IGNORED

evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

iacas
Note: This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just wanted to share my experience so far with Evolvr.

Personally, Evolvr has been the best decision I've made with regard to my golf swing. For some reason, I like online lessons better than traditional lessons. It could be because the in-person lessons I had received were so poor, I don't know. But I know exactly what I'm working on and I know exactly what to do.

In the past, I would try one thing I read in a golf magazine online or watch a youtube video. I would work on that for a week and maybe it would work or maybe not, but then search for another tip. Now I am working on my priority piece identified by my instructor. My priority piece is taking a lot longer than I would like (four months and counting!) and it takes a heck of a lot of work, but I can tell it will be well worth it in the end!

For those thinking about taking up Evolvr, it may be one of the best decisions you can make with regard to your golf swing, but be prepared to work extremely hard on your swing!

Even though I am taking a break this winter from receiving more lessons, I'm looking forward to starting back up again in March or April.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, Evolvr has been the best decision I've made with regard to my golf swing.

Great to hear!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just wanted to share my experience so far with Evolvr.

Personally, Evolvr has been the best decision I've made with regard to my golf swing. For some reason, I like online lessons better than traditional lessons. It could be because the in-person lessons I had received were so poor, I don't know. But I know exactly what I'm working on and I know exactly what to do.

In the past, I would try one thing I read in a golf magazine online or watch a youtube video. I would work on that for a week and maybe it would work or maybe not, but then search for another tip. Now I am working on my priority piece identified by my instructor. My priority piece is taking a lot longer than I would like (four months and counting!) and it takes a heck of a lot of work, but I can tell it will be well worth it in the end!

For those thinking about taking up Evolvr, it may be one of the best decisions you can make with regard to your golf swing, but be prepared to work extremely hard on your swing!

Even though I am taking a break this winter from receiving more lessons, I'm looking forward to starting back up again in March or April.

I keep wanting to try it, how do you handle the video recording piece? I have 1 camcorder and it's fine for family stuff but nowhere near the speed of a GoPro. I've used it at the range in the past, the frame rate makes it impossible to see the swing in much detail. No money in the budget for a GoPro, are there other options that don't require a big investment in recording equipment?

I keep wanting to try it, how do you handle the video recording piece? I have 1 camcorder and it's fine for family stuff but nowhere near the speed of a GoPro. I've used it at the range in the past, the frame rate makes it impossible to see the swing in much detail. No money in the budget for a GoPro, are there other options that don't require a big investment in recording equipment?

Do you have an iphone?  I used my iphone (with its 30 fps or whatever it was) and it works just fine.

• 8 months later...
Of the people using evolvr do you have the student version of analyzr and is it worth the cost?

Absolutely. Evolvr will show you what you need to change and Analzr will be an enormous help with reviewing your practices and being able to measure stuff. You can get free apps like Ubersense on the iPhone that are pretty good too, but if you're serious about working on your swing it's hard to beat Analzr. I say go for it, great software and it helps support the site's owner.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Absolutely. Evolvr will show you what you need to change and Analzr will be an enormous help with reviewing your practices and being able to measure stuff. You can get free apps like Ubersense on the iPhone that are pretty good too, but if you're serious about working on your swing it's hard to beat Analzr. I say go for it, great software and it helps support the site's owner.

I have kinoviea(sp) but I don't really know how to use it. The biggest pain is that the lines disappear as the video plays, I don't know how to make them stay, I also don't know how to split screen and compare images, etc... Is analyzer student version easier to use?

I have kinoviea(sp) but I don't really know how to use it. The biggest pain is that the lines disappear as the video plays, I don't know how to make them stay, I also don't know how to split screen and compare images, etc... Is analyzer student version easier to use?

Big time. Kinovea sucks! Analzr is Mac only but very easy to use and has all the tools you need in student version plus some cool extras in Pro. Definitely worth the investment if you like geeking out on your swing. Split screen, lines, angles, circles, squares, export images, frame by frame, all the toys you're looking for. Plus you can import YouTube so it's easy to compare swings with pros that match your style.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have a PC also. I use V1 Home software to analyze videos. It has most of the capabilities of Analzr.

As for the camera I have a Kodak PlaySport Zx3. It has a 720p 30fps mode that works fine for a swing video. It cost less than a GoPro.

The Playsport comes with software that you can edit the video with and upload it to Youtube for adding to your MySwing thread.

Doug

I have a PC also. I use V1 Home software to analyze videos. It has most of the capabilities of Analzr. As for the camera I have a Kodak PlaySport Zx3. It has a 720p 30fps mode that works fine for a swing video. It cost less than a GoPro. The Playsport comes with software that you can edit the video with and upload it to Youtube for adding to your MySwing thread.

I'll take a look at v1. I have a Casio camera that can record up to I think 1000fps, the most I used is 120fps though.

I do not have the student version ... honestly I like the professionals(Brian) looking at my swing and sending me a break down of what I need to work on ... that is the service I pay for and a value add to me ... Maybe after I learn something about what a swing should look like, but I am not not there currently ... same reason I don't doctor myself ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I do not have the student version ... honestly I like the professionals(Brian) looking at my swing and sending me a break down of what I need to work on ... that is the service I pay for and a value add to me ...

Maybe after I learn something about what a swing should look like, but I am not not there currently ... same reason I don't doctor myself ...

Brian is the one who does my lessons too, I am not trying to analyze my swing but I record my practice and check to make sure that I am getting in the positions that he wants me to get in. There is no point in practicing if I continue to do it wrong.

I'm going to look into v1 and see if I like that better than kinovea.

Yes Brian is my coach also. I use the V1 not to coach myself but as @Slowcelica says to check myself to see if I am getting my priority pieces right.

Gotcha ... I have only used the slow motion on my iphone, the few times I have check ... but I am liking your idea ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Note: This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!