IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

shoot par or under

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I met a couple of my 2009 goals so here we go:

Well, I reached some of my goals, some others are still lagging.

1. HCP is at 19.9, I really killed myself early this year and let the thing get up to 21.8. Shooting for 17 by December. 2. Shot 84, so mark it off! 3. Still have 6 lessons sitting in my desk drawer I got for my birthday. Really need to stop procrastinating on that one. 4. Really improved here. Less driver, more punch outs to avoid trouble, lay up when necessary. 5. Have all my rounds of the year detailed. It's helped big time with practice. 6. Lost this one on the morning of the 2nd day. I did win one of the rounds though. 7. Had this done in April, got my clubs end of May. I love them, it's brought a new confidence to my game. 0. I've been practicing a lot, using the range 2-3 times a week. From this point on I'd like to get my HCP to 17, improve my putting from 38/round to 33. And I also would like to shoot <40 for a 9 hole total. I had even 40 earlier this week and should have been 38 but 3-putted 2 holes that both were GIR. Stupid.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Just started playing again in July after a 5 year break from golf. My goal for for this year was to break 100 consistently. I'm nearly there - I have the occasional bad round a few strokes above 100, but I've been in the mid-90's fairly often.

Because of where I am now, my goal for the rest of the golf season is to break 90. I shot 43 on a 9-hole course, and have shot 44-46 plenty of times on the front or the back, but haven't managed below 90 for a full 18. The 2011 goal will be to break 90 regularly.

I'm putting better, chipping better, my problem right now is consistency.

Consistently break 90 - I can do the break 90 part I am just not consistent.

Bag
9.5 degree Diablo Edge
XPC 3, 5 Wood (soon to be changed to a 60 degree and a new 3 wood)
AP1 4-GW
SW White Hot 2 Ball Putter e6

break 80....I've had 81, and 83, but still looking for 79 or lower

In my SQ Sumo Bag:

Driver: Dymo2 10.5
3 Wood: Dymo2
Irons: Forged Blades 1-PWWedges: Forged Blade 56, VR 60Putter: Method 001Ball: One Gold or One Tour D

Before the active season started, I chose 70 as a target score to post.

At the time I didn't consider that the course could be par 70, 71, or 72. Regardless 70 is still the number.

Mike

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Get my handicap to single digits. Made it but I'm back up to 10.7

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

• 2 weeks later...
1. Establish my SAGA handicap.

I guess 1. and 2. are checked off. Time to get to work on 3.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

How about this, having been on hiatus for some time from the forum I did not post 2010 goals nor did I post how I did for 2009. So here goes:

My 2009 Goals:
Your 2009 Personal (Golf) Goals Well 2008 was such a bad year that I really need to improve in 2009: - Improve the short game Using Utley's putting style my putting is finally coming around but my chipping, bunker play, pitching, etc are atrocious. Some serious work has to be put into the short game.

Tossed out the Utley method of chipping in March, it just didn't work for me. Since my short game has blossomed! My putting is better than it's probably ever been.

- Get the Driver under control Did this in 2007 and had a great year. Fought with it big time again this year. I have to get my fairways hit stat above 60%

Did this, my driver is well under control now. Being a bigger hitter I will never hit 80% of fairways but at least I keep it on the course now.

-Play some events outside my comfort zone I need to play at least one bigger amateur event in my section

Still haven't done this.

-Get my handicap back down to 0 I was a 0 or less most of 2007 and at the beginning of 2008 it has since crept up to almost 2.

This I have done.

-Keep my GIR up Hit over 66% of GIR, this was my saving grace in a horrible year. I have to keep this up and even improve if I can get the driver figured out. Some stats I want to improve: Stat________ Now/ Goal Fairways----44%/ 60% Total putts --33.19/ 31.5 up/down % --- 43%/ 60%

Unfortunately do to my crazy schedule I don't have the time to even keep stats anymore. I know I am hitting a lot of greens though.

I won the club championship at my club again so thats was always a goal as well.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

My goal was to walk a full 18 holes this year. I posted earlier in the thread that I had a really bad accident June '09. I am proud to say on 10/14 I walked 18 holes. Hit the ball really well until I started running out of gas toward about 14. Still very happy to be able to get around the course on my own two feet.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

I guess I finally met my 2009 goal of reaching a 7 index. My 2010 scoring average was 80.8 (not including 1/2 a dozen practice rounds) and I can live with that too.

17/10/2010 6.9
10/10/2010 7.0
17/09/2010 7.0
02/09/2010 6.9
15/08/2010 6.7
12/08/2010 6.7
01/08/2010 6.8
30/07/2010 6.7
18/07/2010 6.7
18/07/2010 6.7

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My 2010 goal was to break 70 and I finally did that last week. I shot a 68. I am a very consistant 71 to 75 golfer. But I had never broken 70. I am going to set some new goals for 2011.

Note: This thread is 4891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!