IGNORED

miura vs. mizuno

Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If it was all about a better forging process, I'd still have Mizunos in the bag from 2-iron through Lw. Sometimes it's about scoring. If someone likes their Miura sticks and is happy with the scores they're shooting, go for it. I seem to shoot a couple strokes less with my Clevelands and their lame-o "form forged" irons. And cast wedges : (

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

In response to the myth thing... I've read stories in which Miura-san was quoted as stating that he did make irons for OEM's in the past. Apparently, it's not a myth. He did, but does so no longer.

Which is what I established earlier.

In fact, it was the whole point of my post.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I played a round recently with someone who claimed to be a low single capper and who also played with a set of Miura blades, and well I can honestly say that the Miuras were not some magical, mythical, amazing clubs that left me wowed. The guy played like crap despite playing with Miuras (who knows if he was really a low single capper, I thought he was more like a 12 or so capper), so what is the point that i'm trying to make? The point is, there is not "greatest of all" set of clubs. The Miuras obviously didn't elevate this guy's game.......sure he could have had a bad day, but he could have just as easily have had a bad day with any other set of clubs. Ultimately, your golf game will be determined by YOU more so than what clubs you are using.

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

Think the better you get the more you notice....... As I get lower and better in game I have started to feel slight differences in general...... That's where I believe JDM clubs or higher end equipment come into play..... I have hit Miura, fourteen, and many mizuno's and there is a difference.... Neither is really better just different.....the JDM has higher standards I believe.... Mizuno also has a custom dept through tour spec golf and I am sure those would be very close to other JDM clubs..... Also I believe mizuno Japan uses S20/S25 steel instead of 1025...... Most of the JDM clubs are S20/S25 steel...... But yes you pay for quality They have forging houses in Thailand, china but the standards and quality control is same supposedly Endo forge doesn't really mean anything...... They forge to manufacturers specs...alot of clubs are forged there but there is a budget limit set so what you pay for is what you get......you are not going to get a $2000 set of forged clubs for $700 at golf galaxy even though both are forged at endo Endo has many different levels and quality of steel........ A forged 8620 steel isn't going to feel like S20.....no matter what you do, but pretty sure endo forges with 8620 for manufactures if they spec'd it out My next set of customs is Epon...... Endo's premium baby!....... After seeing quality everything at roger dunns looks and feels cheap.. ( aside from mizuno)

• 3 months later...
Never played a Miura, However, I perceive it as the Ferrari of the Golf club heads. And I think we should not compare Miura to anything else. Miura is like the ultimate experience while a BMW is a truly unique driving experience. Or a Fiat is great to drive and Fix It Again Tony :-) Ar the end it is a matter of what mony can buy for owning and the mindset & passion

Originally Posted by redab

Never played a Miura,

However, I perceive it as the Ferrari of the Golf club heads. And I think we should not compare Miura to anything else.

Miura is like the ultimate experience while a BMW is a truly unique driving experience.

Or a Fiat is great to drive and Fix It Again Tony

Ar the end it is a matter of what mony can buy for owning and the mindset & passion

You should try Miuras sometime.  You might find that they are nothing special other than a hyped up brandname stamped on the back of the club.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

You should try Miuras sometime.  You might find that they are nothing special other than a hyped up brandname stamped on the back of the club.

I can't see anything. What's up with all this fog? Oh, it's the irony - it's getting thick in here lately!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So says the guy with the "MIZUNO" in his avatar.

LOL!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

LOL!

What are you saying Mr. Desmond?

Surely, the grain-flow forging is more than hype

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

LOL!

Youve never seen me claim that Mizunos were crafted by the hands of God, like you often see people say when speaking of Miuras.  Sorry but Ive hit Miuras and theyre nice.  However, are they the magical golf clubs that some people make them out to be?  Nope!  To me, the feel of them is too firm, much like Bridgestones (also nice irons).  I'll keep the soft feel of my Mizunos, thanks.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Youve never seen me claim that Mizunos were crafted by the hands of God, like you often see people say when speaking of Miuras.  Sorry but Ive hit Miuras and theyre nice.  However, are they the magical golf clubs that some people make them out to be?  Nope!  To me, the feel of them is too firm, much like Bridgestones (also nice irons).  I'll keep the soft feel of my Mizunos, thanks.

When a guy with "MIZUNO" plastered all over his avatar and signature speaks ill of Miura, I mean, let's face it, you will lack credibility.

I've owned several sets of Mizuno and Miura - clubmakers like Miura because their specs are exact. Mizuno? Not so much unless you go "Tour," from what I understand. I know a club maker who decided to carry Mizuno, but only after he was assured that they would hand pick his clubheads for spec.

As to feel, some Miuras feel more dense, other feel soft. I had a set of Miura 301/Nippons that were as soft feeling as Mizuno.

They are both fine irons - I like the simplicity of Miura but would also buy MIzuno again. In fact, the new MP T4 wedges felt solid and the satin finish is pleasing.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Seems he's making the progression to Miura's.  First he was Titleist, now Mizuno, next logical step is Miura.  I predict a new name and avatar in the future.

LOL!

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

You've repeatedly ignored simple facts in the pursuit of your belief in all things Mizuno. You've swallowed their marketing hook, line, sinker, rod, reel, and the fisherman attached.

Mizuno makes great clubs - but great clubs are not exclusive to Mizuno as you commonly make clear that you believe.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

You've repeatedly ignored simple facts in the pursuit of your belief in all things Mizuno. You've swallowed their marketing hook, line, sinker, rod, reel, and the fisherman attached.

Mizuno makes great clubs - but great clubs are not exclusive to Mizuno as you commonly make clear that you believe.

LOL...Wow.  I havent said that ONLY Mizuno makes great clubs and everything else is junk.  Everyone makes great clubs infact, I simply prefer Mizunos.

• Administrator

LOL...Wow.

I'm far and away not the only person here that gets that impression of you (along with a strong anti-Titleist angle).

I really don't have a strong opinion of this because I can't recall much specifically of your previous opinions, however, your preference is pretty obvious.  There are nine (yes, NINE) big bold MIZUNOs in your avatar/signature.

I'm not going to make fun of your allegiance, but if I see somebody with that stamp comparing Mizuno's to anything else, I won't consider their opinion too strongly because I can't tell how much of it is clouded by their fandom.

And for my part, I've never hit Miura's so I have no comparison, but the Mizuno's I've tried are very nice.  (I just wasn't consistent enough to warrant getting them ... I needed a little more forgiveness)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I really don't have a strong opinion of this because I can't recall much specifically of your previous opinions, however, your preference is pretty obvious.  There are nine (yes, NINE) big bold MIZUNOs in your avatar/signature.

I'm not going to make fun of your allegiance, but if I see somebody with that stamp comparing Mizuno's to anything else, I won't consider their opinion too strongly because I can't tell how much of it is clouded by their fandom.

And for my part, I've never hit Miura's so I have no comparison, but the Mizuno's I've tried are very nice.  (I just wasn't consistent enough to warrant getting them ... I needed a little more forgiveness)

No arguement that I prefer Mizunos.  So what?  What most people dont know is that I try everything and my opinions are based upon personal experience, not mere blind brand loyalty.

Note: This thread is 3832 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!