IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

iacas

If I'm fairly new to the S&T; pattern, what angles are best to video tape from to get the best feedback on my swing?

Also, after reading the newest book and going through the dvds, I feel a little overloaded with information. Are there a few simple swing thoughts I can try to keep top of mind?

Still trying to find my swing!

Originally Posted by SlapShotGolfer

If I'm fairly new to the S&T; pattern, what angles are best to video tape from to get the best feedback on my swing?

Also, after reading the newest book and going through the dvds, I feel a little overloaded with information. Are there a few simple swing thoughts I can try to keep top of mind?

http://stackandtiltgolfswing.com/the-basics/

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlapShotGolfer

http://stackandtiltgolfswing.com/the-basics/

This article Erik posted a while back covers this in detail.

Constantine

• Administrator

Grant's used fairly frequently. His son Osten is pretty good too... and posts on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOwaite

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Here's a video I got of Grant giving a "clinic" on the range when the tour was in San Diego.  As Grant practices he talks about the swing or gives his advice to other pros hitting near him, very cool stuff to watch.  He is extremely knowledgeable and has spent a good amount of time with Mac O'Grady and is friends with Mike and Andy.  Can't really get a better P4 than Grant, awesome hip and shoulder slant.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Here's a video I got of Grant giving a "clinic" on the range when the tour was in San Diego.  As Grant practices he talks about the swing or gives his advice to other pros hitting near him, very cool stuff to watch.  He is extremely knowledgeable and has spent a good amount of time with Mac O'Grady and is friends with Mike and Andy.  Can't really get a better P4 than Grant, awesome hip and shoulder slant.

That was good. Thanks for posting.

Ok, so I FINALLY read this whole thread. I came to S&T; like many of you. I never made solid contact, and through lots of practice and a technical way of looking at things, I still gradually improved and got my index down to about a 12, but still knew I wasn't doing it right. I also noticed that I always seemed to make the best contact when I would do punch shots and really exaggerate the forward lean. So I would see the S&T; commercials and it really sounded intriguing, but like many people, I assumed that it was a fad b/c not many people used it, and a lot of people criticized it. Finally I decided to think for myself and do some research and decided that Mike and Andy are correct, THEY are the ones teaching it right. So I bought the book and DVD's. Got them about 2 weeks ago.

Immediately noticed some good things, but still had some struggles with consistency at the range. Finally took my camera out and noticed two major flaws right away. VIDEO IS INVALUABLE. Without video I wouldn't have known that my hands were not going inside and that I was still swaying to the back, even while focusing on avoiding that. So with video helping me, I focused on really keeping my hands in and not wasting power by swaying any, and lo and behold, had the best range session of my life yesterday. Even the driver was long and straight. Struggled with the 3w and 5w, but everything else was going long, high, and mostly straight. Consistency was pretty good considering how new this stuff is for me.

What I have found is that if you just do what they tell you to do, it will work. This is how most things tend to be. Just do exactly what the instructors say, and REALLY DO IT. And it will work. Sometimes that's easier said than done because you think you're doing it, and you're really trying, but video will show you that you're not doing it. So use that video camera, and be intentional about doing what they're telling you to do, and it will work.

See, I was going to post videos of my swing and ask for advice, but once I filmed my swing and watched it, it was so obvious what was wrong that I was able to identify it and then really focus on it. So I didn't even bother posting. Not saying I won't in the future as the differences become smaller and harder to notice, but point being, when you can see your own swing and compare it to a "right" swing, it gives you so much more benefit.

I have one more range session planned then I get to sort of test the new swing on a crappy pasture golf course on Friday, then a few more practices and then I get to play a real round at a nice course next week. Can't wait to see if I can take it to the course.

Great testimonial watty ! It's true you can fix yourself to a point but you may miss something. When you think you have it right send a video to The Golf Evolution. They'll be able to fine tune your swing.

http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

I have hit the range a couple of times in the past week to try and practice some of these principles. Really liking the general feel of the swing, I never feel comfortable taking my hands up so the deep hands feels more natural to me and the position from the top of the downswing feels very powerful if I have kept my right arm from flying away. When I missed I usually overdrew or hooked the ball and started straight at the target. I was setting up with the clubface a few degrees open. Any thoughts on what I did on these shots?

Contact with the ball was very solid. I usually carry my 6i right on the 150m marker at the range and I was consistently around 5m past it.

Good to see Dustin Johnson knows the ballflight laws, perhaps from his time working with B&P;? There are still so many who dont know this, including Poulter who hits the tree in his draw video.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator

Originally Posted by gmbtempe

Can you hit an in-line fade with a SnT pattern.........or does it have to be a push fade?

The face has to be to the right or the path has to be left... so which do you want to do?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Grant's used fairly frequently. His son Osten is pretty good too... and posts on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOwaite

this kid is probably sweet. really nice swing, helps to have a dad like grant, he was probably learning the golf swing when he was 5, lol

I was thinking path=0 with face maybe a degree or so open

Square swingpath and slightly open clubface would be a push fade. You'd want to aim your body a little to the left of the target.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I was thinking path=0 with face maybe a degree or so open

if im reading this right, a path that is 0 to the target at impact and the face is 1 or 2 degrees open, youll have a ball that starts to the right of the target and fades away further away from the target.  a miss, in other words.

Colin P.