from you :-)

BTW, that package also comes with a sample Evolution Tee that I fell in love with.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

I like this idea a LOT.  It gives you something to think about other than a pure swing thought.

I'm going to give this a try this week! :)

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Thanks, it really has helped me.  For some reason, when I focus on the dot or the front of the ball, it frees up my mind and putting stroke.

I use an 1-1/4" PVC coupler.  The ball sits down in the coupler right to the equator, then mark a line 360° around the ball.  Very easy to ID my ball, and makes lining up a put very easy too.  When teeing off, I line up the circle 90° to my target line so it don't mark the club face, and it gives me a mental image/target for the swing path.

glock, that is interesting, can you post a pic of your device?

I'll try to do it tonight or in the morning.  Heading to the dentist shortly, probably won't feel like doing much anything for the rest of the day after leaving there!

I just write a "J" on a blank "face" of the ball.  If I'm using more than one ball with the same brand and printed number, then I number them "J1," "J2," "J3," etc.

I've tried putting with alignment lines but it doesn't work for me.  I'm very feel-oriented and the line just leads to my second-guessing whether it's aimed correctly, whether I'm aligned, etc.  My putting is much more effective when I trust myself and don't rely on excessively technical means.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I draw a black line through the alignment line, and put a green dot on either side of the numbers.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Well, I called my wife and asked her to go grab the coupler out of the desk drawer and grab a ball out of the bucket and mark it for me then send me pics , so here they are.  Her line is thicker than mine because she just sat the ball in and drew a line, then flipped it over and saw it was above the top of the coupler so she drew another.  I've used it enough to know how much I need to push on the ball to be just right and have a nice thin line.

IMG00850-20110616-1201.jpg

IMG00852-20110616-1202.jpg

I draw a thick black line above and below the logo for linear text logos (e.g. Top Flite, Taylor Made, Bridgestone, Wilson Staff, Srixon) and add a line directly through the logo for curved or script logos (e.g. Callaway, Titleist). Why? I can identify my ball from > 20 paces.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

glock, your a genius!  maybe we could start branding those things!  It would be a great giveaway with my putters.  You could probably bandsaw it down so the back of the ball is flush with the bottom (so you know its at the diameter) and drill a hole for a clip.

Note: This thread is 2934 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!