IGNORED

fit golf clubs in 350z

maraca2020
Note: This thread is 4403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wanted to buy the 350z when I bought my last car but was not going to pay that price with the storage space issues. Went with a hatchback at about half the price and saved my self about 15k over the last 5 years. Now the 370z apparently does not have the same issue so I'm just waiting until the prices come down a few years from now. In hindsight I wish I had gone with the Infiniti G35 last time but it aint no big thing. A car is just a liability to get me from point A to point B.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steps to fit clubs in a 350z, BMW Z3, Audi TT:

1) Break clubs in half, throw out bag
2) Put broken clubs in trunk carefully as the shafts may damage interior if put in without care
3) Drive to golf course
4) Reshaft clubs in the parking lot (see re-shafting instructions in the search results on TST)
5) Buy a cheap-o bag from the pro shop

*repeat for the ride home

PS: if you plan on being a yuppie, at least be an educated one. people don't buy mini-coopers to pick up plywood, don't buy a sports car if you can't fit golf clubs, OR have another car to drive to the course.

c'mon man.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Quote:

PS: if you plan on being a yuppie, at least be an educated one. people don't buy mini-coopers to pick up plywood, don't buy a sports car if you can't fit golf clubs, OR have another car to drive to the course.

Hmmm, sports cars I have had over the years:

1st generation RX-7 - fit clubs

2nd generation RX-7 - fit clubs

2nd generation 300zx - fit clubs

Eclipse - fits clubs

Next car is looking to be a G37 or 370z and it will fit clubs (or else I won't be buying it).

Originally Posted by Grumpter

Quote:

Hmmm, sports cars I have had over the years:

1st generation RX-7 - fit clubs

2nd generation RX-7 - fit clubs

2nd generation 300zx - fit clubs

Eclipse - fits clubs

Next car is looking to be a G37 or 370z and it will fit clubs (or else I won't be buying it).

...and? lol Grumpter, all you've done is proven to me that you're a golfer who takes his clubs into consideration while buying a car, and simply stated that if a car won't fit your clubs you won't buy it. My point to the OP was, if your clubs can't fit in the trunk, and you don't want to put them in the front seat, there ARE ways of getting them there. He could always ship them the day before his round if he wants, or he could rent clubs at the course. If your hobby is equestrian riding and you're buying a new car, do you think the first thing you should think about is, "what if i need to connect my trailer to it?"...if you're a golfer, or at least have it as a hobby, wouldn't you want to buy a car that has the room, or at least gives you the ability to get your clubs to the course? otherwise? Fail. Sell your clubs, take up bowling. No room for a bowling ball? Take up origami.

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I considered buying a new Camaro, but the trunk is a serious golf handicap......it was doable, but I had to remove my longer clubs from the bag to SQUEEZE it into the trunk.  Yea...I tested 'bag fit' while at the dealer...LOL  Camaro owners...don't take offense.....it's a sweet ride.  I still may buy one someday.

For now, I opted for this instead....

IMG_3603.jpg

HEMI MOPAR muscle comes with a big trunk

...i'm pretty sure I can get a few golf bags in there...LOL.....my cart cover and bag both fit with plenty of room to spare.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by maraca2020

anyone with pics?

I do...of a Dodge Challenger trunk:

IMG_0091.jpg

Lots of room for bags, cart covers, dead bodies,,HEH......you name it

What's in Paul's Bag:

My Cadillac CTS Coupe will fit my clubs widthwise in the trunk if I pull the driver and 3w and lay them across the rear separately.  I could also fold down one of the rear seats which is the only way I can fit two golf bags in the trunk.  Not a great car for golf, but great for driving in general.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I considered buying a new Camaro, but the trunk is a serious golf handicap......it was doable, but I had to remove my longer clubs from the bag to SQUEEZE it into the trunk.  Yea...I tested 'bag fit' while at the dealer...LOL  Camaro owners...don't take offense.....it's a sweet ride.  I still may buy one someday.

For now, I opted for this instead....

HEMI MOPAR muscle comes with a big trunk

...i'm pretty sure I can get a few golf bags in there...LOL.....my cart cover and bag both fit with plenty of room to spare.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Itake that over a camaro ANY day and twice on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, camaro is a nice car but...DAMN....lookit that thing!!!!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

my 2010 mustang fits my bag and my cart in the trunk...and 3 bowling balls (oh how i love overlapping seasons)

Originally Posted by newtogolf

My Cadillac CTS Coupe will fit my clubs widthwise in the trunk if I pull the driver and 3w and lay them across the rear separately.  I could also fold down one of the rear seats which is the only way I can fit two golf bags in the trunk.  Not a great car for golf, but great for driving in general.

