IGNORED

Tiger Woods News Conference Friday

jubess
Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is what my logical inner voice tells me. If you have to sign up on a Friday for the following week's tourney then he will have to announce he is playing on the Friday he signs up. There is no way his signing up can be kept a secret and the press will go bizzaro world with the "leak" that he has signed up so he needs to tell everyone he has just signed up himself. I think it will be that simple... "I signed up to play next week, see you there, thanks for coming".

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
This is what my logical inner voice tells me. If you have to sign up on a Friday for the following week's tourney then he will have to announce he is playing on the Friday he signs up. There is no way his signing up can be kept a secret and the press will go bizzaro world with the "leak" that he has signed up so he needs to tell everyone he has just signed up himself. I think it will be that simple... "I signed up to play next week, see you there, thanks for coming".

I really, really doubt he's going to play the Waste Management Open. For the obvious reasons and the others (like the guy who was following him with a gun in his fanny pack years ago).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Holy crap! you don't know much about MLK do you? He had multiple girl friends while married and out making speeches. The FBI had him cold. I don't know aout Ghandi because there was no way to find out but throughout history the more powerful the man the more tail he got on the side. The travesty of infidelity is the disrepect it shows for one's family, that's it, the rest is just sex.

On the contrary, I do know that MLK had lots of gir friends. But he changed the way society viewed blacks. It is his activism that should be idolized. If you were to dig up the past of anyone who "should be a role model", then I don't think you'll have anyone left. I am just saying Tiger is known for golf that's all--that is not big enough to be a role model. However, those that changed society for better or developed better understanding of humanity and science, now those actions are what need to be idolized.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I really, really doubt he's going to play the Waste Management Open. For the obvious reasons and the others (like the guy who was following him with a gun in his fanny pack years ago).

It would be funny seeing people throw blow up dolls at him on the 16th, though.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Im sure there will be plenty of streakers in 2010....

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Yawn. Tiger reads a statement, takes zero questions and then leaves, which pretty much is his normal news conference. I wonder how he looks physically as whether he's had time to work out or too much time to work out and has bulked up a bit. Golf gets some attention in February, which is good.

Interesting though to see various players offer up their opinions on the matter. I'm guessing Ernie won't be invited over for dinner at the Woods' house anytime soon.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

I wouldn't think he is playing next week either except for this:

Steinberg said . “It’s strictly a timing issue. There is a very good reason (to do it Friday) … and not do it next week.”

Rob Tyska

I hope he does play next week as a warm up to getting back into playing golf. I would watch it with more interest then.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

Yeah, plus nobody picked the WM Open in the betting thread.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

hell... for all we know he may announce his retirement

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

If I could find someone willing to put money on

that I'd bet anything. Besides, "retirement" isn't something that's so pressing it couldn't wait. If he was gonna retire, he'd just not bother to have a conference.

why not? Annika did.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

They showed some pics on the Golf Channel about 15 minutes ago with Tiger playing some golf today at Isleworth (it think Isleworth). Take that how you like, but to me, that pretty much means he won't retire. In any case, I never thought he was going to retire anyway, I think a lot of reporters through that out there just in case they got it right.

why not? Annika did.

And she is 5 years older than Tiger. Not to mention that it's pretty safe to say her best years were behind her, she hadn't won a major in 2 years.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
why not? Annika did.

Annika's retirement took a full year. We knew it was coming. It's not a "timely matter" or whatever Steinberg said for Tiger.

So, $50?

it was a joke... anyway

What's in Shane's Bag?     

in reality I think that he's coming back at Bay Hill to be 100% honest he's won two in a row in dramatic fashion... the next tabloid you'll see is I cheated in the sectional qualifier for the U.S. Open because I switched to a 1987 set of Ping Eye2s

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Can't wait to find out what he's going to say tomorrow.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!