iacas

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

1,825 posts / 340147 viewsLast Reply

You can also start down a bad path after seeing initially good results.

Weight doesn’t stay forward in an S&T swing done properly and certainly pressure doesn’t.

A good S&T backswing is just a centered pivot.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

19 hours ago, iacas said:

Not sure what you mean. It's inline with a lot of golf swings

It just has the exact look of the swing that Andy and that other guy, Bennett (?), had. 

I’m one of those whom overdid the weight forward. My head still leans towards the target to this day. 

19 hours ago, nevets88 said:

It just has the exact look of the swing that Andy and that other guy, Bennett (?), had. 

I’m one of those whom overdid the weight forward. My head still leans towards the target to this day. 

I had to undo that as well. I still have to be conscious of it.

My guess is lot of folks simply bend sideways towards the target in an effort to keep weight forward instead of rotating in the backswing. And then reverse the bend in the downswing, causing them to come crashing down on the ball with a steep angle.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:55 AM, iacas said:

A good S&T backswing is just a centered pivot.

Yes, minding first two keys(5S) with a good pivot solves 99 percent of my ills.

Thank you for helping to keep stack and tilt alive. I have tried just about every method out there of the past thirty years. I watched the youtube videos a few times and tried it on the range. Unbelievable, contact every time. Even the odd miss hit was just a thin. Bought the book and read it cover to cover. Hit the range again and great contact every time again. Took it to the course yesterday and shot my lowest round this by 8 strokes. The only real problem left is some direction inconsistencies caused by my wrists. It will take time to stop doing the normal release of the conventional swing.

Have to say things are still working well - really good contact with the irons AND fairway woods/Driver.

I am certain that the biggest difference is the elimination of sway.  My head stays pretty much in the same place in relation to the ball till well after impact - where before it was moving back and up.

One problem is some pulls left with wedges. I think this is to do with the inside path of the club on the backswing and coming over the top a touch on the downswing.  I am working on that.  Also working on really relaxing the arms to try and increase clubhead speed. Driver clubhead speed was 83mph (ouch)... managed to get to 88 consistently.

Still just playing the par3 course at the moment and hitting at the range...1st full round is on Sunday. My club course is longish, just under 7000 yards and a par 73.  Hoping to break 90.

Edited by Jay28

Still just a few rounds in on learning this swing but made two big discoveries. The first one was I was not able to slide the hips far enough for the driver. I reread the book an noticed outward pressure on the knees. It added 3-4 inches of slide without effort. The second one was "arms straight". I kept concentrating on my left arm but had trouble getting it to straighten fully at impact. This resulting in some thins and fats. Then I started working on keeping the right arm connected on one of the drills and now the left is straight every time, with consistent low point after the ball. I am excited about the last part.