IGNORED

The vent thread

maraca2020
Note: This thread is 5380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Vent all you want. Write down all of your bad shots, your stupid moments. It makes you feel good, I promise

Sasquatch 460 10.5
X 3 wood
X 4H
X-22's 5-PW
X Forged 52, 58 Black Series #1 Tour i X Series stand bag

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Doc. You first.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I hate hitting the ball really well and putting/chipping like crap. It makes me feel so bad that the 83 or 81 or 84 or whatever was accompanied by several 3-putts and 1 or 2 up and downs. That's horrific. I've been practicing my putting for months and I still see no consistent improvement. Time for a lesson I guess. I've been checking some stats of other golfers with similar handicaps and it looks like I hit the ball better than most 10s (GIR%, FIR%, etc.). It looks like I hit the ball about as well as an "average" 5-7 handicap, but they average about 1.8 PPH...whereas I'm 2. I average 2.1-2.2 PPGIR!

Thanks for the space maraca. That felt a little better.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

grumpy, slow mfrs that slow down even more when they see you waiting longer and longer to hit a shot. grrrrr.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Wow, might be here for a while on this one.
- I hate any shot from 90-40 yards to the pin. I have no confidence in a full swing with my 56° Vokey because I need it bent and possibly lengthened very bad. I can get the distance with a very soft gap wedge shot, but not as accurate.
- I hate great looking shots that look to be dead on, until the wind knocks them down and I end up short.
- I hate when I know I hit a bad shot because I didnt concentrate on what I know I should have been focused on.
- I guess last but not least, I really hate when a course has very inconsistent greens, and just when you think you have the speeds down, a putt doesnt play anywhere near how it should. I dont mean when I roll one wrong, I mean when every single person in my foursome notices that a putt should break, but it doesnt.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

- It really bothers me that I can play decently except for 3-4 disaster holes every round.
- It really bothers me that I can chip on the practice green with good accuracy but then when I get on the course I can't chip to save my life.
- It really bothers me that since I can't chip to save my life during a round, I also can't putt during the round and can't get up and down (like today where I only had 1 1-putt).
- It really bothers me that I can't hit my driver straight when it matters.

Stupid moment: Front 9 = 48; Back 9 = 37

No brand loyalty at all!

Driver: Speedline 10.5*
Fairway woods: 905F 15* and Big Bertha 19*Hybrid: DWS 3HIrons: 2008 FP 4-GWWedge: Carnoustie 56*Putter: Zing Anser 2i

I hate hitting the ball really well and putting/chipping like crap. It makes me feel so bad that the 83 or 81 or 84 or whatever was accompanied by several 3-putts and 1 or 2 up and downs. That's horrific. I've been practicing my putting for months and I still see no consistent improvement. Time for a lesson I guess. I've been checking some stats of other golfers with similar handicaps and it looks like I hit the ball better than most 10s (GIR%, FIR%, etc.). It looks like I hit the ball about as well as an "average" 5-7 handicap, but they average about 1.8 PPH...whereas I'm 2. I average 2.1-2.2 PPGIR!

you need a new putter! seriously. i got a great scotty cameron and couldn't put worth a damn with it. i went and got my old putter from high school, and i can feel like i haven't in a long time. i've been putting loads better.

When I hit the best short iron of my life and it comes up short because I didn't get the yardage right.

When I have a long putt and hit it on the perfect line and leave it short.....

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

- I hate it when one aspect of my game finally aligns well and another one goes down the tubes. Putting, chipping, driving -- pick any two.
- I hate 6ft+putts that look like they have a little break, so I account for a little break, but they don't break at all, so I hit a perfect 6ft+ putt just to the side of the cup.
- Speaking of which, I hate it when I do exactly what I wanted to do (my physical efforts actually match my mental ambition), but what I wanted to do turned out to not be what I should have done. (I hate actually hitting the shot I want, but it turned out I shouldn't have wanted to hit that shot.)
- I hate having 3 or 4 disaster holes each round. (I feel your pain, Dave.) Last time I played 18 I had an 8 on a par 4, where 4 of those strokes hardly got me anywhere. I basically took the ball from the tee to the hole in 4 strokes, but had 4 strokes worth of mess-ups in the beginning.
- I hate random slices. I've worked the slice out of my normal swing lately, but I still have the occasional wildly bad slice that leaves me playing from the wrong fairway. It makes getting back over harder and costs me a lot of distance, basically adding a minimum of one extra required stroke to the hole.
- I've made an entire list (30+ bullet points) of things to remember when hitting the ball in various situations. I hate it when I don't remember the one or two basic points and completely flub a shot (forgetting hand alignment, keeping my head down, etc) and know it was entirely avoidable.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

