IGNORED

How addicted are you to this game?

pusher
Note: This thread is 4929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought about this for a while. Golf's a big part of my life, but I fit it in around other things.

For the past few months, I've been getting up at 5:00am three times each week to hit balls or play nine holes at a nearby nine-hole course before work. Then, on weekends, I play -- usually on both days -- at my real club, which is much tougher than the nine-hole course. I think getting out there a few times during the week is making a real difference to my game -- I also find that I enjoy work more, knowing that I've done something else already.

With the exception of Sundays, though, practising golf is scheduled around whatever else I'm doing at work, with my girlfriend or with friends etc; so, while I play frequently, it's usually very early in the mornings.
Current setup:
Titleist 909D2 9.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Titleist 909F2 15.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-P, Nippon NS Pro 1050GH Stiff | Titleist Vokey SM 54.11, 60.07 | Scotty Cameron ACVII / Napa California | Titleist Pro V1X

Since nobody else pointed it out I will. I believe you meant "puting my career or marriage..." I'd say your obsession is quite deep. I don't think this was a typo so much as a subconcious spelling error. Shows us where your mind was when you wrote this. :)

No, no, he meant "putting" -- that's how it's spelt. "Puting" is not a word!

Current setup:
Titleist 909D2 9.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Titleist 909F2 15.5°, Diamana Blue Stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-P, Nippon NS Pro 1050GH Stiff | Titleist Vokey SM 54.11, 60.07 | Scotty Cameron ACVII / Napa California | Titleist Pro V1X

If you're putting your career, and thus your family's financial well-being on the back burner for golf, you need help. If you're betraying you're wife's trust for a quick nine... nice job, Tiger, I hope your integrity is worth it.

When I first started the girlfriend would get frustrated that I spent all of my free time at the course. (Read ALL of my free time) The family pretty much just understood, because my father has the same addictive personality with fishing and hunting, and used to be the same way with golf. The girlfriend has settled down a bit and understands more now. I think it's more of just tolerating it, but it works for us. I think she's just happy that it's golf and not other things. I drink the least out of the year during golf season, because it's pretty much just a few beers here and there unless it's Thursday night league nights!

In my Ozone stand bag:
Driver: 909 D2 9.5
3 Wood: MT-15
Irons: 1025-C 3-P
Gap: Spin Milled 52-06 Oil-CanSand: Spin Milled 56-08 RawLob: Spin Milled 60-13 Oil-CanPutter: AntiguaBall: Z-Star X

Since nobody else pointed it out I will. I believe you meant "PUTING my career or marriage..." I'd say your obsession is quite deep. I don't think this was a typo so much as a SUBCONCIOUS spelling error. Shows us where your mind was when you wrote this. :)

lmfao, don't you just love when someone tries to point out spelling ''errors,'' and manages to make two of them himself. i know i sure do, it's quite funny, actually.

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one. I started playing last year, joined a club, played a few times a week. This fall it really kicked in and I started with a lesson, hitting balls regularly, got into the equipment carousel, etc.

I just reshafted three clubs tonight, hit 100 putts, chipped a little in the family room, and I'll probably read more of 5 Lessons before I go to bed

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Since nobody else pointed it out I will. I believe you meant "PUTING my career or marriage..." I'd say your obsession is quite deep. I don't think this was a typo so much as a SUBCONCIOUS spelling error. Shows us where your mind was when you wrote this. :)

I think that's a perfect example of what's known as a Freudian slip!

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

haha, this is very true.

LOLOLOLOL....she would have gotten the boot at that very minute or at least he second she got her next period!!! College girl complaining about golf and not telling her where i was going wow, lol, I would have been so done with her.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I've decided I'm too addicted, as I see work as a inconvenience that is stopping me working on my swing! It's actually a little worrying... just a shame I'm not that good!

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

i remember my girlfriend in college jumped down my throat when i came home from a round with my buddies. i apparently didn't tell her where i was going or how long i'd be gone, how dare i?? i guess she felt like golf was my "mistress". my buddies were all there when it happened, honestly, we had just stepped in the door. i just walked past her and remember thinking, "i wish i was still on the course".

She must have hated golf it is more than just a mistress to me

Since nobody else pointed it out I will. I believe you meant "puting my career or marriage..." I'd say your obsession is quite deep. I don't think this was a typo so much as a subconcious spelling error. Shows us where your mind was when you wrote this. :)

I think your spell checker is broken.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm in the midst of 20 hours of winter golf lessons that I signed up for at a heated driving range in Michigan-------70 miles away!

Thats gangsta...lol

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I'm so addicted I turned my backyard into my personal driving range. Nine months ago I had never touched a real golf club.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

In my first full year of playing, I was extremely addicted and played every chance I could. It was a whirlwind love affair totally derailed by a terrible back injury. It's been a year since playing, and we're getting pretty close to golf season here. I've spent the whole winter working out and eating right and doing Yoga to get ready for this year. So far I've lost 20 lbs. and brought my body fat percentage from 25% to now 12%. I'm shooting for 6% body fat. I decided to get in shape for a lot of reasons, but improving at golf was reason no.1, no question.

So I am definitely really addicted to golf, even though I haven't played 18 holes in over 10 months. I am very excited for this season and have never been in really good shape before, so it will be interesting to see how this "new body" will affect my handicap.

The added flexibility, balance and core strength from an entire off-season of Yoga should be interesting as well. Very excited for 2010 Golf.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!