I have a funny CTSV story from just last week!! ......

I was minding my own business when this guy pulls next to me and revs his engine. At the last second, he zips in front of me onto the exit-ramp to get onto the interstate. It's a cloverleaf and he's stuck behind an old lady going 25mph as we make our way long way around the loop. Along the long/slow way around....he's revving as he follows the old lady...along with adding a few gratuitous lunges.....LOL

He's in a CTSV with modded exhaust and nice looking black wheels. His plates read "M3 EATER"...hahaha I have to admit, his car sounded like a race car....it sounded great.

Just as we're ready to merge.....he lets'er RIP and fly's around that woman in a fraction of a second and then loses control.......he got maybe 200 feet beyond the old lady and he got totally sideways. he fishtailed across 3 lanes of traffic 3 times before he regained control He was EXTREMELY lucky as hell there were no cars to either side of him or in his immediate vicinity when he broke loose........he never hit a thing but he looked hideous as he slid from side to side across a 3 lane highway 3 times..

I bet he crapped in his pants......

What's in Paul's Bag:

Unfortunately they don't require an IQ test before they sell high HP cars to people.  I remember back in the days of the Ford Mustang GT 5.0 and Buick Grand National watching guys fish tail and wreck all the time because they didn't know how to handle the power.

I have the 3.6 CTS Coupe and it's pretty fast at 300+ HP, I can only imagine what the V can do.  The guy you saw could not only drive but he was stupid as to get the car sideways like that he likely had to totally disable traction control.

I was minding my own business when this guy pulls next to me and revs his engine. At the last second, he zips in front of me onto the exit-ramp to get onto the interstate. It's a cloverleaf and he's stuck behind an old lady going 25mph as we make our way long way around the loop. Along the long/slow way around....he's revving as he follows the old lady...along with adding a few gratuitous lunges.....LOL

He's in a CTSV with modded exhaust and nice looking black wheels. His plates read "M3 EATER"...hahaha I have to admit, his car sounded like a race car....it sounded great.

Just as we're ready to merge.....he lets'er RIP and fly's around that woman in a fraction of a second and then loses control.......he got maybe 200 feet beyond the old lady and he got totally sideways. he fishtailed across 3 lanes of traffic 3 times before he regained control He was EXTREMELY lucky as hell there were no cars to either side of him or in his immediate vicinity when he broke loose........he never hit a thing but he looked hideous as he slid from side to side across a 3 lane highway 3 times..

Joe Paradiso

Guy sounds like a real class act. Nothing like harrassing old ladies on the highway...I wonder if it's the same guy that was hitting driver at the range with his newborn in a car seat in the next stall?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 1 month later...

I suppose there is a danger of a bouncing ball hitting the baby, but other than that why not. Gives the baby fresh air, probably sleeping anyway.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Guy sounds like a real class act. Nothing like harrassing old ladies on the highway...I wonder if it's the same guy that was hitting driver at the range with his newborn in a car seat in the next stall?

I have a 350Z Roadster and can fit one bag in the trunk.  In all 350Z's there's a diagram on how to load golf clubs so they'll fit.  Of course, if you have a 46.5" driver, it's going to have to ride shotgun.

I know this is an old thread, but whoever was saying they could get 2 bags in a smart car, it's because it's designed like a golf cart!  It looks like it was meant for it.  You should be able to drive that right around the loop.

This is why I bought a Honda Odyssey.  Well... that and the fact that we had a baby and are trying to have more.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I'm sure a Honda Odyssey is nowhere near as fun to drive as a 350Z.  I would keep a sports car even if my clubs had to ride shotgun in the passenger's seat.  I have 3 boys who are teenagers now, and I have "My Car", the "Family Car", which doubles as the wife's car.  And I have "The Toy".

The utility of carrying my clubs conveniently doesn't override the joy of driving a 300 horsepower convertible everyday....... lol.

Originally Posted by bwdial

This is why I bought a Honda Odyssey.  Well... that and the fact that we had a baby and are trying to have more.

The only thing I think of when I see a 350Z\z/370z?

A hairdresser

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 4403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!