How about my 4 over front 9 and my 14 over back nine.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I hate topping the ball, hitting it fat, three-putting, knowing I could break 90 consistently and lower if I could quit doing dumb shit . . . grabbing the wrong club, piss-poor course management . . . the list goes on and on . . .

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

After 4 days of 2+ hours of practice p/day last week I went out and played like I had never hit a ball in my life on Saturday.

Very, very frustrating. I think that it has to do with the fact that all my practice is off of range mats. I need to find a local range where I can hit off grass...

:cleveland:         Classic 10.5° w/ Miyazaki C.Kua Limited X-Stiff
:cleveland:         Launcher FL 3 Wood 17° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:cleveland:         Mashie 3H 20.5° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:mizuno:   MP-57 4 - PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300
:cleveland:         588 - 52° 56° 60°
:scotty_cameron:          Studio Newport 2
:srixon:              Z-Star Tour Yellow 

I hate it when I use poor judgment when it comes to strategy.
Example: I crush a drive on a par 5 leaving me with a fairly easy shot to get home in 2. The fairway snakes right and uphill to the green, bunker right in front of the pin, uphill rough behind the pin. Utterly convinced that I had to reach the green and go directly at the flag, I take one less club than I needed and swung harder than usual. I hit the ball down my line but go over the green. I now have a short, downhill chip and the green is running away from me. Instead of risking an easy 56 degree wedge and leaving it in the rough, I take my 50 to make sure I get it on the green, then two putt for par.
Not a bad score, but had I aimed slightly left on my second shot and taken a normal swing, the wind (going left to right) could have carried the ball toward the green. At worst, I would have had a level chip from the fairway/fringe where I could have used spin to check the ball, leaving a makeable birdie putt.
My poor strategy put me in a spot where I had to really work for a 5 instead of a good shot at 4.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Like some others, I hate the disaster holes. I get a few in my round it seems like every time. Played a great 9 holes last week and got to 9 and wasn't paying atten, tee'd up a bit too high and popped a 3w tee shot up about 75 yards down. Hit a good 4-iron but pushed it a bit. Had some trees in front but could get under them. Used an easy 4-iron and hit a perfect shot. Only it hit the lowest hanging branch somehow, rattled around for a long time and finally popped out on the other side of the tree line. Punched out for my 4th shot. Hit a wedge about 80 yards on to the green. Made a good putt but left it an inch short. Tapped in for a triple. Ruined the round. All because I tee'd up too high like an idiot.

I try and stay positive and say to myself that they all used to be disaster holes and I should be happy only a few will be now and hopefully soon enough a disaster hole only comes up from time to time.

I also hate my greed. I can't just accept a couple good shots and play for an easy par. Recently on a par 5 I hit a good 3w off the tee and used it again in the fairway and put the ball about 15 yards in front of the green. Had a bunker and the pin was right by it. You were short-sided no matter what you did, kind f a crappy hole. So of course instead of hitting a safe chip and getting a shot at a Birdie, I wanted to get a great shot at a birdie so I tried to land the ball right above the bunker so it would bounce and roll on and stop right by the hole for a possible Eagle. Of course I hit it right on line and it came up about a foot short into a bunker with a huge lip. Ended up with a 6.

COURSE MANAGEMENT
COURSE MANAGEMENT
COURSE MANAGEMENT
COURSE MANAGEMENT
COURSE MANAGEMENT

Either 1) not thinking about what shot to hit, or 2) thinking out the best strategy but then doing the cowboy thing instead of the accountant thing.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Note: This thread is 5380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!